Serious A decade of WW3RP

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
I've posted a similar thread before, but thought I'd rewrite and update it for the 10 year anniversary of WW3RP. A picture says a thousand words, and fortunately Steam implemented a screenshot function about a decade ago, which significantly helped the process of researching the history of the gamemode. There's been countless stories through that period, but here's a brief summary of that timeline.
-

lfiQCqH.jpeg
BrawlernThisguy
In an interview with Brawler he recalled the time he ran a Clone Wars RP server, but "wanted a server that was a smash hit." So the idea was a military roleplay server where a globalist (world government) clashed with a coalition of independant nations. First run as part of an April Fool's joke in 2011 alongside a "High School Roleplay" gamemode, the structure for WW3RP wasn't ready at the time, so it was later in the year that it launched properly.
-

RBREeVv.jpeg
Pulsor Gaming
Not strictly WW3RP, but similar enough to earn a mention. The Intergalactic Warfare Roleplay gamemode had WW3RP veterans, and saw a future Globalist faction using spaceships to hunt the Forlorn Republic rebels across different planets. It ran from 2012 to 2013, with a disparity in technology between the main factions being a feature of the lore.
-

UbgYuFy.jpg
LemonPunch
In late 2014 WW3RP came back with great levels of immersion under LemonPunch. It re-used the concept of a war between the Unified Globalist Agenda and the United Coalition of Nations, attracting all sorts of players, and the gamemode survived being split when LemonPunch fractured into nebulous (and a smaller chunk called After Flash).
-​

961hHdk.jpeg
After Flash
Lasting only a couple of weeks, while this attempt didn't stick, I think it remains noteworthy out of respect for the efforts invested. Initially the lore was set in 1946 with the United Allied Forces against the People's Liberation Front, and also hosted a Vietnam era lore in its brief run.
-​

bqclT4x.jpg
nebulous
Essentially carrying on the LemonPunch server until March 2018, it certainly mirrored LemonPunch by starting with the Globalist / Coalition format before changing to the Soviet Union against NATO, and also lasted about 2 years. The culture of the gamemode had evolved from that initial BnT server that sometimes used Globalist and Coalition NPCs for PVE events, to a different lore and more intense team-deathmatch gameplay.
-​

TkzecNG.jpg
BlueCastle Network
There was a modest run under BlueCastle next, with the lore used involving the Moscow-Beijing Concordat being at war with the Global Security Alliance. This ran from July 2018 until October 2018, and no matter how much the gamemode changed, or what problems it faced, somehow it kept coming back.
-​

Bf2YFgn.jpeg
nebulous
Stasiland launched in March 2020 after a period of development, which dropped a main faction, but fleshed out roleplay for local civilians. WW3RP had matured over that decade, from a first chaotic day that didn't have training sessions, to a version where many of the characters had been realised before they even appeared on the server. It may have been a bumpy road, but many people had walked some part of it and came away with fond memories.

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
For me it all started sometime early 2013 when 14 y/o me felt like trying something more serious than dark rp. Joined a few servers till I found a small server called Lemonpunch and noticed they had a teamspeak

I then joined a channel with a few guys @Angel @swagile and some Swedish dude with a cryptic name
and down the roleplay rabbit hole I went.

Reactions: List