Xyz

afk
Nebulae
Specs:
CPU- Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5660 @ 2.80GHz
GPU- GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
RAM- 10GB

FPS: Lowest- 28 | Highest- 64

I've switched over to the Chromium x64 branch and not even that seems to help, have every graphics setting set to the lowest option with still no luck.

It fluctuates and stutters to the point walking towards any destination is just painful. I went in to stormfox and disabled every option available still having no success.

I want to be able to play this game with a somewhat stable fps but it seems to be practically impossible.

EDIT: I can play Hunt: Showdown with a stable fps of 60-70 so.... Im completely and utterly confused as to what the problem could possibly be.

Reactions: List

MaelRadecs

Best Damn ODST
Nebulae
Specs:
CPU- Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5660 @ 2.80GHz
GPU- GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
RAM- 10GB

FPS: Lowest- 28 | Highest- 64

I've switched over to the Chromium x64 branch and not even that seems to help, have every graphics setting set to the lowest option with still no luck.

It fluctuates and stutters to the point walking towards any destination is just painful. I went in to stormfox and disabled every option available still having no success.

I want to be able to play this game with a somewhat stable fps but it seems to be practically impossible.

EDIT: I can play Hunt: Showdown with a stable fps of 60-70 so.... Im completely and utterly confused as to what the problem could possibly be.
Dealt with this for awhile. I'm going to suggest a few things for you.

https://nebulous.cloud/threads/how-to-increase-your-ingame-fps.14653/

Use the commands in the post above in the autoexec file from your garrysmod folder, this'll help significantly. Also, I wouldn't use the lowest options for graphics, I've heard that setting them to higher settings will actually help due to certain models that are unable to be rendered in lower settings, but I could be wrong. One thing that helped me out as well was putting this in launch options: -dxlevel 95

Hope all of this helps, tell me how it goes. If it's still not working, maybe just stick with the lower settings and use those commands without setting the dxlevel.

Xyz

afk
Nebulae
Dealt with this for awhile. I'm going to suggest a few things for you.

https://nebulous.cloud/threads/how-to-increase-your-ingame-fps.14653/

Use the commands in the post above in the autoexec file from your garrysmod folder, this'll help significantly. Also, I wouldn't use the lowest options for graphics, I've heard that setting them to higher settings will actually help due to certain models that are unable to be rendered in lower settings, but I could be wrong. One thing that helped me out as well was putting this in launch options: -dxlevel 95

Hope all of this helps, tell me how it goes. If it's still not working, maybe just stick with the lower settings and use those commands without setting the dxlevel.
I've tried everything and it makes no difference. I still get framedrops down from 48 to 22 just walking places.

What boggles the hell out of me is that people with lower specs than mine somehow manage a higher and more stable fps, and I'm getting this low of an fps with only 38 people on the server.

Changing from highest to lowest graphics settings barely changes anything either. I am so completely and hellishly confused, Ive considered @'ing Alex but I don't think even he can save me from this hellscape jfc

EDIT: Also Im running the game and all its parts/mounts on an SSD as well

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
In the past I had trouble with addons when they introduced the new system - could be worth unsubscribing from everything, making sure there's nothing in your addons folder then resubscribe to the content pack.

D

Deleted member 1392

I'm running the same issues as this fella and if somebody could help me, I'd be grateful

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
What is your CPU and GPU usage when playing?

Use gpuz to determine if you are being throttled.

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
How can I see that and what is gpuz?

Open task manager, performance, and you can see the % usage of your components

GPU-Z is just a tool to get all your GPU details really in-depth.

I doubt this will help find the cause but I'm just explaining how.

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 1392

Open task manager, performance, and you can see the % usage of your components

GPU-Z is just a tool to get all your GPU details really in-depth.

I doubt this will help find the cause but I'm just explaining how.
It's odd because it's on 20-40%