Serious 95% of landlords are fucking scumbags

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by HBaguette, Mar 19, 2020.

1. HBaguette

HBaguette bitchmade
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

change my mind

• Agree Agree x 36
  2. Sayaro

Sayaro Quark

Nebulae:
    They always have been, rats with human faces, with a priority of money over man.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Mesa

Mesa Molecule

Nebulae:
    the government banned all evictions for the timebeing afaik

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Angel

Angel she/her/they nonbinary transfem

Nebulae:
    i guess they should just let people live for free in their house during normal times, making them rats

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  5. Sayaro

Sayaro Quark

Nebulae:
    That wasn't the point, just that at a time of global health crisis, to threaten to throw families out DURING the crisis is to be a rat.
    If you add to this the conditions of the housing they sometimes offer, refusing, for example, to repair an elevator for an eight-storey building or often the boilers, while asking the same rent as if the housing were in good condition - the one that's "sold"-, they are showing unworthy behaviour.
    Nevertheless, tenants can just as easily be rats as landlords. One solution is to become an owner.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Angel

Nebulae:
    which is why a generalisation are stupid, which is the entire premise of this thread.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. Poopship McGee

Poopship McGee Old Stock Canadian
    Premium Member WW3 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    To be fair, tenants, as far as my family's experience, are mostly awful.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. char

char The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
    WW3 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    Begone commie.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
  9. Angel

Nebulae:
    There are some horrible fucking tenants

10. Poopship McGee

Nebulae:
    My sister's condo had to have two months rent worth of cleaning and carpet replacement from dog piss. They didn't return the keys, so she also had to change the lock. They refused to pay last month of rent. My sister sued her and took her car as payment. Some tenants are actual cockroaches.

My parent's other house, they made a gravel driveway right on the yard and kept their camper there, despite a massive backyard courtyard. Now it looks ugly as sin, and they tended to be behind on rent.

The tenant in this house is an alcoholic who falls behind on rent too, despite going through a 24pk of beer at least every weekend, but he helps my dad with fixing up cars and he's a plumber so he's useful when needed.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. bubblegum

bubblegum um main
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]
    Merged:
    Housing should be a human right. Charging so much money for people to live on your property made for living isn't the same as tenants being bad.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Sayaro

Sayaro Quark

Nebulae:
    In many countries it is a universal right. However, it is the economic context that makes it not so. One solution - which I see as a double-edged sword - would be government investment in low-rent housing. A kind of nationalisation of low-cost properties. But then again, state intervention in many eco-socio areas leads to an economic bust for the state most of the time.

And afterwards, the question of inheritance is quite different, it just needs to be regulated. But there's nothing wrong with making money from an inherited asset.

13. Poopship McGee

Nebulae:
    Humans should have the right to purchase land, yes. Humans should not have the right to force others to give them habitation in their property for less than what they want.

These types of housing are typically tied to people living off welfare and cripples them in a way that makes any attempt to escape poverty futile. Even if they find employment that pays more than welfare, there is a certain threshold that if they pass, they can no longer live/rent low-incoming housing which has artificially reduced the bracket to rent, so then they become just as poor as they were getting less. If they get a better job that would give them more disposible income if they stay in the low-income housing, they're fucked over because they have to pay more in rent by getting a market-valued rental which demotivates people from working harder.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Matty

Matty Proton

Nebulae:
  15. Angel

Nebulae:
    I'll charge however much I want for people to live in MY house
    the fuck are you talking about

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Goatson

Goatson Guardian

Nebulae:
    fucken commies

17. Larry Gibbons

Nebulae:
    As long as there is man, there is greed. As long as there is society, there will be inequality.

As a Catholic, I am bound to almsgiving. But additionally in Matthew 20:15, Jesus expresses that those who are envious of others should not want more, rather work harder and earn more. If I was a landlord, I would be fair in these times of hardship and I personally would delay the payment of rent until times got better. But I also would defend the right of any other landowner to do as they please with their property.

No one is entitled to remain on my property, regardless of the current socioeconomic situation in the world. In Michigan, we have government sponsored low-cost housing for those in need and people do use it, even in times when they don't need to.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. SpinE

SpinE All toasters toast toast.

Nebulae:
    I need my dosage of communism boys, bring it out

19. Goatson

Goatson Guardian

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 16
  20. SpinE

SpinE All toasters toast toast.

Nebulae:
    We need populism

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice