1984: the movie: the squeakquel

Garlic slut

Quark
Nebulae
I watched 1984 the other night. It's quite faithful to the book and is an artistic masterpiece in its own right. It is masterfully shot and has a fantastic soundtrack done by eurythmics. Although I found it's usage of nudity in those parts of the story to be less than "artistic" and I ended up skipping most of them unless it was the one where there was actual dialogue. But on another note the fact that eurythmics did the soundtrack is actually very fascinating as one could go the whole movie and not realize the role they played in making the soundtrack as it sounds very unlike them at points yet it sounds very uniform at other points. Now circling back to my point about the cinematography, frankly my initial statement sells it a bit short as the cinematography is truly what makes this movie a masterclass film. From the beautiful 35 mm format to the astounding camerawork the film looks like a painting. The shots are well thought out and the staging makes you feel the atmosphere that is created. One final point I would like to make is the perfect choice of casting. John Hurt perfectly plays the role of Winston and perfectly captures the melancholy but rebellious attitude of Winston. I would go on about the rest of the characters and cast but Id rather not bore you to death any more than I already have. I am currently stoned out of my mind as I am writing this.
TL;DR Watch the 1984 movie adaptation, its very good
also its free on amazon prime

Reactions: List