A Breath of Fresh Air.

Discussion in 'Feedback Section' started by Antloin, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Antloin

Antloin Molecule

Nebulae:
    .// ​

#1 Antloin, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ChronosPLAYA

ChronosPLAYA Professional retard

Nebulae:
    it was aight

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Zachary

Zachary why my dick hard
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Zachary's nitpicking to help Sainton on his events:

- Story had no sway for us whatsoever, I didn't have a clue what was going on half of the time and the only development I got from that was me healing Giver and sitting on a rock with Slatki and Chronos.
    - For sure next time, make the players feel a bit more involved, don't force a guide into it. I think part of the reason there was no development is because there was a lack of things to explore, everything was 'icly picked clean' aka you didn't set it up. I saw you were on all morning trying to set that up, so maybe next time do it a day before.
    - S2K is never really that fun, especially with the limited ammo capacity in Helix. It's not as intense anymore.
    - Whole lot of risk, zero reward. I would've been fine with this if there was some development.

Overview:
    Was a step back from Discovery, really was. I'd say just improve on the stuff above and write more of a story than 'negotiating to get a port', and you'd have a good event.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. ChronosPLAYA

ChronosPLAYA Professional retard

Nebulae:
    still confused on the whole we had to give back the weapons even though we got the harbor situation

5. SaintonDrugs

SaintonDrugs Nucleus

Nebulae:
    Oh, okay. I was going to wait to post the feedback thread on my own tomorrow but this will do.

You were never going to keep the weapons, they were more-so sort of a balance to the fact as that I wasn't allowed to give out any guns to keep due to event restrictions. Didn't work out the way I'd expected.

I do appreciate the constructive feedback and there was a bit more to the story.

Perhaps it was my fault for not getting it across but I'm not sure what there wasn't to understand. I explained everything as best I could IC and OOC and at least to me it was pretty simple.

I said that due to war between City 8 and City 13, we needed a supply route to bring in our own weapons which were based in Mainland Asia. However, City 8 and 13 were already warring over any harbors except one particular one. Three different rebel factions were vying for the port so they could access them for trade and a decent livelihood, even going to war for it. This event takes place in the middle of the war, where you were intended to speak with each of the faction leaders and then pick which one to side with. Which would influence future events of the server depending on which faction you joined with. To be fair, you went in the the attitude that you didn't care at all about the people on the coast and that was something this event was pretty much riding on. It depended on the idea that you'd take into account all of these different faction's backstories and what their people wanted and who you would support despite each of their weaknesses and strengths. It was really meant to be a broad, bigger picture type of story.

As for setting up, I tried setting up as soon as I could but @Blackquill was busy and couldn't set up the server and content for me until time was already short and I didn't want to delay the event an hour, not to mention it'd of been a bit of a hassle since I would need an SA to spawn scripts, none of whom were present during the actual event for room of improvisation. On top of that @Antloin blew up the armory somehow that had a bit of stuff in it cause he triggered the SLAM mine and then proceeded to get himself killed 3 times over as an event character.

As for the S2K, admittedly that was my fault. It was never really meant to be S2K which I take complete responsibility for. Truthfully it was meant to be S2RP but it got complicated so I ended up just rolling with it which was a bad choice.

As for the making you guys involved, I could see that during the event. In hindsight it wasn't a good idea for me to both run the event and be the guide at the same time. The whole negotiations portion was intended for everyone to partake in and then as a team come together with a battle plan like waiting at night or some other creative strategy. The whole event was intended to be open towards you guys and really for your creativity but I didn't do a good job on my end.

Overall, I do see my mistakes in this event and hope you do forgive it's poor quality. There were a multitude of reasons as to why it didn't work out most of which were my own fault. The story was there, I just did a poor job of conveying it so it became more of a mindless shootout. Next part if it comes around will try to mend this, to those who participated and/or assisted, I thank you for baring with me. The next one will be a lot more drawn in towards the characters and consequences with such and I'll see about making it more worthwhile and take a step back.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Antloin

Antloin Molecule

Nebulae:
    Hey, I didnt blow up everything in the armory, there was a suitcase on the table and I decided to pick it up, then there was a SLAM mine behind the suitcase and it just blew me up, the suitcase had nothing in it, on which case you had said in /op that it was intended to be like that, before picking up the case, I had searched the entire house for anything and anyone else and decided to take the suitcase and say it to the players.

Then when we got to the coast tower, we opened the door and I moved in first, on which case I was gunned down by simple three shots in the chest, and before that, I got a headshot on me as well.

In my opinion, its bad that there's literally a SLAM mine behind the suitcase with nothing in it anyway, during such times that there are barely any guns, I think a laser and remote SLAM detonators would be very damn rare, in Tokyo, in hands of a small resistance faction in a small coast. Developed characters did not deserve to die by the mine, at least in my opinion, because there was no way for them to determine, whether or not there was a danger, and no way for them to survive the strong blast.

#6 Antloin, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  7. Jeffreyyyyy

Jeffreyyyyy Nucleus

Nebulae:
    i infact loved your event, but you do need to work on it. as I said before, I am wanting to work with yyou in making events, i'd love to

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SaintonDrugs

SaintonDrugs Nucleus

Nebulae:
    Yeah but like, as an event character, you really shouldn't be touching scripts in general. It wouldn't have mattered if that suitcase was a reinforced trenchcoat suit, it was intended to blow up. And you really can't tell if anything is inside and a glance and it's not as if they'd be able to take it because the suitcase would blow up even if it was worth the risk for it. Also, it's not as if I rigged the entire map with SLAMs, I give a single mine to what was the strongest faction at war. Not being able to determine danger is kind of the point.

And running in suicidal as the first person alone without backup or any regard for FearRP isn't at all acceptable. You were alone at the top of the warehouse while everyone else was literally at the bottom still fighting @Nexus .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice