Reactions: List

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
took them long enough to get the stream running lmao

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
having played a couple hours of it, it's actually really fucking good, and it's F2P so you don't even have to risk buying something you won't like

don't go into it expecting a titanfall 2 sequel, approach it like a spinoff game, such as halo wars is to the main halo games etc, and you'll probably have a lot of fun with it

pros:
  • the movement is still very fluid and satisfying despite not being as complex as titanfall
  • no fall damage, which makes jumping from big cliffs a viable tactic
  • no pay-to-win at all, only microtransactions are cosmetics
  • no duplicate items in drops, guaranteed a new item each time
  • 100% guaranteed to get a legendary item at least once every 30 drops
  • gunplay seems very solid overall, each gun feels distinct and satisfying to shoot
  • rounds are short enough that it makes dying less impactful
  • the class system is executed very well from what i've seen
  • there's a respawn mechanic, which is unorthodox for a BR but makes the game less frustrating imo
  • has an option to use text-to-speech on team chat, if you get matched with people without mics
  • has an option to use speech-to-text on team voice, which i've never seen in any game before
  • the ping system is super easy to use and allows very fast communication even without mics
  • i found an easter egg in the training level

cons:
  • no wallrunning or double jumping, though you can still wall climb, slide, and zipline
  • there seems to be a bit too much of a gap between low-tier and high-tier weapons, which makes reversals harder
  • the grenade and item wheels are a bit clunky, they could be executed better
  • some ultimate abilities are straight-up better than others, the most glaring example being two airstrike abilities, but one of them is more concentrated and immediate, which makes it far more effective
  • arc stars seem a bit underpowered, making them a lot less useful than thermite or frags
  • there's no solo or 2s, just 3s, which you can argue is intentional to promote teamplay between classes
  • melee doesn't do enough damage for my taste, only 30 dmg vs potentially 100 health 100 shield
  • shield batteries don't drop frequently enough, and shield canisters are used too quickly, making shield batteries useless
  • EA is still the publisher, so there's a moral dilemma between buying cosmetics to support respawn and giving EA a cut, or giving the finger to EA but hurting respawn in the process

TL;DR:
Worth a play in my eyes. Movement isn't as complex as TF|2 but is still fluid and fun. Gunplay is great. No pay-to-win, no duplicate drops, guaranteed legendaries. A few minor rough edges, needs a patch or two. Unique enough from other BR games that I prefer it to anything else on the market currently.

Reactions: List

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Actually pretty fun, they at least kept the titanfall slides and some guns and it works so well, very nice voice acting and good gameplay kinda sad they wasted the chance of a real TF2 BR, but it’s pretty lit, and if any of you wanna play hit me up! Although I ain’t the best yet!

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Is it on steam or anything? Willing to try it out

Deleted member 2925

pilotbland's best friend
HL2 RP Server Director
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I won the first game I played.

It’s p fun, I like the slide mechanics n shit but I think a double jump and wall run would be really cool.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I won the first game I played.

It’s p fun, I like the slide mechanics n shit but I think a double jump and wall run would be really cool.

I hope they add a character like that, cause we have the robot with the grappling kit that is pretty neat, although it is pretty short they should make it longer, I usually play as Mirage cause he is hilarious and I love his ability.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I rather they got some more fame to maybe actually you know upkeep the next titanfall instead of it dying in a week. Cause man I loved that game but it died super fast. It's a damn shame.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Just got the EPIC Victory Ro- I won, I like the fact that this game pings system is so good my team didn't even speak a word but we communicated SO WELL, it's actually impressive, and all with a single mouse wheel. Really good tools that respawn put in this.

unknown.png

^
2 random players