(abuse) report on Sloth

Discussion in 'Abuse Reports' started by A_cRaZeD_hObO™, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Señor Jaggles

Señor Jaggles Prestige 2 Staff Member
    Moderator HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I didn't though, at least by your standards where degenerate is not insulting.

I didn't misinterpret anything. You had 3 warnings given because you kept going at it. If that wasn't enough of a sign saying "stop the attitude", I'm not sure what is.

Just because others allow it, it doesn't mean everyone will.

Then why did you kick up such a fuss instead of making a PM or any other solution, seeing as there are many? Why make a full abuse report demonizing two staff members (one of them you had to admit had nothing to do) just because you got kicked and just kicked after not one, nor two, but three warnings? Not only that, but your attitude was bad from the start, and all Sloth did was kick you after you failed to understand three clear warnings. All you had to do was flip the switch and either explain yourself or ask why did he change the name. And you had three chances, hell, even a fourth, as a kick does not forbid you from re-joining and asking again.

I honestly can't see where he did wrong, bar changing a name without enough information and "not being lenient enough", and even if that is the case, is it really worth getting mad at him over your very own misdeeds? Is it right to make a whole thread to pin him as the worst staff member ever? I'm beginning to think the bulk of hate Sloth is receiving comes not from his attitude, but from the unfounded hate of the Railway issue where apparently, him having scripts he's willing to sell and trade is worse than some rebels having full gasmask suits and multiple weapons and scripts they're not willing to trade unless they're given a sacrifice of a firstborn child.

2. A_cRaZeD_hObO™

A_cRaZeD_hObO™ Alexquill Approved

Nebulae:
    ????
    I seriously have no idea what you think is going on here. I'm done addressing your concerns because I don't think it'd be fruitful to whoever will judge this thread, also you're coming from a place that smells like dirty bias to me, don't lump me in with randomers who don't like this guy

3. Señor Jaggles

Nebulae:
    You did mention "the many people who are angry at him" and the majority of those I know are the ones I mentioned. I'm not lumping you in with them, I'm saying there's a big gang hating on him for it.

4. A_cRaZeD_hObO™

Nebulae:
    i mean most of the people who've given me props for this report have said why they don't like him, and it's usually to do with the way he dealt with them in his admin duties, so theres that

5. Señor Jaggles

Nebulae:
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think he should act robotic, but he did give chances, and I've seen him use the warning system more than any other person instead of jumping to kicks or bans. He's not your usual happy face but he's certainly not an asshole "just because". He could come off as someone who is strict, but he does give chances and discusses stuff on the daily. Some of us are liked, some of us are disliked. I don't like to fall into one or another category because my own judgement on myself is rather harsh so I'd rather keep very clear guidelines for myself so if I'm ever disliked, it shall be a reason for others to like me, and whatever I do is not with ill intentions. But that's why there's rules and guidelines because we need to judge based on something solid over what everyone might or might not think.

Regardless, people who've had run-ins with someone you report will usually support you on it as they feel the same way, but I guess I'll trust your word that they had fair reasonings. Still, we're all human and just like you had a bad attitude there (and I won't even allow a denial on that), he doesn't have the best of attitudes either and it should be improved, or at least tackled properly, but there's a gap between that and "public service announcement: this staff member is shit".

Sure, you could say that if he did nothing wrong then a public thread about it in the abuse reports section will have no impact and it's something he should not worry about, but the reality is not that. The reality is that, just like it happened in another thread recently, an image, whether right or wrong, is given to the member as he's bashed publicly, and people will take that image to judge the person on their own baseless opinion despite maybe being innocent. We're talking about leniency being given but there's no leniency for a standard procedure being applied where he avoided getting personally involved at all, just because "he didn't stand my ramblings enough and wasn't nice while I was not being nice".

You have a truth, and the other party has a truth, and both combine to describe reality. The issue is that people will come and sniff the parts of truth they believe are right and use them against one party or the other. And I apologize, because I've seen some things from your past that may have biased me against you, and that could also fuel this conversation. But I've tried to understand the bigger picture and all I can see is that Sloth is not in the best of shapes but I've never seen him cross the line of abuse at all, as he's always followed the rules, and shown massive improvement from when he joined the community, and that this was better discussed in a PM instead of presented as a display of abuse, because at the end of the day, everything most people will get is "Sloth received many abuse reports", even if every single one of them was rejected, that's the image he will be given after he's worked his ass to reach the position he's in now.

6. Silanus

Silanus Happy Person
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Oh my god look I'm not apart of this report but can the both of you PLEASE stop bitching to each other over each others' actual attitude rather than the genuine issue?

Yeah, @A_cRaZeD_hObO™ did have a shit attitude. Yeah, @Dr. Breen could've handled it a bit better.

But you guys've turned something that should've been maybe a 1 page report into something worth 4, that barely even goes over the actual 'abuse' part. It was documented that Hobo's character was apart of the Volunteer Corps in August 2019. The V.C. in his character's name was valid, though obviously not knowing that isn't some lifethreatening crime for a Document that hasn't been touched since September last year.

Just give the man his V.C. back and close this report, there's no abuse of power at all; it happened over misinformation that was completely understandable in the given context.

7. A_cRaZeD_hObO™

Nebulae:
    I'm only responding to people's comments on this and nothing else, I'm happy to have this locked until its dealt with.

Also the attitude is the main problem not anything else

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice