Anthrax_PL's crewman application

Discussion in 'Accepted/Denied Applications' started by Anthrax_PL, Apr 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthrax_PL

Anthrax_PL Atom

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]

That's me, in the Driver's seat. People might think I am the driver of Katyusha, but that's far from the truth. I'm just the loader for her. We were having some sort of party back at the little base we called home.

Some people might be confused by my name, Timotei Curtov. That doesn't sound russian!, they might say. I tell them it's true. I'm a Romanian that lived in Russia that got drafted, the odd one out. After all, my family has been living in the Caucasus mountains for a long time. They eventually forget my name and just call me Gypsy.

Everyone looks happy in this picture, but remember. We were at a party. Tomorrow would be the Battle of Andchoj...

17th Feburary, 1980.

Me and the rest of Katyushas servents went in, along with her sisters.

It was Gypsy, (me), as the loader.
    Yevgeny was the gunner. He operated the main gun and depended on me
    Pyotr was the assistant gunner. He handled the little gun that shot the bullets
    Matvei drove the actual tank
    Finally, there was good old
    Dmitry. The old grumpy man who ordered everyone around

When we first went in, everything was fine for the most part. Infantry had little resistant and tank support was not needed. Second half of the battle was a little bit worse, we went it but all of the tanks survived. It was the final part of the battle that was the worst...

[​IMG]

GYPSY!!

Yes, comrade commisar!

LOAD HIGH EXPLOSIVE, QUICK!

We have NO high explosive!

DMITRY! I HAVE BARELY ANY AMMO!

USE YOUR PISTOL IF YOU HAVE TO! YEVGENNY, YOU OKAY UP THERE?!

I'll live, get Gypsy to load a shell in! Everything, they're all around us!

Loading AP!

What?! What are you thinking?!

IT'S ALREADY IN, FUCKING FIRE!!

AAGH, FIRING!

The AP shell went through the tube and out into the open. A loud bang when it left the firing tube happened, with the shaking of the tank. I banged my head on the tank, so I blacked out for a bit

Eventually, he woke up.Muffled yelling was heard between the crew. Panic? Orders? He couldn't tell. Eventually, a muffled pattern was beginning to repeat itself.

█████!!

█████!!

█████!!!!!

GYPSY, YOU DEAF SHIT WAKE UP!

I realised that the commander was calling out my name. I looked at him dead in the eye, I have never seen him more angry

LOAD SMOKE IF YOU'VE GOT ANY!

The hell are you thinking?! I won't be able to drive straight if you fire SMOKE!

Katyusha-1, Katyusha-1, this is command.

Dmitry looked hopeless, picking up the radio

Command, this is Katyusha-1. Katyusha-2 and 3 are out of commision, we are fucked here! We need support!

Katyusha-1, all support has already been sent out. We can't send no one else. Pull back now, we've lost this battle.

He doesn't respond, throwing his radio in a fit of rage, barely missing me.

Is it in?

Is what i-

GYPSY IS THE SMOKE IN?!

Yes, yes!

Okay, okay.. Matvei, on my order you are to drive out and retreat.

What? We will be obliterated from the face of this earth the second we leave the ruins!

DOES IT LOOK LIKE I HAVE A FUCKING CHOICE, MATVEI!? Yevgenny, when we are in the open, I want you to fire that Smoke round behind us to cover us.

GYPSY! How many smoke do we have?

Just the two, commander.. One is already in the t-

Prepare the second after the first one is in. Yevgenny, the second we get out of there aim the tube behind us and shoot the smoke, got it?

I don't have a choice!

Pyotr? How are you on ammo?

PYOTR YOU DEAF SH-

He looked at Pyotr. Or, what used to be him. Something got underneath the tank. His head was not recognizable.

He stops for a moment, looking away from his former crew member. After a little bit, he regains his morality.

Matvei, on my mark...

Oh chri-

GO, GO, GO!

Just after he gave the order, Katyusha started moving. Immediately after the tank was visible, there was yelling and small arms fire.

YEVGENNY, FIRE!

FIRING!

The shell went out, somewhat covering the fleeing tank. There was sporatic fire around the tank now. All everyone could do now is pray they get out alive.

SMOKE SHELL IN!

FIRE!

FIRING!

[​IMG]

That's all I remember. Everything just kinda was black until we all made it back to base. Another two days later, the FOB we were stationed at was attacked. Matvei and Dmitry didn't make it, so eventually it was just me and Yevgenny. Both of us and a couple of fresh transfers went into a BMP and I drove off, to another base.

In the end, I got transferred out of the country to a military hospital. I wasn't doing mentally after that. I was there for a few months. There, I got promoted to Senior Soldier. For what? I don't know. I don't care. The tiny pay rise was a bonus, I sent it all back home to my family.

I now sit in an office, with a bunch of papers in my hands to go to Germany. Where will I be? Berlin? Hesse? Frankfurt? I don't care. Anything but Afghanistan.
    Name: Anthrax_PL

SteamID: STEAM_1:1:27799330

Timezone: BST

How is your activity? / How would you rate your interest in Stasiland?: I'd rate it good. I've been getting on most days and I stay on for a couple hours. I'll find a way to balance out stasi if I get soviet.

Any previous infractions at the community? If so, can you explain?: I wouldn't know. Probably a few warns and a kick maybe on HL2. I do not remember anything on WW3RP

Previous WW3RP / RP experience: I did go on WW3RP briefly.

How familiar are you with the Soviet Union (ideology, history etc.)?: I am definitely not a historian, but I do know some stuff about it, enough to get by but I always learn more stuff about it.

Are you aware of the new concept? What are some of the differences between this iteration of WW3RP and the old one?: Yes, I have been playing Stasiland for a while now. It is not as S2K heavy as the previous iteration, and NATO is much less of a force on this server.

What do you think this faction will be doing on the server?: It will cooperate with Stasi right now, trying to combat the insurgents. Because of the current situation of the server, it won't be peacekeeping as much imo but with the new map I hope it will.

NOTE: This mans family has been living in the Caucasus part of the USSR for generations, so I believe they would be citizens of the USSR.

#1 Anthrax_PL, Apr 9, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 11
  2. char

char The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
    WW3 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    Accepted for Crewman, Senior Soldier.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice