150th Initiation by Fire | Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Feedback Section' started by Uranio, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Uranio

Uranio Atom
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Merlinsclaw

Merlinsclaw Local Corrupt Roleplayer
    Premium Member

Nebulae:

tfw when you go in with 15 conscripts and come out with 6
    [​IMG]

3. Numbers

Numbers ok

Nebulae:
    ping ling

4. nexus

nexus barbecue chips aint shit

Nebulae:
    squad leader oliver thompson spotting some vietnamese cunt in a corner before gunning him down

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
  6. nexus

Nebulae:
    serious feedback: a lot of your event helpers played it like an s2k arena, headglitching, crouchglitching, cornerglitching. The way @Ond got done was straight retarded. Some dude crouchfucking in thirdperson while the gamer was trying at some ptsd roleplay. If your current helpers can't behave, get new ones. Really disappointed in
    whichever one of you it was

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. papacopper

papacopper Nucleus

Nebulae:
    War is heck

[​IMG]

8. Smiley

Smiley Hollow Knight
    HL2 RP Operator

Nebulae:
    Where abouts was the crouchglitching thing? It might've been me but nothing was intentional. I was in a watchtower and when you pushed up I opened fire. Didn't see anyone roleplaying at the time and I only fired at the ones running so idk :(

9. nexus

Nebulae:
    no one was roleplaying their combat, it was just sit under a sandbag in third person, peek up when someone goes in doorway and fire, no covering fire, no roleplay, nothing. If you're going to run an s2k event, at least try and make an effort.

and yeah tower guy did the exact same thing so shame on you, you played it like an s2k arena and it was extremely gay, in fact I reckon most of you did the exact same thing.

cs go ninjas before the crouch patch be like

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Smiley

Smiley Hollow Knight
    HL2 RP Operator

Nebulae:
    Nah wasn't me then. I was sat in a watchtower the whole time and when I fired I stood up fully and only crouched again to reload or when loads of people were firing. I gave ample opportunity for me to die and even though I had full opportunity to kill I think 3 of you who were facing polar opposite to where I was I didn't take it and instead just dealt some damage. I tried my best to not just kill people and allow you some opportunity to move forward or utilise your medics.

11. Numbers

Numbers ok

Nebulae:
    i only crouched to sneak around or hide behind a wooden wall. crouchspamming is too hard for me

12. Ond

Ond Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:

[​IMG]
    I thought i'd for once sign up as a player for an event. All seemed well in the beginning outside of the slow start, but alas we quickly got to the "boat section" before the actual deployment.

The intermission on the boat had much to be desired. It had a generic fight between two characters, and a mad rush for scripts when the quarter master announced (out of the blue) that he suddenly had one extra shotgun in reserve, which caused all rp to cease as it created a mad dash for said weapon.

It didn't feel like you would miss much outside of getting a weapon if you didn't show up for the ship section. That's mostly considering none of us had the slightest clue what was going on at any time as the radioman and sql. were the only people who could hear what was being said on the radio.

Go here, shoot these fools, go into that room, go back out, go to this area and get shot at

There was no rhyme or reason as to what we were doing and why we were doing it. Not only that, but upon taking the bunker (which we still had no idea why we were taking and lost a lot of players doing) we were told we would be supplied with ammo and kevlar which apparently was abundant within the bunker

I recieved a singular box of ammo and no kevlar

We then quickly had to leave to attack some other base that apparently was held by people who we had no idea were there in the beginning.

To do this we call in a bombing run, but for some reason the helicopter performing said bombing run stayed right above the base and willingly absorbed RPGs that were being shot at it. This was apparently because we were supposed to "support it".

We weren't told we were supposed to do this, nor did we expect it to hover right above a guy with an RPG and accept 4 hits in a row as aircraft typically gtfos after a bombing run

It didn't seem like abandoning the mission was an option, nor was any player creativity. We were forced to enter both the bunker and the camp through linear corridors which were filled to the brim with props while getting S2K'd to fuck by people who seemingly had no intention of letting players enjoy just over an hour of the actual event

I thought there would be at least some setting up of who we were fighting, why we were fighting them and a bunch of other backstory. I would much have preferred wandering the jungle on patrol for the entire event, only catching mere glimpses of who we were hunting for them to disappear back into the night.

Nobody cared why they were fighting, evidently the event helpers didn't either as they had funny meme character names and shouted the generic "GO HOME G.I" "FUCK YOU G.I" shtick.

Telling is more, showing is less. S2K fights are never entertaining, especially when one side is clearly set up to lose so much as we did.

I personally accepted that the event would contain S2K, and went with it. But I thought it wasn't going to be 99% of the event that was S2K.

The only RP we actually had time for was on the boat, in the dropship and the 10 minutes following our landing in the jungle. Which leaves much to be desired.

I hope the others enjoyed themselves, because I sadly didn't

• Agree Agree x 8
  13. Merlinsclaw

Merlinsclaw Local Corrupt Roleplayer
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I had fun. I'll look forward to part 2.

14. Mic15000

Mic15000 The Underdog

Nebulae:
    Hey my man, I do appreaciate the feedback no hard feelings ;P

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. shit

shit Proton

Nebulae:
    Unlike we were promised, most of the event was filled with S2K. The only times it wasn't, was when we had small pockets of time to actually refresh out minds and slightly interact with the enviorment. But after that, it was back to shooting, running around mines, and what not. It didn't help much that, as previously said by someone in the comments, characters yelled out memey things during engagements instead of actually making lines such as "You fuckers invaded our homeland", or something that could screw with the mentality of the characters present. it felt like an S2K only event, which it kind of was. I don't think these events should majorly be continued with just s2k, because alot of the players sadly have barely any experience, due to how little S2K is used on the main server, atleast for the majority that wasn't part of some S2K focus faction.

Ofcourse, it was fun at some points- I had fun tossing grenades, but it got boring as the opposing side was mean't to just die. The point I died really caught me off guard- Instead of seeing the event characters loosely shoot around like previously, they killed me off quite quickly. The point we injected trough wasn't really good either, since I got stuck in a certain spot and died mostly thanks to it. I think the events should be alot more balanced in how hard they are- if it's mainly S2K, don't make it too easy and then ramp it up to high difficulty, because it just pushes people off guard completely.

Overall it was fun, but the end section kind of lost it's charm after we were judged on why we weren't autonomous enough with fighting the enemies, even tho we were brainwashed into not ramboing before the event, which kind of played into why we didn't charge forward at certain points.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Ond

Ond Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    There is a reason why 99% of the successful events consisted of S2RP and RP only, I can only urge you to consider it for the next event

• Agree Agree x 8
  17. Dingus

Dingus Atom

Nebulae:
    Did anyone record it? :0

18. locutus of borg

locutus of borg Electron

Nebulae:
    I liked it, but I’d prefer a more stealthy approach rather than “go here shoot them leave”. Like crawling through and sniping, not charging with a squad of 8

19. shit

shit Proton

Nebulae:
    Yeah, uploading 4 recordings, aroudn a span of nearly an hour

The first part is up, but it's shitty quality for now

20. Dingus

Dingus Atom

Nebulae:
    Thanks mate ily

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice