Serious aaa help I can't see the server

Spock

Shows up every other month to read ban appeals
Nebulae
Right, so I tried to connect to the server just now, and I'm completely baffled. Some gmod servers register, such as the 1942RP server I was on and darkRP, but otherwise it won't register anything. I've tried rebooting my computer, both soft and hard, I've tried rebooting my router, I've tried to wait out the download for addons going on, but it refuses to work. I've used the troubleshooter on my computer, which is an alienware 15 R3 laptop, which for the most part has worked satisfactory (throw in obligatory "ha ha laptop nerd pc is better you fucking troglodyte and what kind if idiot buys a gaming computer you plebian). I've used the built in trouble shooter which said "look fam your computer's fine, it's the server that's down" which I know to be untrue. @Smallfries supplied me with the direct link, which I used the console to connect to, however I recieved an "error, connection failed after six tries." I'm really at wit's end, thanks to the fact I was connected to the server earlier today (shit I suppose yesterday) as I have whitelists, I'd like to get this resolved and am going to use the i n e x h a u s t i b l e s o u r c e o f k n o w l e d g e known as the nebulous tech support help forum

have screenies now, if they FUCKING WORK

http://prntscr.com/k35cy6

Update: Turns out select websites do not work. These include imgur, other image boards, another video game, spotify. These all have no correlation, so it's likely something random, versus an intentional thing. They were working earlier, however.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Nicrobe

Lord of Ineptitude
Nebulae
Right, so I tried to connect to the server just now, and I'm completely baffled. Some gmod servers register, such as the 1942RP server I was on and darkRP, but otherwise it won't register anything. I've tried rebooting my computer, both soft and hard, I've tried rebooting my router, I've tried to wait out the download for addons going on, but it refuses to work. I've used the troubleshooter on my computer, which is an alienware 15 R3 laptop, which for the most part has worked satisfactory (throw in obligatory "ha ha laptop nerd pc is better you fucking troglodyte and what kind if idiot buys a gaming computer you plebian). I've used the built in trouble shooter which said "look fam your computer's fine, it's the server that's down" which I know to be untrue. @Smallfries supplied me with the direct link, which I used the console to connect to, however I recieved an "error, connection failed after six tries." I'm really at wit's end, thanks to the fact I was connected to the server earlier today (shit I suppose yesterday) as I have whitelists, I'd like to get this resolved and am going to use the i n e x h a u s t i b l e s o u r c e o f k n o w l e d g e known as the nebulous tech support help forum

have screenies now, if they FUCKING WORK

http://prntscr.com/k35cy6

Update: Turns out select websites do not work. These include imgur, other image boards, another video game, spotify. These all have no correlation, so it's likely something random, versus an intentional thing. They were working earlier, however.

Try joining people in your friends list, who are already on the server. That's what I do, anyway.

If not, I can give you the IP which you can try and use to connect via console with

Spock

Nebulae
Try joining people in your friends list, who are already on the server. That's what I do, anyway.

If not, I can give you the IP which you can try and use to connect via console with
I already tried that, as shown in my original post.
@Smallfries supplied me with the direct link, which I used the console to connect to, however I recieved an "error, connection failed after six tries."

Nicrobe

Lord of Ineptitude
Nebulae
These include imgur, other image boards, another video game, spotify.

Sounds like your country mixed up its governments with mine. I have same issue with imgur, wikipedia, reddit etc. You might want to speak with your ISP, or fiddle around with your DNS settings.

Spock

Nebulae
Sounds like your country mixed up its governments with mine. I have same issue with imgur, wikipedia, reddit etc. You might want to speak with your ISP, or fiddle around with your DNS settings.
It's not my house, so I don't think I'll be able to speak with the ISP. I'm not entirely sure how to access the DNS, though it would be strange that it suddenly blocks somethings, but leaves others that are generally considered universally offensive. It was working earlier, and the only reason I made this was because I'm here for 3 more days and I'd like to be able to get on the server at least a few times.

UPDATE: Imgur is working now, but gmod is still a nope

Nicrobe

Lord of Ineptitude
Nebulae
It's not my house, so I don't think I'll be able to speak with the ISP. I'm not entirely sure how to access the DNS, though it would be strange that it suddenly blocks somethings, but leaves others that are generally considered universally offensive. It was working earlier, and the only reason I made this was because I'm here for 3 more days and I'd like to be able to get on the server at least a few times.

Open up your Wireless Network Connection Properties, in that list double click(Not uncheck) Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)

In there at the lower side, check the little box that says "Use the following DNS addresses". Then just google possible DNS adresses you can use to unblock stuff. Google DNS is the more common one, with "8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4" as the addresses, though you can try others if it doesn't work. After that just click OK and save it all, re-connect to your wi-fi.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
have you restarted your router at all since these issues started happening

the good old "turn it off and on" does work sometimes

Spock

Nebulae
have you restarted your router at all since these issues started happening

the good old "turn it off and on" does work sometimes
I've tried rebooting my router,
[doublepost=1530871814][/doublepost]
Open up your Wireless Network Connection Properties, in that list double click(Not uncheck) Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)

In there at the lower side, check the little box that says "Use the following DNS addresses". Then just google possible DNS adresses you can use to unblock stuff. Google DNS is the more common one, with "8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4" as the addresses, though you can try others if it doesn't work. After that just click OK and save it all, re-connect to your wi-fi.
I tried that and another one, it didn't seem to fix it, however.

It's not like it's being blocked, it's actually not loading, like I'm not connected to wifi. Obviously, I am, as I am posting actively here.
This is the error I am getting. Yes it's roblox, I didn't have any other good examples on hand
IkB2F3L.png

forgot imgur is banned in turkey

http://prntscr.com/k38u70

Last edited:

Spock

Nebulae
So I looked into it, and it turns out that a power outage earlier in the day had damaged the phone lines somehow, as when I went out to get breakfast I saw the ISP's service van. It basically resolved itself, fortunately.

Reactions: List