С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р. Thread

Nicrobe

Lord of Ineptitude
Nebulae
Just felt like I needed to round up the people in this community I can speak about STALKER with

59649842E206587EC170DFC3F774D19E6FA98967

Reactions: List

Nicrobe

Lord of Ineptitude
Nebulae
0a9b7c671326d34718e162f53df6b620.jpg

filme > vidya

i also like the vidya tho so no flame thanks

I'm actually seeking to find Strugatsky's "Stalker", which the entire franchise is based on. Wish I knew beforehand if it'd be good or not though

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
SEVA suit > all the other suits (at least before they nerfed the shit out of it in Clear sky and Pripyat çnç)

p.s. ayy have you found Gordon Freeman in SOC?

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
as someone who never bought into the stalker franchise and evidently there are people here that like it a lot

can someone explain to me what all the rave around it is

aperson

Molecule
Nebulae
as someone who never bought into the stalker franchise and evidently there are people here that like it a lot

for me personally the atmosphere and the universe/lore around it is what I love about it, I would say don't go into the game thinking its gonna be like fallout or something, you will get smacked by the Zone and the people in it. The game really doesn't hold your hand.

Basically imagine the birds is Stalker and the rest of the animals are games like Fallout and Metro
8446dbf020fcfa275329454455354a01.jpg

FieldersNL

heck
Nebulae

The dark atmosphere, takes place in a dark, historical location, pure Ukranian/Russian stalkers, the story of Stalker and etc.

Nicrobe

Lord of Ineptitude
Nebulae
Combat as well.
Not sure why most dislike it but I can play vanilla happily for years

I like vanilla combat, but after a while it started feeling way too easy (Once you learn the game and get more experience, it all just astronomically decreases in difficulty). It's still fun, but I decided to be a masochist and installed MISERY

Just 20 minutes ago I sighed hard enough to spew snot when I was noticed and one-shot killed by a group of bandits 150-200 meters away from me at night while I'm crouched in a ghillie suit

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
I like vanilla combat, but after a while it started feeling way too easy (Once you learn the game and get more experience, it all just astronomically decreases in difficulty). It's still fun, but I decided to be a masochist and installed MISERY

Just 20 minutes ago I sighed hard enough to spew snot when I was noticed and one-shot killed by a group of bandits 150-200 meters away from me at night while I'm crouched in a ghillie suit
was playing a lot of call of chernobyl a while ago with some mods (ai improvements, arsenal overhaul, ect) and on ironman. that is far more interesting since you cannot save scum yourself to a high level and the early game is fucking brutal where any death deletes your savegame

surra

Molecule
Nebulae
was playing a lot of call of chernobyl a while ago with some mods (ai improvements, arsenal overhaul, ect) and on ironman. that is far more interesting since you cannot save scum yourself to a high level and the early game is fucking brutal where any death deletes your savegame
send the mods over