Anime Megathread

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
If you guys have not started watching Violet Evergarden, here's my recommendation. First episode was aired yesterday, looks super promising, with beautiful art and a nice OST. Also the story seems to be really good. You may like it @Jer, it has fantasy but not the kind of wizards and dragons, but, quoting the plot summary:

"A certain point in time, in the continent of Telesis. The great war which divided the continent into North and South has ended after four years, and the people are welcoming a new generation. Violet Evergarden, a young girl formerly known as “the weapon”, has left the battlefield to start a new life at CH Postal Service. There, she is deeply moved by the work of “Auto Memories Dolls”, who carry people's thoughts and convert them into words. Violet begins her journey as an Auto Memories Doll, and comes face to face with various people's emotions and differing shapes of love. There are words Violet heard on the battlefield, which she cannot forget. These words were given to her by someone she holds dear, more than anyone else. She does not yet know their meaning but she searches to find it."

Basically people that write letters for those who can't write (due to the lack of people who has studies due to the war that recently ended), but they're not simple writers, they know the feelings and such of the people requesting their services and put them on paper.

Husky

Nebulae
I would just like to alert you all to the fact that in the anime Cafe Stile, the character names 'Surprise' is a trap. And I find this really, really funny considering the name.

ButtonLip

I really was wilbur whateley the whole time
Nebulae
-Welcome to the NHK!

I usually don't talk much about my anime fondness (I'm something of a closet weeb) but I'll make an exception since you mentioned that show. It was the first anime I ever really enjoyed, and it discussed mental illness in terms that really moved me at the time, when I was going through comparable shit. Without making this sappy, boring, or pathetic, I'll just say I enjoyed it greatly, watched it twice, but haven't seen it since it was taken off Netflix a few years ago.

Reactions: List

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
I would just like to alert you all to the fact that in the anime Cafe Stile, the character names 'Surprise' is a trap. And I find this really, really funny considering the name.

Anime name is Blend S, and yes, Hideri Kanzaki is a trap, pretty easy to notice, afaik he says it himself during his second appearance (if not the first rofl).

Although your message sounds as if you thought "best girl" and then discovered the truth the hard way?

rewml

String
Nebulae
xanthius sucks and the second best anime is detective conan

welcome to the Retirement

Narrative/Lore Manager
Nebulae
who would win???

made-in-abyss-episodio-13-nanachi-e-mitty-amizade.jpg

or

6d2.jpg

gExile

roleplayers paradise
Nebulae
devilman crybabys really good and has a great ost

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
The Vampire Hunter D series is pretty good.

I need to get the novels though

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
Can we rez this bitch?

Been watching three things lately - four, if you count an episode during a nap.

First was Oshiete! Galko-chan

Which I've actually been having some fun with interspersed with downtime between games or waiting on friends to join stuff, would recommend if you're willing to become a normie

Second was just Made in Abyss, after being told by a friend it doesn't really do much other than the last few eps of S1, I lost interest before seeing a few more recommendations from various people, both here and elsewhere - I'd recommend it if you can watch it in 1080p though, as it's a huge pull for most of it. Looks great.

Third was a random recommendation from another friend, called Gakkou Gurashi. I can't really talk about it without spoiling shiznit though so just go watch the first episode and slog through the first 20 minutes if you have to, the twist at the end of ep1 that sets up the series is pretty decent.
Always a fan of that sort of stuff as it's one of my more favorite genres in the sense it's done on gakkou, but just go watch ep1 and gauge if you're interested

Also Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex rewatch. still would recommend just because it's infinitely rewatchable for the setting, music, story, everything

Oswald

Fish
Nebulae
anime must be destroyed

loading anti-anime rockets....
Anime is a the only downside of the nukes dropped on Japan during WW2. I do see a direct link between the nukes and anime. There are many things it could show.

One; It may be a sham to trick the west into trusting them and making them seem weak even though they hide their true imperialism dreams.
Or
Two; The fallout and radiation may have melted their brains and caused them to become fucking retarded.... we will never know..

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
anime is legitimately only so popular because of the nukes, no meme
I read something somewhere once that basically explained that the person who got manga to be so popular in Japan originally starting doing it because japan’s suicide rates spiked after the war, whether it be because of fallout contamination or general depression as a result of losing the war and now having a shit tier economy

because of the widespread economic and general emotional population the people found solace in these comics that were being made in specific joyful tones for the people

then anime came along because of that
so thanks, Hiroshima and Nagasaki