Nebulae

d2ZVDeI.png

lVgpXtX_50.png

I am a soldier of ΛTLAS.

I serve the Resistance and its people.

I am a fighter and a guardian of
liberty.

I will not be defeated.

I will not leave behind a fallen comrade.

I stand ready to engage and destroy the enemies of freedom.

I am a soldier of ΛTLAS.

~The 'creed' of ΛTLAS.
d2ZVDeI.png

fotor_2023-7-19_13_26_17-fotor-20230719132926.jpg

I N T R O D U C T I O N

Shortly after the relocation of the cell known as Due North’s main commander, Cecilia Karras to the Odessa settlements, the cell’s former influence began to slowly fall out of favor due to the absence of its leader. Day by day, more and more insurgents began to leave to pursue other endeavors in mind. After relocating to the Swiss Alps, Due North became virtually non-existent. With many issues and a corrupted supply-chain instantly piling up on one another, Due North’s fate was sealed. It was then that a meeting between the collective leadership of said cell amidst the semi-chaotic atmosphere of the Alps, turned out to be their last official one.

On that day, the cell known as ‘Due North’ officially ceased to exist.

Although the group that had sworn to dedicate all its time and energy to helping the disabled was no more, its fighters still worked independently nonetheless to wage war against the Combine and complete their main humanitarian goal of settlement nonetheless. Despite the cell itself disappearing, its members still had resilience; they have refused to simply ‘dissolve’, as their ethics code simply refused for a complete shatter to occur. Later on, one of the core members suggested a solution; a solution that the entire former leadership has agreed upon.

It was decided in an informal meetup that a reformation of the cell would be in order, albeit under different leadership. With a few strings pulled, and a few pillars put in place, one of the former Due North’s lieutenants manages to form a new doctrine, as well as a supply chain. With all the potential recruits, and the former leadership gathered, an awaited and necessary faction that enforced cooperation, unity, security and leadership in the face of the extraterrestrial enemy was hopefully re-established.

image_3.png

Ruled by a council of representatives that is composed of disgruntled soldiers and vortigaunts alike, ΛTLAS strongly holds onto the original, overarching humanitarian role of its predecessor, the main mission of the cell being the construction of self-sustaining, impenetrable settlements, with the idea of forming an effective arrowhead aimed towards ending the conflict against The Combine in the resistance’s favor taking an equally important stance in the long-term vision.

d2ZVDeI.png

IRA-Header-1500x1000_1-fotor-20230722205659.png

C O D E O F C O N D U C T

THE WILL’S:

A member of ΛTLAS, at every opportunity;
  • WILL assist in humanitarian operations in any way or shape possible.
  • WILL provide non-combatants and refugees with the basic necessities of survival.
  • WILL respect all, regardless of belief and ideology.
  • WILL maintain operational security. The leaking of sensitive information to anyone outside ATLAS will not be tolerated.
  • WILL use common sense.
  • WILL keep themselves healthy and clean.
  • WILL keep their equipment clean and ready for use.
  • WILL fight smart, & hard.
  • WILL adorn their band of allegiance.
  • WILL know when to fight and when to back down.
THE WON’TS:

A member of ΛTLAS, at every opportunity;
  • WON’T hoard supplies.
  • WON’T indiscriminately target civilians and non-combatants.
  • WON’T steal.
  • WON’T cause reckless property damage, whether it’s to ATLAS, other cells, or non-combatants.
  • WON’T leave anyone behind, unless a recovery is deemed too dangerous.
  • WON’T participate in the use, or distribution of harmful substances.

The Council will constantly oversee its members and make sure that the code of conduct is strictly followed. Any discrepancies detected following this code within a member will be personally handled by council members with punishment leading to exile, depending on the severity of the broken conduct rule.
d2ZVDeI.png

123976506_falklandsgroup-1_1-fotor-20230722211223.png

c. Romania, 2023
T H E F I V E P R I N C I P L E S
(5P)

#1: We are EXPENDABLE

The survival of mankind and the resistance as a whole should come before our own lives. We are always expected to sacrifice ourselves for the greater good. While human-wave tactics are out of the question, we should put our lives on the line in order to accomplish feats no one else will to ensure the success of the resistance’s operations against the Combine.

#2: We are NOT DISPOSABLE

ΛTLAS greatly values the lives of those who fight under its banner, and will always try its best to preserve them unless extremely dire circumstances are imminent.

#3: We are MORTAL

We are not supersoldiers. Think carefully about any move you make against your enemy. Although mistakes are expected, you should learn to capitalize on them in order to avoid repeating them in the future. This is crucial, as it will affect your field survivability.

#4: KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

Information regarding The Combine and the tactical movements of Overwatch is of great value, even holding greater stance than the usage of weapons itself. ATLAS fighters are expected to not keep such information to themselves and share it with their fellow resistance soldiers, in and out of the ATLAS cell. If presented in a near-death situation, discreetly inscribe the information for others to learn.

#5: ACCEPTANCE

We live in a world filled with many possibilities and unexplored phenomena. If you happen to encounter any strange anomaly, whether it’s a Combine synth or any unidentified entity, you are expected to embrace the ignorance of acknowledging said entity, and to act fast by either disposing of the anomaly or evading it whole.

Last edited:

Anti-tankspy

Nucleus
Nebulae
20230722210615_1_1.jpg

A sheltered, oddly bulletproofed bar sits at the foot of the dam. Not a single trail of dust seems to have had the time yet to coat it, the former occupants of the makeshift bunker seem to have been taking good care of it; even the bar's stand, stools and storage area seem to be perfectly intact.

The building remains in pristine shape; nothing in particular was trashed nor destroyed on the way out. Perhaps the occupants were leaving on a short notice and had no time, or perhaps they've decided to leave it as it is to represent a generous donation to whoever finds the building.

Who knows? Whoever finds it, they found themselves a free, bulletproof shelter. Whoever makes their way inside finds a picture pinned to the wall.

umohtqR.png

Last edited:
Reactions: List