Serious A question for Digital Artists using drawing tablets

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I've always been generally curious in drawing. Having done some sketches here and there and personally would love to do more of this digitally. If I'd place myself in the (non-digital) spectrum of skill, I'd say between beginner and intermediate skill level.

Anyway, the question.

Personally I'm looking for a drawing tablet with preferably four preffered requirements:

1. Not crap
2. Mobile/Screen(/Not always requiring a computer to work)
3. Bang for buck/Budget (I dont like spending a lot of money on stuff I'm not 110% certain of enjoying/wanting it. On the other hand I am not afraid of spending a bit more to get a greater benefit)
4. Preferably not Apple-products

Personally I just have a bad image of Apple and their treatment of (Old) products so being able to avoid them would be helpful. I could get over this if there's a blatant (worthwhile) advantage to apple products.

I am personally not aware of what good 'Specs' are for stuff like this, hence I'm asking those who hopefully have experience.

So, what device would you suggest?

Deleted member 5501

The Civil Authority Grindset
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I have my Bamboo branded graphics tablet from University still. Its decent and affordable just Google bamboo graphics tablets

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
the wacom intuos (the professional standard) is only 70 quid if you're buying a small version
add an extra hundred for the medium

of course if you're like @Subeh and willing to spend half a grand on something and really invest yourself in it, the gold standard is a wacom intuos pro large for 450 pounds
https://estore.wacom.com/en-GB/wacom-intuos-pro-large-pth-860-s.html

Reactions: List