Serious American college campus

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Angel, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Bronn

Bronn Molecule

Nebulae:
    it's retarded how people praise education so much, but to go to school and college you pretty much pay for everything in most countries, I'd prefer it if schools handed out or sold students electronic books with all the material needed for all classes instead of having to pay 500$ for all the individual textbooks combined

but then the publishers would cry for their money, cause fuck making it easier on the students and parents

2. swagile

swagile Atom

Nebulae:
    the other problem is that education, even when its shit, is required in todays day in age because every tom dick and jerry has a diploma

so its meaningless, yet at the same time ask for it when you apply for jobs because of that very same reason; its upped the anti, persay. there must be something wrong with you if these 1000 candidates could do college and you couldn't, right?

some jobs avoid this trap (I.T. is one of them, most of them hire you without an education if you can prove you can actually do it) and some other job sectors do as well, but a lot of businesses are still old schooled and believe in the education system

personally i take a cynical view. they believe in the education system not because of its effectiveness but because it puts you into debt. people in debt are less likely to complain at work, less likely to raise concerns about health and safety and terrible business practices, less likely to be whistleblowers for terrible corporate secrets that would make children working on factory floors look like kittens having their bellies rubbed in comparison

basically, college and university grads (unless you take STEM or have a job guaranteed at a decent company) is the BEST place to look for "yes men" who will do your bidding and will take more punishment than someone who hasn't gone there

modern day slavery on a industrial scale

but thats my cynic view based on what ive seen of the education system

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Whilt

Whilt Woh

Nebulae:
    FUCK PEARSON

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. jems

jems fqjdlkmsbvqfgkhpoiuaeazer

Nebulae:
    even academia gets fucked on the daily thanks to companies like elsevier holding the entire industry by its throat. it makes no sense to charge the amounts they're asking to open up a paper when a lot of the authors would send it on a whim when asked over mail

thank god there's places like l i b g e n and arxiv to at least get access to a lot of content otherwise paywalled

5. DemonElite

DemonElite Electron

Nebulae:
    no lie, fuck 'em

6. Whilt

Whilt Woh

Nebulae:
    pearson owns edexcel in the uk

their math paper leaks could've genuinely fucked over people being able to go to uni

disgusting company, for profit companies should not be allowed in education

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. aperson

aperson Molecule

Nebulae:
    everyone i know who had to do edexcel (gcse and a level) said they are shit
    aqa and ocr gang

8. Whilt

Whilt Woh

Nebulae:
    edexcel papers look like sats papers

9. Ocean Man Was Taken

Ocean Man Was Taken SpongeGar’s long lost relative

Nebulae:
    When you attempt to fight racism and segregation... with racism and segregation.

Nah but lowkey “There’s no such thing as reverse racism” is stupid

10. dee pixel

dee pixel jesus christ denton
    HL2 RP Administrator Media Developer

Nebulae:
    well it’s true

reverse racism is just plain racism

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Ocean Man Was Taken

Ocean Man Was Taken SpongeGar’s long lost relative

Nebulae:
    To get real for a minute,

It’s true that In the past, (talking colonial times) Caucasian prominent areas such as UK, America and other areas in South America did conscript slaves and such but that was abolished centuries ago. There has been racism since then up tin around Cold War times where no one really gave a shit. To say there’s racism now, to the extent where the action in the video was needed is stupid. Just looks like bored, privileged college students using the past as an excuse to feed a dissolved cause to the point it’s perceived as racism against white people.

Coming from a Caucasian (I’m Irish so I’m like whiter than white lol) I’d say that the extent it’s being taken in some causes is ridiculous. I remember seeing on the news about companies repaying black families for the crimes their distant relatives committed.... why? I get the gesture but it’s not the responsibility of these people to pay, who probably aren’t racists. It’s the stigma of dividing into groups set by ‘activists’ that further divides our society.

12. swagile

swagile Atom

Nebulae:
    thats another thing

"reparations"

some white guy not even distantly related to me hundreds of years ago whipped a black dude and suddenly i have to pay all future black people "reparations" for the humilition and degredation their ancestors had to go through?

why is that only related to black people? when does that clock stop?

we gunna have reparations for all the romans who got slaughtered or raped when their entire civilization collapsed by the khans?

what about the first cave man killing another cave man, how far does that go back?

its such a stupid concept but its the most recent example of "white guilt" and all this bullshit ramped up to 10

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. aperson

aperson Molecule

Nebulae:
    yet to see the reparations thing become close to mainstream, seems to be mostly fringe groups pushing for it, but it'll never come to fruition

14. swagile

swagile Atom

Nebulae:
    its all over american news (god help you if you watch it regularly), as well as other news outlets

its also being toted in the political sphere

its not that prominent in everyday life, but neither was feminism, or racism

it all starts somewhere; you'll be hearing it more in the public areas such as schools and workplaces soon enough. usually starts at schools, unfortunately, considering its easier to indoctrinate people who are already used to getting led around by "movements"

15. Dr Heckyll

Dr Heckyll Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    how would slavery reparations even come about, what do you charge a slavery tax on all white americans
    cause yeah that would work out and be enforceable

it's such a ridiculous concept and anyone that promotes it is just sheepishly yelling about something they haven't thought out

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Angel

Angel Angry Mexican
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    people talking about reparations for slavery in america

meanwhile in europe....
    [​IMG]
    "ye fucking america and their slave exploitation"
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. aperson

aperson Molecule

Nebulae:
    man this is wack, wtf
    fuck sake heckyll

but yeah, if its supposed to be a way to fix issues in black communities or whatever, this aint it
    "fuck america for using slaves"
    belgium:
    [​IMG]

18. Ond

Ond Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    wyte pepl bed

19. Bronn

Bronn Molecule

Nebulae:
    shit like reparations is probably one of the reasons people go right, cause I can guarantee that the ones pushing for it politically won't pay even a cent

and when people refuse to pay up, they will get called bigots, white supremacists, and anti-LGBTQ just to shame them into submission, which is what I view some of the democrats in America doing to those who don't agree with them, people like AOC

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. rams

rams `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    ahahah

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice