Serious Any GMOD Screenshot artists out here?

Nebulae
If anyone has some tips on screenshot art or if anyone wants to join me and actually help me i would be grateful.

Thanks for reading this and if anyone posts memes or something in here i will report them because i am really looking for someone to make art with. So don't be mean please.. Thank you.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
yeah i do stuff every now and then
61c2b455db.jpg

wont do stuff with you though so you'll only get tips

Reactions: List

liew

Don't Shoot I'm Too Short
Nebulae
If you want tips

The best you can get is: utilise the gmod post processing effects. They can be so beautiful sometimes and is what sometimes can make the difference between what is a seemingly bland pose, to something nice.

Another tip is to find a good camera angle and use it to zoom in as far as you can without actually taking anything vital away from the pose, just use it to remove empty space.

Another one, which imo is extremely important which is to use lights. A pack which can enhance the gmod lights can be found here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=111396485 (there's many like it but I use this pack) the default gmod lights and lamps work fine but afaik there's also a light pack on the steam workshop.

If you can, use models from facepunch as they're usually much higher resolution than those on the workshop, if you need help installing them hmu on steam and I'll give you a tutorial in downloading them and putting them into the gmod folder.

Going back on the post processing effect tip, here's an example.

584D8AB5AA19AE034ACF49803BA2570F831C5BE6

644C04329D1F53AB6EFCE7D1888CBE3D8819B63E

Now, these aren't the greatest poses in the world but it shows what only a few tools that gmod can offer to make your poses look decent. The ones I have on the top poster is: Colour Correction, Bloom and SDof. I see lot's of people using toy town and depth of field for poses but don't, it makes them look cheap imo.

Though, I'm still a learner and these were some tips that really helped me out.

Also, phys gun is superior to any tools like ragdoll mover. It just gets more natural looking poses.............

Reactions: List