Denied anders gets banned over a meme

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Appeals' started by mert, Oct 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mert

mert Molecule

Nebulae:
    Steam Name: mert
    Steam ID: Is it that important

Character Name: Anders 'Henry Saxon' Bondevik
    Member of Staff Who Banned Your Character: @Pumpkin

What Led To Your Character's Death?: So I was fucking around and saw @PilotBland on the Shell beach. He then jumped onto the railing. In a lapse of judgement I decided it would be pretty funny to push him down towards the leech-infested water. He survived and yeeted me over it. Keep in mind this was all done OOCly.
    Why Should Your Character Be Unbanned?: Yeah, I appreciate if I was handed a OOC punishment instead of losing a developed character. Yeah, I agree I did something wrong, but come on this wasn't a throwaway.
    Date Of Occurrence: Now
    Evidence: Logs
    Other Players Involved: nah
    Any Other Details: Just give me a ban instead.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • nebulous nebulous x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Pumpkin

Pumpkin Un legendario delegado de protección metropolitana
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    The reason I opted to PK your character rather then giving you a server ban is cause you know it won't do anything in the long run and you've been messing around often for a long time now, it's nothing really new about you, sad to say.

[​IMG]

You didn't really seem apologetic in your reasoning either, in fact it just seemed like a joke to you which I didn't really appreciate nor did @PilotBland in the situation. The fact that you pushed Pilotblands character into the leech water where he could've died from is more then enough of a reason to come out and kill you for it, even if it was OOC'ly.
    I find this a more than fitting punishment for your actions, cause they do have consequences.
    If he had died it would've costed me effort and time to refund him, over something that shouldn't have happened to begin with.
    Despite me being an SA and being around to help people if requested for it, i'm not here to clean up after your mingery.

Good luck with your appeal.

• nebulous nebulous x 5
  3. Chezburger

Chezburger american idiot
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    but his character didnt die

did he idk

nevermind i read pilotshams post

rip.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Zing Zing x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  4. PilotBland

PilotBland community antagonizer

Nebulae:
    Okay, so I requested this PK after discussing it with Pumpkin questioning on what was my possible routes, and hearing your response as to why I was pushed -- which will be added by @Pumpkin -

I deliberated and opted for a PK, as the act of shoving say a cop in the city is in character, and gets you fucked, me standing on the railing was in character, as I was in character-- and was pushed into the leech water in character. I almost died in character, though I did ask for a heal which I won't be minding getting sent to 10 HP if this gets denied as I asked for my health back in !help, as a spur of the moment reflex.

Your murder was, by choice, taken IC as I couldn't imagine what other emotions my character could feel than utter hatred for their attempted murder.

I don't mind opting for a ban if this'll just get chalked to 'OOC horsing around', even though the reply given was borderline unserious.

Note, I'm not saying 'PK as OOC punishment' but more so, you sleep in the bed you made. I nearly died as a result of this.
    Merged:
    Mert's character was killed by me, with my machete.

• nebulous nebulous x 5
  5. mert

mert Molecule

Nebulae:
    I messed up OOC so I deserve to be punished OOCly. Why should I lose a lose character that I spent time developing on because you think it wouldn't do anything in the long run.

People have been unpked because of rulebreaks before. The only difference is that this was done exclusively OOC with nobody being IC around the time it was done, atleast from what I've seen.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. PilotBland

PilotBland community antagonizer

Nebulae:
    @nash was present on his vortigaunt and, out of spawn I'd imaginably think he'd be IC.

As do most people who 'OOCly' do stuff, bringing a mask to the city, haphazardly aim a gun at someone twitchy, or shove a cop in the city intentionally.

OOC actions are liable to be taken IC. You did something and I took it IC and reacted accordingly with S2K engagement (considering you pushed me into a maphazard and I was actively losing HP as I was running)

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  7. nash

nash slimaaconroy-approved
    Media Developer

Nebulae:
    i am background foliage

• nebulous nebulous x 6
  8. Mic15000

Mic15000 The Underdog
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    You should be lucky this wasn't a ban in general. The PK is valid, I could understand if you accidentally miss clicked, I do that all the time in observer too. But you admitted it was for a joke.

You should always still IC'ly when you can and if you wanna make a joke like this make sure the others actually agree to it, although you really shouldn't do it in the first place.

I pretty much agree with everything @Pumpkin said.

With that said this is Denied and Locked.

• nebulous nebulous x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice