Black Rain (1989)

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
Nebulae
lWjto.gif

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Anime is possibly the most annoying thing on this planet, it's high pitched WAILS, bright overexaggerated colours, EVERY FUCKING LOOK IN ANOTHER DIRECTION THE CHARCTERS HAVE TO BREATH OUT

Jer

Electron
Nebulae
Anime is possibly the most annoying thing on this planet, it's high pitched WAILS, bright overexaggerated colours, EVERY FUCKING LOOK IN ANOTHER DIRECTION THE CHARCTERS HAVE TO BREATH OUT

Not all of them. You've never fucking watched Lego Ninjago? Yeah, thought so. Yeah think twice.

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
You see; anime is the fault of the USA after dropping the nukes on japan they were all effected by radiation and become freaks. This is shown through the degeneration of their proud warrrior culture and evolution into...
Anime
Hentai
Traps
Fem-boys
Etc.
Tut tut

Satirical

Electron
Nebulae
very few anime are acceptable.

the whole rest just overuse the same archetypes, themes, and cliche character formats to be considered anything past elementary.

also the toxic weeaboo culture is gross and must be stopped before america becomes full of goosestepping japanese.

Redhunter

On and Off UP Lead
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Judging by that outlook I presume you've only ever watched (if any) ecchi trash, shōnen slices or those 'Always Use Incognito' memes.

I used to be like you up until a few months ago in fact I'd go as far as to say I'd try and stay far away from anyone who watched anime but it dawned on me that anime is a media form as opposed to a genre and there's plenty of good stuff out there. In fact, hell I'll even give you some recommendations as to what to watch:

Re:Zero
A popular anime but for good reason. It was the first anime that I had watched since I was a kid and while the majority of the first episode almost had me asleep by the end of the episode I was hooked. The idea alone of a guy who returns to a specific point in time everytime he dies and willingly confronts death in order to save those he cares about is heartbreaking at times. That and the visual contrast between the bright fantasy world and the gruesome deaths (Episode 15 anyone?) that you witness just makes it a classic.

Gurren Lagaan
A classic from the late 2000's which has to be my favourite shōnen because of how well it tells a story. The great thing about this anime is how you can watch this in both dub and sub and they're equally as good meaning it's one of the most accessible anime out there. Kyle Herbert, the voice of Kamina does a fucking fantastic job and he's one of the reasons why I have Kaito as my nebulous avatar right now (also voiced by him). Gurren Lagaan sometimes falls to anime tropes such as oversized boobs and some bad humour but the second half is the most mature point of the show and it's fantastic honestly!

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc / Danganronpa: The Animation
Danganronpa is my favourite anime / visual novel series and it has to be one of the craziest set ups I've ever seen. 15 students locked in a school (with its own dormitory and fully stocked kitchen) by a robotic bear and are told that they must live in the school for the rest of their lives. The bear then informs the students that there is one way to leave the school and that is to kill a fellow student and get away with the murder. The result of this is a murder mystery game like no other with a fantastic cast, hilarious dialogue gruesome deaths and plot twists by the number.

If I had to pick one or the other I'd say play the game for sure as unlike other visual novels it breaks the trend with gameplay sections where you must investigate crime scenes, explore the school for clues as to how to escape and the class trials... sweet christ the class trials. If you've ever wondered what Ace Attorney would be like if it was on crack then that's Danganronpa. Sections where you must shoot down conflicting statements, cut through the words of your opponents in rebuttal showdowns and break down their arguments in Bullet Time Battles make the game so much more fun. If you can't afford the games (they're about a tenner each) then you can watch the anime which is considerably shorter and relatively mediocre compared to the game.

So I hope I may have changed your mind and have at least made you consider watching an anime, after all it's best not to judge a book by it's cover, especially when you consider that the book is an anthology of thousands of stories.

Deleted member 93

Nucleus
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Judging by that outlook I presume you've only ever watched (if any) ecchi trash, shōnen slices or those 'Always Use Incognito' memes.

I used to be like you up until a few months ago in fact I'd go as far as to say I'd try and stay far away from anyone who watched anime but it dawned on me that anime is a media form as opposed to a genre and there's plenty of good stuff out there. In fact, hell I'll even give you some recommendations as to what to watch:

Re:Zero
A popular anime but for good reason. It was the first anime that I had watched since I was a kid and while the majority of the first episode almost had me asleep by the end of the episode I was hooked. The idea alone of a guy who returns to a specific point in time everytime he dies and willingly confronts death in order to save those he cares about is heartbreaking at times. That and the visual contrast between the bright fantasy world and the gruesome deaths (Episode 15 anyone?) that you witness just makes it a classic.

Gurren Lagaan
A classic from the late 2000's which has to be my favourite shōnen because of how well it tells a story. The great thing about this anime is how you can watch this in both dub and sub and they're equally as good meaning it's one of the most accessible anime out there. Kyle Herbert, the voice of Kamina does a fucking fantastic job and he's one of the reasons why I have Kaito as my nebulous avatar right now (also voiced by him). Gurren Lagaan sometimes falls to anime tropes such as oversized boobs and some bad humour but the second half is the most mature point of the show and it's fantastic honestly!

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc / Danganronpa: The Animation
Danganronpa is my favourite anime / visual novel series and it has to be one of the craziest set ups I've ever seen. 15 students locked in a school (with its own dormitory and fully stocked kitchen) by a robotic bear and are told that they must live in the school for the rest of their lives. The bear then informs the students that there is one way to leave the school and that is to kill a fellow student and get away with the murder. The result of this is a murder mystery game like no other with a fantastic cast, hilarious dialogue gruesome deaths and plot twists by the number.

If I had to pick one or the other I'd say play the game for sure as unlike other visual novels it breaks the trend with gameplay sections where you must investigate crime scenes, explore the school for clues as to how to escape and the class trials... sweet christ the class trials. If you've ever wondered what Ace Attorney would be like if it was on crack then that's Danganronpa. Sections where you must shoot down conflicting statements, cut through the words of your opponents in rebuttal showdowns and break down their arguments in Bullet Time Battles make the game so much more fun. If you can't afford the games (they're about a tenner each) then you can watch the anime which is considerably shorter and relatively mediocre compared to the game.

So I hope I may have changed your mind and have at least made you consider watching an anime, after all it's best not to judge a book by it's cover, especially when you consider that the book is an anthology of thousands of stories.

• Attack on Titan
  • Full Metal Alchemist
  • Hunter x Hunter
  • Haikyuu!
  • Inuyashiki
  • Tokyo Ghoul
  • Zankyou no Terror
More to the list.

Reactions: List