News A Red Letter Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
what on earth was used to create the dyson sphere and the portal to the overworld

someone help me solve this riddle

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
what on earth was used to create the dyson sphere and the portal to the overworld

someone help me solve this riddle
The portal was very likely already there - just unlike HL2, nothing stopped them opening it.

The Dyson Sphere was already in place, the earth just got dragged into it and it got sealed shut.

Reactions: List

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
The portal was very likely already there - just unlike HL2, nothing stopped them opening it.

The Dyson Sphere was already in place, the earth just got dragged into it and it got sealed shut.
nah, I don't mean how it was created from the combine, already aware of that

how was it done in Gmod, as I have no clue what addon or anything that it might be, as it can't be part of the map

Nov

Molecule
Nebulae

how was it done in Gmod, as I have no clue what addon or anything that it might be, as it can't be part of the map
not addon my friend, scripts.
loads of scripts.
and skybox witchcraft

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

Way back when it was done on Dark Skies (on a way smaller scale for a big map change event) an entire map edit had to be done to pull it off, so it goes to show how far stuff has come.

I know from behind-the-scenes peeks that this was activated via a command so it was probably just a bunch of scripts popping off and some well-timed Skybox edits (which can be done).

Reactions: List

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
@`impulse the mad lad showing off his wizardry powers
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.