'A Crack in the Wall' feedback

Discussion in 'Feedback Section' started by Yurrie, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Yurrie

Yurrie Molecule
    HL2 RP Administrator Media Developer

Nebulae:
    can't tag all the cops but there were a lot
    gigantic thanks to @Leather Clad Lad for helping and playing the squid and do the staff team for helping

tell me what you thought of the event! : D
    sorry for the constant "the"s, the /localevent command is a little shitty, it was my first time and i cant get the hang of it.

[An American Civil Protection officer,...] says on radio: "<:: // ngl this is a bit cringe. ::>"

• nebulous nebulous x 5
  2. Tyrone

Tyrone DreadPirateRoberts approved
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I enjoyed helping but it was incredibly hard keeping track with actions when there were that many cops present. Perhaps a more secluded event for practice? Smaller scale, smaller adversary.

The concept was nice but honestly, it wasn't perfect. It was better than the usual stuff we do on the daily though, which we should all appreciate from Yurrie

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  3. Thood74

Thood74 Nucleus
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Event rundown?

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  4. Tyrone

Nebulae:
    8 foot tall alpha bullsquid shits on cops, dies to an APC

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  5. Yurrie

Yurrie Molecule

Nebulae:
    massive mutated bullsquid breaks through metropol basement, fucks with cops, fucks with APC, breaks walls and causes trouble

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  6. Verräterpackaging

Verräterpackaging Happy dude from around the clinic! :D

Nebulae:
    I had fun! :smiley: And we all had something to do :smiley: <3

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  7. TommyGman0100

Nebulae:
    I'm gonna have to be really blunt. This is getting really, really, really overdone now.

I've been a very active Dispatcher / Rebel over the last week or so, and I think every single day now there has been at the very, very least two or more events where an enlarged Zombie, Antlion, Bullsquid or Mutant attacks the City or Trident, I shudder to think about the ones in the sewers I might not be present for.

There is always a catch to these, the creature in question is always completely and utterly, inexplicably immune to bullets, shooting at it does nothing except make it very very angry and if it's an entire PT unloading magazines of MP7 rounds into it the creature is 'staggered' but not stopped. Fire is sometimes a good tactic, however other times it simply does sweet FA. Explosives can't be used because of proximity, these events are rarely done in open spaces or are far too close to vital infrastructure to be effective.

And then there is the quirky trait of the mutant, I've seen some completely and utterly made of metal, some with loudspeakers for heads, others with huge tentacles or the ability to speak English, to have an incredible intellect, target prioritisation, and common amongst all of them is a complete an utter refusal to die usually unless some higher power steps in and suddenly all the bullets that have been shot at the thing take effect when two cops have died.

This is getting really old, it was fun at first but now it feels like the entire district has suddenly been overcome with more mutants and alien creatures than there are in xen itself, this has bordered into the paranormal and the supernatural now and I genuinely will be surprised if all of these events have gone about getting auths in a proper manner, if so I really think there needs to be some kind of reform to how this process happens. This feels like some Frundtech shit.

Cops do not enjoy shooting at something for minutes straight, throwing molotovs, grenades and firing an APC cannon at a bigger version of something than usual with a paranormal twist whilst they then get powergamed in a following /me or /localevent. Really, I've had so many cops come to me now as their Dispatcher with PMs or Steam messages asking if they can just S2K the thing and be done with it.

Bullet resistant, fire resistant, explosive resistant and telepathic humps of flesh are not engaging nor very creative, but it feels like all City RP and Trident has got in the last few weeks outside of some ideas much much larger in scope and far better executed.

• nebulous nebulous x 14
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    I'm not saying I don't applaud the effort but its very easy to see this going south very quickly.

Plus you can do a lot of cool shit with regular creatures that aren't roided up death machines.

• nebulous nebulous x 5
  9. Yurrie

Yurrie Molecule

Nebulae:
    i actually made this before leather clad did his event series
    then i revised it and it took a while for the event to actually happen

: D guess i was too late to the punch : D

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  10. Tyrone

Nebulae:
    I'm trying my best to at least make interactions different and to break the current repetitiveness we've bogged down into for a bit now. I won't do it again, the mutant shtick I mean.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  11. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    Hey, I hope you don't get discouraged dude - its always good when people do events, and they're never easy to pull off. But it may be good to consider what other events happen surrounding yours, yeah?

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  12. Tyrone

Nebulae:
    What I did wasn't an event, not even a mini-event. I'm not with the event team, just a dude with a zombie whitelist and having been given the ability to change it up a little by other parties.

I don't think Yurrie knew at all. The event was good but the concept was apparently stale.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  13. Yurrie

Yurrie Molecule

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]
    thank you all for the feedback so far, i promise the next one'll be better and not stale
    (( and not late to the punch : D ))

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  14. bigdaddyboy413

bigdaddyboy413 Electron

Nebulae:
    the official lore behind the crack in the wall was someone getting pk'ed and massacring their drywall

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice