Denied 77 East & Martyr ban request

Discussion in 'Ban Requests' started by PilotBland, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. '77 East

'77 East `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    Because he wants me in shit, obviously. He's been at me for months giving me the same stink-eye whenever I've seen him, and if he denies it then it only proves it further, as seen here:

Apparently I can't walk into the only open bar and act like my character is without offending the roleplay police and driving them to create witchhunts.

I can name all my characters on Helix and none of them were created to poke people or stir up some kind of PK streak.

Let's be honest here - you're right about the rules, yeah. I fucked up there, but shouting shit like:

- that is unrelated to 'breaking rules' renders your own point null, you're rehashing old shit for the sake of ticking off a scoreboard and going "SEE? PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE, BAN PLZ". As for the quotes themselves, if you're going to list off 'metagaming' you might want to mention to the Ban Request management that you were involved sending ME the information at the time (RE: Bateman's assassination and Wash's murder - and if you think me sending answers from Tzula to Martyr regarding PK rules is 'metagaming' then I'm shocked.), and I've never committed random deathmatching. You yourself have some gall to say that I've never changed considering how you continue to flip-flop to justify whatever you currently seem to be pandering to.

Why can I say that? Because of this right here:

You're doing this to bash me and drag me down because of your own personal allusions, desperately justifying action based on inadequacies and "LOL HE WANTED TO BAIT ME TO PK ME LOL HE'S EAST HE DOES THIS LOL REMEMBER HIS CRIMES I DO". If someone else had done exactly what I did in this situation, you wouldn't have made this request at all - as you feature right in your flamebait-styled posts such as this one.

If anyone else was up on that rooftop and then came in, and acted like a whacked-out moron, you wouldn't have battered an eyelid.
    You wouldn't have walked out either.

So, the very people who marked me for death, marked other associates for death, authorized a sham article that smeared my character's name, and help run a global genocidal regime don't deserve to die according to certain perspectives and it's just East being a pk-hungry fuck? Stop the presses! It's reliable because apparantly it's a 'common trend'!

I fail to see how two particular deaths that came late-game in CW represent a trend, nor DJ's (well-deserved) death. If it's about Misha, her 'death' - or rather, the rationale for said death came at the back of said sham article, Martyr, Rhythm and Jamal's testimonies.

Says the person spouting ad hominems against me and trying to derail this into a "me against him" thread when as with @MedicManTom's testimony, you sideskip it and continue to go "HE DID X X AND X BEFORE BAD MAN".

If it wasn't you it was someone else dressed in one of the non-bluesuit outfits, I only glimpsed them for a second as I kept progressing. I heard the yelling from quite a bit away, though.

Right after all the yelling outside, if you want a screenshot of their presence I can give it.

Considering how you flipped out on @Martyr the last time he was in your bar I wasn't in a rush to run in and proceed to have five characters yell at me, so I sat outside and listened to what I could regarding Rhythm's involvement, I didn't give a toss about the chokehold despite you flat-out admitting to it in public. Spent half the time alt-tabbed working on @Slim's request instead of watching you and the cohort ramble on about turkeys, only to come back after Dan and (Killstar?) decided to talk to me.

The only distinct interaction I remember involving you was the Bateman assassination and Wash being shot, and in both of those cases you went along with everything and distinctly gave me information straight up that I didn't ask for. If that means my intent is to gain information to kill you over, it's both ironic considering those circumstances and poetic because I didn't want to fuck with you, as I made myself clear by making an absolute mess of myself on the bar.

You could have thrown me out or spilled water or done something, but you left.

My intent on being on a roleplay server is to roleplay, and coming from the person who again stated "Let everyone roleplay as who they want"; the irony is laudable. I kill people for reasons; I talked to Martyr because he wanted to kill you and wanted clarification - that doesn't mean you have the right to shun me, act like an asshole and go "BAD MAN BAN" while brushing off actual testimony in exchange for "OMG HE'S IN THE SAME ROOM HE MUST BE BAITING". Had Rossi's been open, I wouldn't have walked through the door.

If that's the case, why lambast me for being AFK?

Contrary to your beliefs, I don't spend every waking minute walking around trying to become the King of Corpse Mountain, as I said before I was there given Rhythm's desire to linger around the scene, especially given her earlier encounter between Mark and myself in the warehouse.

Once again, more unsubstantiated bullshit. I heard the argument, your own admittance and I heard the rationale, yet I didn't take any action at all after you yourself confirmed you had decided to choke out someone who was important because of cell activities - which would have been hindered if you had actually harmed her.

Hell, if I wanted to I could have kneecap you without repercussion or assaulted you in kind; I did neither and simply started drinking.

Since when was I charged with random deathmatching? Plus, if we're going there:

You're the last person to make such an ad hominem for no sake other than to keep rubbing shit in.

So relaying the rules regarding killing a certain character is metagame? Someone better ban the staff team for the mere crime of doing their jobs.

Five meters from the door, actually. That's not really far, I could have hopped down and walked in instead of taking the long way if I wanted to barge my way through.

2. PilotBland

PilotBland community antagonizer
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    you really are a slog to argue with, I've made my points and if it wasn't clear I don't have any issues with whoever manages this section to ask.

We're not doing this back and forth East.

fuck I just woke up and I already feel tired reading your shit and your references to fallacies to make you feel like a more verbose dumb dumb.

I'll wait till the proper parties ask anything, not replying till then.

3. Nyanpasu

Nyanpasu Official Pepper Alt.
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I am going to make this clear after reading about my 'involvement' in the situation. OOCly I knew there was a hit out on me and ICly I became aware of it when citizens began to run around shouting my name.

The attack with the handgun on the woman who was not me has been debated. I still have something to add about it. What I find issue with in this situation is the negligence and lack of clear transparent information on the part of the attacker.

First of all, the attack was done in a rule-bending manner intended to create the highest possible chance of escape via OOC variables (CP amount, /mec, no gunshot). I was in no way PM'd at any given time information that I may have been sniped. Yes, one could say "It wasn't you" but in the attackers mind it was me. All this led to was confusion that disrupted my RP because I really had no idea the admin was speaking about.

Furthermore, I do not agree with the entire 'bang' dead mentality without an actual S2K elimination. Hypothetically, if it was me in question, it's really unfair that I would just be magically PK'd from being sniped via handgun (with no gunshot). Does anyone actually understand the challenge of accurately firing a handgun at range? The entire 'bang dead' mentality would only apply to a long-rifle of some sort. This attempt to get an admin to eliminate the hypothetical me (would have been awkward to be pk'd from the safety of the Terminal) from a /mec with no gunshot is a blatant attempt to prevent any form of survival.

In-conclusion, the attack was done in a manner to allow the attacker to get off free by withholding information from all parties involved and manipulating OOC variables. This is unfair and will be repeated in the future against other players.

That is all I have to say and I will not reply to this thread.

Edit: Before the argument is brought up on IC skill with aim with a handgun, I will state this. You are given limited ammunition and limited time to practice without alerting anyone. Ammo is valuable and rare in the current setting and cannot be expended on constant practice. It is unreasonable to believe someone will have trained enough to accurately eliminate a target from range with a handgun outside of luck. Bullets do not drop people instantly unless it hits portions responsible for cognitive control.

#43 Nyanpasu, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  4. '77 East

'77 East `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    How do you think I feel when I've been dragged up at 2AM to deal with this, over assumptions on your part and personal attacks?

Hit me with the /mec and unit clauses if you so desperately want, but waving the past around on a one-sided plate serves nothing.

You weren't PM'd because I was talking to staff members, and the entire situation was effectively resolved long before it became necessary to speak to you. /mec was a mistake given how the assumption was past rules were still being enforced about it the weapon, when I walked into RB6 with @Martyr the cop limit hadn't expired yet, and as the rules state, it's actually forbidden to tell the target the details of their death until after it has occurred.

No gunshot was due to for aforementioned reasons, in the future there will be a shot provided TFA doesn't skit out.

It was twenty meters, a pistol is viable at that range given the height discrepancy.

I was shooting at someone on the street who was 'confirmed' to be you, not yourself, who was cozy inside the Terminal offices. Big difference between the two.

Fail to see how I 'manpulated OOC variables from staff' by asking operators about the person on the street given I wasn't going to fire through glass the gun can't OOCly penetrate without getting some support regarding it. Why? Because then you end up with a reverse DJ-Badboy situation where "BUT HE ENGAGED S2K BUT THE BULLET DIDN'T KILL ME SO IT'S INVALID". And no, there won't be a repeat of this given there are alternative means to kill people, as today has shown.

I had eleven bullets, a clear LOS, a headshot was possible, and I aimed for the head within the confines of twenty meters with a height advantage. Pretty sure it's good enough.

5. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Lamb of Columbia
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    Locking. Will review when I'm home.

6. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Lamb of Columbia
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    Quite frankly, yes. You are liable for it. Takes literally 2 seconds to view scoreboard and if what I am being told is that eight minutes not a few seconds or moments passed when a TAG unit flagged off. It is your fault, if you didn't check scoreboard.

The city wouldn't be bullet proof, if anything, it'd be Combine structures e.g: Nexus windows. Not apartments or a faction area, unless it's majorly important/critical. A newspaper outlet isn't something that would need bulletproof windows.
    • *(Unless the target is unarmed and at a severe disadvantage, in which case - they should be allowed to respond or S2RP should be used)
    It isn't a rule rule per say, it's more of a common decent thing to do rather than /me lol pulls trigger, instant s2k dies. Obviously, this rule is very situational dependant in practicality and speaking from experience.

If literally nobody is around, nobody then sure as it'll stop people reading the /me then getting ready for someone with a weapon. If you're in a room by yourself, like a bathroom, there's not really any point doing /me's because you're the only person that can see it, but if you're literally right by the window at plaza which the Asian woman is looking towards your direction doing a /mec is really dumb. I'm fairly certain you'd notice someone standing by the window if the City is deserted and someone is pointing something towards your direction.

Doesn't really matter if it was done before or after, the TAG unit flagged off. You should've just ran off. It takes literally 2 seconds to check scoreboard to make sure you can actually do the hit. If it were in rebel/uncontrolled areas it wouldn't really matter but no Union. From what I have been told you didn't fire a shot (OOCly at least) but only ICly in a mec - only not firing because the window and firearms don't mix well.

Apart from all of these faults, there isn't really anything bannable from my POV. Just seems like a bunch of petty arguments that's blew out of proportion. I'd suggest you two settle your differences on your own accord, no rules apart from minor faults here and there and petty disputes involved. Request denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice