Serious American college campus

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Angel, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Zombine

Zombine DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
    Developer

Nebulae:
    I'll be releasing my manifesto in a day or two and will make sure to mention that the current affairs section of nebulous.cloud spurred me to action, that evildoers must be punished with the power of foam darts.

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Toast Lord

Toast Lord Proton

Nebulae:
    Yeah I'm ready to go fucking full Hatred cause some woman had more tits than brains lets do this
    Merged:
    Lets do it together cuz, pick out your poison from my personal collection(Fucking mobile not rotating my pictures fuck)
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. nnaM sitooP

nnaM sitooP 'Cause I'm a man, woman.

Nebulae:
    Eternally relevant song

These kind of moronic events typically only happen at liberal arts colleges and the frequency at which they occur increases directly proportionate to the percentage of liberal students attending. Dumb shit like this happens every other few days at UC Berkeley, not including the daily anti-Trump powwow

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Satirical

Satirical Proton

Nebulae:
    My american college experience has included some of this bat-shit loony stuff.

Professor for one of my classes was giving us a lecture and in the middle of it went on a tangent describing how words like "dark" or "black" to describe bad things (i.e "that's dark," "black magic") are rooted in racism and dog-whistles to criminalize people of color. He also claimed that offering to help a woman with lifting some chairs during a presentation was a show of his misogyny in assuming she herself wasn't capable. When I replied to that asinine statement by asking "What if you were just being kind?" He told me that wasn't the point and proceeded to talk about how men assume women are weak. Cue a heated debate where I defended the basic biological distinctions between male and female bodies.

I also had a professor tell our class that states incorporating gender neutral checkboxes for birth certificates and the use of "theyby" (rather than 'baby') is a sign of progress forward. In that same class we had all kinds of cliché conversations about white power. I mean the most of the class was interesting, barring those 'eat this guilt from the trough you white pig' lectures.

Other than that, college in america really isn't that bad. I'm more concerned with the fact that we get so much debt saddled on our shoulders for pursuing higher education (it basically feels like a punishment tbh) than the fact we have snowflakes on the right and left clashing with one another over one another's guest speakers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Chadwick

Chadwick Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    Someone chucked a stink bomb into my mechanical course once in England

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. dee pixel

dee pixel jesus christ denton
    HL2 RP Administrator Media Developer

Nebulae:
    Power to Da People

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Unix

Unix Big Guy Nick - very psychotic

Nebulae:
    Racism is pure nonsense and apparently is one of the main reasons for the majority of protests today

i luv it

8. Bronn

Bronn Molecule

Nebulae:
    there are tweets on pewdiepie's wedding photos with people calling him and marzia racist, at this point people just use it to shit on people and gain the upper hand during an argument, without caring if the person is actually racist or not

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Raiden

Raiden Submit to the Three, thy spirits and thy lords.

Nebulae:
    tell me about it

10. SaintonDrugs

SaintonDrugs Nucleus

Nebulae:
    As an Asian in California starting my first year of college with American Democracy being one of my Freshman classes, I say this being entirely serious. Yikes.

But I do agree that the SJW class requirment is a little retarded, as someone who actually does have that class requirement before I can graduate. I just feel like the two sides of the spectrum are growing too far apart. As someone who does engage in political stuff from time-to-time I argue moreso as an independent leaning conservative.

People would rather blame others for things they don't have and say the system isn't fair. Even if it was, the world isn't fair, and that's the way things just are and always will be. The issues are if you're going to deal with it or just attack others and be bitter over it.

I don't think white people are the major oppressors of Hell, it just so happens that they were the ones to make these massive technological advances. I think it could be argued that theoretically speaking, any other race would have done exactly the same thing if they had access to surperior technology: Conquer and imperialize. Because let's be real here, empires always want more land, it's why countries were always at war. It happened all over the world from America before the Europeans, Europe, Asia even when technology was relatively the same. So if you saw this race of people who were different from you, had worse technology, and had land and resources that could provide useful, why wouldn't you take it? Morals, sure, but we live in a world where daily life was significantly different to that of a couple hundred years prior, I don't think the people of that time would have had care of morals when life was the way it was back then with some exceptions.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. TrippenDog

TrippenDog Needs More Mercy

Nebulae:
    can we purge all white americans - who are racist by default - from the campus please. we have freedom of speech and such segregating words are prohibited from being spoken.

aka this is dumb

12. Nömad <3

Nömad <3 Nicrobe's pet Philosophy notebook

Nebulae:
    "Hurr Durr you dress like a normal person, speak like a normal person, act like a normal person - you must be straight! No, of course you can't disagree with a stereotype that makes some people want to slap every overly-camp bastard, or try to talk about how sexuality shouldn't be an excuse to behave any differently to how you might normally just because it'll win you some social brownie points. Preposterous!"

Late post on this but i'm in the same boat as Goatson here because people can't put a 2 and 2 together unless you're in full drag, yelling Yaas queen across the room every 2 minutes or actively being a big gay. It's just really, really weird to me? Especially since most of the people who call me out for this do tend to be Americans yelling that i'm straight or a homophobe.

America, what did you put in the punch bowl. Why have all gays got to either be 6'5" guys built like olympians or overly flamboyant and obnoxious bastards AMERIKA EXPLAIN
    Merged:
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Nömad <3

Nömad <3 Nicrobe's pet Philosophy notebook

Nebulae:
    -When some people forget some of the first, most long lasting and most cruel slavers of all time were Arabians stealing entire towns and villages of Africans for their slave trade, because slavery and oppressing black people is a whites only thing.

Even if the British Empire will last forever, sainton makes a good point that literally every empire in existence (bar like *maybe* 1-2) have literally just gone for their equivalent of
    [​IMG]

(You cannot and will not stop me from double posting btw, heretics)

14. Unix

Unix Big Guy Nick - very psychotic

Nebulae:
    that's exactly what I'm pointing at

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. swagile

swagile Atom

Nebulae:
    all this racism and "white people privilege" and other shit, the arguments that comes from it, hides the real problems

while its shitty that people act like this, what about the fact that american education costs and arm and a leg, then the other arm and a leg in interest rates after you graduate (without guarantee for a job)?

what about the fact that getting help after you injure your arm or leg costs the amputation and selling of your organs to fund it because of insurance companies ruling the health industry?

what about the fact that americans are illegally going to canada for basic health services like insulin because it costs like 500 dollars there, and only 50 at Canada, healthcare is affordable for even lower class people in Canada, and only the wealthy in America can afford an injury without going bankrupt?

none of these issues are addressed while "non-visible" (what the fuck does this even mean?) people hate on white people for their "privilege" while white people hate on everyone else for constantly shitting on them because they are a easy target

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Zombine

Zombine DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
    Developer

Nebulae:
    >the police department when they fine me for forgetting to display a temporary parking permit (even though I already pay this school tens of thousands of dollars and did buy a permit) and they see that I've tried to dispute the ticket
    [​IMG]

parking at my college is extortion. I would love nothing more than to work at SpaceX and assist with the design of a satellite carrying tungsten rods, and christen its successful deployment by dropping the first rod onto the center of this campus.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Angel

Angel Angry Mexican
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
  18. swagile

swagile Atom

Nebulae:
    parking at my college is like 200 bucks

downright criminal, so i take the bus (which, strangely, has a good deal for the bus pas for the students thats even better than buying from the government itself)

never take a parking permit from schools, its part of their biggest revenue and they gouge as much as they can (at least here in canada, america its probably different)

19. Bronn

Bronn Molecule

Nebulae:
    wait, so despite paying for college, you also gotta pay for parking?

even if it was 5$ I'd still call that a robbery wtf

20. Ond

Ond Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    education in the U.S in general is getting robbed

• Agree Agree x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice