Anti-Social

Rusty Pebbles

Stick in the mud
Nebulae
Hello. I recently been PK'd! :confused: But y'know, it happens! So I was thinking to myself "What things could I do to improve on my character?" Then I thought "how about actually interacting with people." Instead of those "Hello" and "Whats up?" What are some ways to make relationships with other characters?

Reactions: List

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
Same as you do in real life.

Start with small talk, you're all citizens bar slaves trapped in a costantly guarded 2000ft area so you have something in common to start with.

Don't force them too much to speak though, some of the guys in the server are sad kids who love doing /me sits and think about his past and just hate actually socializing on the Internet

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Think about how you'd start a conversation IRL.

Never "Start" the conversation. Don't ever walk up to someone and say hey, it makes you look desperate.

Let a situation start the conversation for you. If you see someone getting re-educated, make a comment near another citizen, other citizen replies with something funny, you laugh, introduce yourself, BOOM, conversation underway.

Comment on something neutrally, ask a question. "Woah, where'd you get that scar?" Etc. Don't compliment or insult someone you just met, it doesn't really work that way.

All else fails, get an OOC friend to be your wingman and have him forcefully introduce your character to his character's friends.

Rolyat

Medical Roleplay Extraordinare
Nebulae
Right, so basically, you really need a backstory and/or a good idea for your character. They need a story to tell so that you aren't just saying "Hi" all the time. Have something to talk about. Is your character deeply scarred because of a tragic past event? Has it effected them deeply? Does your character have some sort of story to tell? The most important thing to remember is that passive is only as fun as you make it. The easiest way (which is basically a lie in and of it's self) to get solid RP is to go to a spot day in and day out where you know you can find people and try to strike up conversation. Don't be rude or annoying, but be friendly. It's a disposition people react to positively IC and OOC. Despite what a lot of people will tell you, you can get decent RP as a citizen, but most people don't try because they are so focused on getting to the saught after Rebel RP. If you want more pointers on being an all around better RPer in general, I can offer you some guidance on some nuances that come with experience. Just shoot me a forum PM or add me on Steam.

Over_Lord

Quark
Nebulae
I usually go with "Fuck on the First Talk" method..
Hasn't failed me yet..

Bibo!

Neutrino
Nebulae
Talk an old guy called Zhandos Abzalov.
Um, no relation.