Suggestion Add rule on OOC Protection Zones and Objectives

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Suggestion: Disallow running into OOC protected zones for a certain time after hitting an objective /OR/ inform the side who is/would be defending the objective they ran into an OOC zones and allow them to chase in /OR/ just let the defending side by default go into OOC protected zones close to objectives if they got hit.

Why it would be worth adding:

I've noticed with the current layout of the map, that there is very little way for the combine to actually defend what appears to be either the final, or second-to-final objective for rebels to hit due the distance it is from their base and the proximity of it to the rebel OOC protected zones.

If you wonder what I mean, I am referring to the manhack deployment facility. Forcefield pictured below is it's only 'defensive' wall/gate and the red circle is the rebel protected zone.
xNEgGyd.png

While this rule might only be relevant for the duration of this map and I do trust that both sides will at minimum adhere to a certain honour code, if I were to base it on the time the scanner facility attack took (from us getting informed of the attack to its destruction being roughly 5-8 minutes per experience) we likely do not have enough time to gather a tangible response and I can guarantee we do not have enough time for second wave though that matters less in this grand scheme.

Primarily I just want to open the discussion on it from both sides as without these rules, it does affect the balance of the risk in engagements with objectives similar to this.

Necessary content: SA/Staff/Rulechange

Reactions: List

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
Operations of this scale should result in an counter attack, not restricting movement.

When the rebels came back to base after blowing some shit up and killing 5+ combine players we assumed you’d strike back.

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Operations of this scale should result in an counter attack, not restricting movement.

When the rebels came back to base after blowing some shit up and killing 5+ combine players we assumed you’d strike back.
It's one of the options I provided (E: It's a further variation of the third option I suppose, didn't outright provide it), issue is that to my knowledge those objectives only require SA auths while raiding the rebel-base (without outright PK risk) requires SD auths.

So it either needs to be an excepting clause if that's the intent.

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
It's one of the options I provided, issue is that to my knowledge those objectives only require SA auths while raiding the rebel-base (without outright PK risk) requires SD auths.

So it either needs to be an excepting clause if that's the intent.
Think a mixture of both would be helpful

“If combine do X Y Z rebels have auth for a raid that day”

“If rebels do X Y Z combine can raid combine for that day”

Outside of that it has to be SD auth

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
Say this because I’m shocked we weren’t; considering we were attacked by a super synth for getting destroyed by OTA on that swamp map

Cindy

*sigh* ud know this if u read the silmarillion...
Nebulae
I think the resistance should not be able to push the payload while übercharged. Seems counterproductive to roleplay if you ask me.