News After over a year of work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae

It's finally done.

The largest project I've ever undertaken. Over 15 months of constant work, battling the limits of Source every step of the way. A map that hits every engine limitation imaginable. Every last graphical trick in the book. Custom textures, models, detail sprites, soundscapes, and voiceovers.

Ladies and gents, the definitive version of i17...

Industrial17 Version 3.

-------​

FAQ:

I thought you swore off i17 for good?

Alex promised ages back that if we could support an Outlands-type experience and a City-type experience on the same map, we would. When Garrysmod was updated to support increased limits on almost everything, he approached me about returning one final time. It had always felt like I had something more to do with i17, like I'd never capitalized on the full potential of the map; this provided the convenient excuse to allow me to finally execute on the map's fullest potential. Now, for once, I'm happy to have worked on it. I have a result that I'm proud of. I've finally made this map my own.

What do you mean on the workshop page, "features a full canal block"?
i17 v3 features the entirety of i17, and the entirety of Outercanals v1, all on the same map. No corners cut. No sections removed. Seamless transitions between the two. Both of them fully AI noded.

Is it just those two maps stitched together, or is there more to it?
In addition to the above, I've also based it on the unfinished, LP-era Version 3 of the map. That means an enhanced 3D skybox, a fully redesigned Shell Beach, a redesigned Nexus, updated catwalks, several additional buildings, some minor layout changes, and a few easter eggs.

How the hell did you pull this off?
Through months of tearing my hair out at the limitations of the engine. I'd estimate that a good 30% to 40% of the map is composed of props, and the rest was only possible through the use of Havok's Custom Compilers, to whom you should all give your love and support for making this possible.

I have too much money and no idea how to spend it, can I give you some?
I hate including this section because it makes me seem entitled, especially given I've already been paid by Alex for the map in the first place, but if you want to throw some cash at me I'm still not in any position to turn it down. Here's a link, if you really want to.

I have another question that wasn't answered here.
Feel free to ask it! I'll respond as best as I can, though keep in mind if it specifically relates to factions or the like, you're better off talking to the respective faction lead(s).​

nash

slimaaconroy-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Zak you fucker, you're about to give me the biggest nostalgia trip to hit me

ever

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
This is why I kept hinting about Xenians being possible, space being much less of an issue and all that jazz.

So glad I don't need to hint at shit anymore.

Nick

OK DOING
Nebulae
FAT CONT WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO US BRO! WHY?!??!?!?!?!?!

shia

the freakster
Nebulae
I FUCKING CALLED IT I TODL YOU ALL YOU PIECES OF SHIT
FUCK YOU TO EVERYNE WHO DOUBTED ME I KNEW IT

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
featuring me
again
motherfuckers

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

It's finally done.

The largest project I've ever undertaken. Over 15 months of constant work, battling the limits of Source every step of the way. A map that hits every engine limitation imaginable. Every last graphical trick in the book. Custom textures, models, detail sprites, soundscapes, and voiceovers.

Ladies and gents, the definitive version of i17...

Industrial17 Version 3.

-------​

FAQ:

I thought you swore off i17 for good?

Alex promised ages back that if we could support an Outlands-type experience and a City-type experience on the same map, we would. When Garrysmod was updated to support increased limits on almost everything, he approached me about returning one final time. It had always felt like I had something more to do with i17, like I'd never capitalized on the full potential of the map; this provided the convenient excuse to allow me to finally execute on the map's fullest potential. Now, for once, I'm happy to have worked on it. I have a result that I'm proud of. I've finally made this map my own.

What do you mean on the workshop page, "features a full canal block"?
i17 v3 features the entirety of i17, and the entirety of Outercanals v1, all on the same map. No corners cut. No sections removed. Seamless transitions between the two. Both of them fully AI noded.

Is it just those two maps stitched together, or is there more to it?
In addition to the above, I've also based it on the unfinished, LP-era Version 3 of the map. That means an enhanced 3D skybox, a fully redesigned Shell Beach, a redesigned Nexus, updated catwalks, several additional buildings, some minor layout changes, and a few easter eggs.

How the hell did you pull this off?
Through months of tearing my hair out at the limitations of the engine. I'd estimate that a good 30% to 40% of the map is composed of props, and the rest was only possible through the use of Havok's Custom Compilers, to whom you should all give your love and support for making this possible.

I have too much money and no idea how to spend it, can I give you some?
I hate including this section because it makes me seem entitled, especially given I've already been paid by Alex for the map in the first place, but if you want to throw some cash at me I'm still not in any position to turn it down. Here's a link, if you really want to.

I have another question that wasn't answered here.
Feel free to ask it! I'll respond as best as I can, though keep in mind if it specifically relates to factions or the like, you're better off talking to the respective faction lead(s).​

all i want is an sfm compatible version

Status
Not open for further replies.