Suggestion Allow PD/EMS to "Respond" to incoming calls.

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Description: Allow PD & EMS to right-click and Respond to their respective Emergency Service calls as well as Texts made to EMS and PD for assistance.

Why?: Quality of Life and to let the downed person know help is on the way and then they aren't left guessing.

Additional Info:
KAy6dMP.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Wanted to bump this. It's getting tiresome responding to calls way out in the wilderness just to find that the person who was injured just decided to respawn. Because they either got impatient waiting or figured no one was coming.

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Wanted to bump this. It's getting tiresome responding to calls way out in the wilderness just to find that the person who was injured just decided to respawn. Because they either got impatient waiting or figured no one was coming.
It's not just that, it's that sometimes one of the people you're with will go unconscious and so we take them to hospital, but on the way to the hospital we see an ambulance driving full speed towards the spot they got called to.

1. There's no way to know if there's EMS on so no point in waiting around.
2. Usually our car will be faster than an ambulance so it's just quicker to take them ourselves rather than wait for the ambulance to come and go back.

Suggestion: LifeAlert monitor - Add an item called LifeAlert Monitor that you can buy from convenience stores. When downed, allow the player to press a button (in the case that they are alone and need medical assistance) it will ping the paramedics to your location when you pass out.

RedMan

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
It's not just that, it's that sometimes one of the people you're with will go unconscious and so we take them to hospital, but on the way to the hospital we see an ambulance driving full speed towards the spot they got called to.

1. There's no way to know if there's EMS on so no point in waiting around.
2. Usually our car will be faster than an ambulance so it's just quicker to take them ourselves rather than wait for the ambulance to come and go back.
That deprives the EMS of their purpose, and I am fairly certain that EMS don't want to respond to injured person reports across the map only to be told that the person they sought to rescue is now at Pillbox because a good Samaritan dropped them off. You start doing their work, you undermine their purpose, and you give less of a reason for someone to stick around as EMS.

I would rather have a 911 response mechanic introduced which allows EMS or PD to respond to 911 calls in order to communicate with the person that help is on the way or unavailable.

Alternatively, when incapacitated, it should display the number of available EMS online. Combine it with the OPs suggestion and you can notify the person that help is on the way.

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
That deprives the EMS of their purpose, and I am fairly certain that EMS don't want to respond to injured person reports across the map only to be told that the person they sought to rescue is now at Pillbox because a good Samaritan dropped them off. You start doing their work, you undermine their purpose, and you give less of a reason for someone to stick around as EMS.

I would rather have a 911 response mechanic introduced which allows EMS or PD to respond to 911 calls in order to communicate with the person that help is on the way or unavailable.

Alternatively, when incapacitated, it should display the number of available EMS online. Combine it with the OPs suggestion and you can notify the person that help is on the way.
I just failed to write properly what I meant. It's just something that's supposed to stop wasting EMS time.

For example let's say we make it so that they don't get pinged automatically anymore, they won't get wasted calls. So if somebody gets downed, they need to manually press the button on their LifeAlert instead of getting a bleep where the person may or may not be there.

If that makes sense?

So civilian buys a LifeAlert, when they get downed the paramedics don't get automatically pinged, the citizen can choose if they need medical assistance and trigger the bleep for the paramedics and come get rescued, or if they're with friends then they don't press the button and the medics don't get alerted and you get dropped there by friends.