Anyone into Mining?

lucid

aussie battler
Nebulae
i had 3btc from like 2011 on a hard drive i formatted

one day i'll go through my old hard drives with the biggest hit of copium you've ever seen

unironically a chance of you recovering the btc. Depends on how it was formatted but try recuva or even worth sending it into a data recovery service if you’re talking that much $

+ try DD_rescue / testdisk

Reactions: List

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
unironically a chance of you recovering the btc. Depends on how it was formatted but try recuva or even worth sending it into a data recovery service if you’re talking that much $

+ try DD_rescue / testdisk
ye i know the recovery tools and shit but i've accepted that it's long gone, one of these days i'll plug those hard drives back in to revisit the disappointment

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Some old lad in Denmark found an old HDD with about 300 BTC on it which he sold for a couple of million DKK. It's certainly possible to recover that shit. Makes me want to go buy a shit ton of old hard drives just to search through them for prizes.
loot old DVRs from garage sales, goodwills and other bargain/pawn stores. open them up and take the hard drive from inside and sell them buyer to collect for like 20-25 bucks. much more profitable than bitcoin mining. its like irl lootboxes since you dont know if the drive will be like 160gb or 1tb

Warwick

Mum Looks Like Tracy Beaker
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
loot old DVRs from garage sales, goodwills and other bargain/pawn stores. open them up and take the hard drive from inside and sell them buyer to collect for like 20-25 bucks. much more profitable than bitcoin mining. its like irl lootboxes since you dont know if the drive will be like 160gb or 1tb
You can sometimes get shit loads of them too if you find a business that's closing down and offer to buy them.