ArmA 3 - Community Operation GUARD_DOWN

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
NORTHGATE PRESENTS
AN ARMA 3 COMBINE OVERWATCH OPERATION
This thread is nothing official - it's hosted and made by me, and is not related to the HL2RP lore.

66NRRSG.png

OPERATION GUARD DOWN

Overwatch Reaction Force | ORF

CITY 76 | WASHINGTON D.C. faces a major catastrophe, after an unidentified source caused major equipment failure through an EMP. Sector 1 Overwatch has gone offline, and control over various cities is lost or fractured.
Source of incident must be identified. Status of Civil Protection delegates and Citizens are unknown.

ORF DISPATCHED TO LOCATION --- EXPEDITE

PRIMARY OBJECTIVE

IDENTIFY source of incident
NEUTRALIZE active threats

SECONDARY OBJECTIVE

ESTABLISH CONTACT with local assets
EVACUATE assets

hLTy7BA.png

I N F O R M A T I O N S
G A M E:
ArmA 3

S E R V E R:

T. B. A. (TO BE ANNOUNCED)
K E Y W O R D S:
HALF LIFE 2
COMBINE OVERWATCH
COOPERATIVE GAMEPLAY
PLAYER VS ENVIRONMENT

S L O T S:

32 (maximum)

T Y P E:

SEMI-CASUAL
OPEN FOR ALL
SIGN-UP REQUIRED

M O D S:

~ 2.6 GB (without CUP and JSRS
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...4981715005/GUARD_DOWN_v2_Cumbeans_Preset.html

D A T E:

T. B. A.

As various nebuloids like myself play Arma 3, I thought of making an operation for the community, where we play as Combine Overwatch.

Due to my style of operations, the mission should be very welcoming to newcomers and experienced players alike - don’t be shy to join.​

This operation is primarily an experiment. If this goes well, I will continue developing smaller missions for nebulous, so the community can get together for cool game nights on Arma.

FAQ

Is ArmA 3 worth purchasing if I don’t own it yet?
Yes, ArmA 3 is a very solid game and has many communities which are quite fun to be around with. I advise sticking with a group though, alone on Arma is very boring.
Can I join when I’m very new to the game?
Yes. The operation is intentionally made to use simplified systems to be simple and fun to play on.​
Will there be a story?
I’ll attempt to create an interesting storyline, although my focus will be on atmosphere and gameplay.​

Will I need to prepare anything?
No, you only have to sign up and then join. If you sign up, you’ll be added to a steam group, from which future operations will also be coordinated from.​

How do I import a modlist?
How can I join?
Further details are down below.
How do I install TFAR?

IaYGuxo.png

JOINING OPERATION GUARD DOWN
High Command (1/1)
SUNSHADE - @Northgate

Squad Leaders (2/2)
LEADER 1 - @FreeSpy443
LEADER 2 - @Nick
Team Leaders (6/6)
LEADER 3 - @Laura
LEADER 4 - @Verräterpackaging
LEADER 5 - @Pyromaniac
LEADER 6 - @afric
LEADER 7- @JOHNNY.HOMICIDE_33
LEADER 8 @Oxy[Morons]

Operatives (13/24)
OPERATIVE 1 - @Andrew
OPERATIVE 2 - @SleepyMode
OPERATIVE 3 - @OneClassyBanana
OPERATIVE 4 - @Cherokeedog
OPERATIVE 5 - @Mic15000
OPERATIVE 6 - @Civil Protection
OPERATIVE 7 - @Chains
OPERATIVE 8 - @Anthrax_PL
OPERATIVE 9 - @Tyrone
OPERATIVE 10 - @Ond
OPERATIVE 11 - @Earthnov
OPERATIVE 12 - @cns - he/him/his
OPERATIVE 13 - @vtipoman
OPERATIVE 14 - @GenericPlayer
OPERATIVE 15 - @Rod
OPERATIVE 16 - @maxi
OPERATIVE 17 -
@Trains

Players will be split up in-game, dependant on player count. Signing up will not force you to join, except if you're a Squad Leader.

Team Leaders can jump in as Squad Leaders if necessary - just in case you are willing to play as one if one of the SLs is unable to play or if we need another squad.
Horizontal-Line-Transparent-Background.png

CURRENT NEWS

Test Operation - 12/06/2021

The test operation will take place on Saturday, the 12th June 2021 at 17:30 BST. The test operation will test:​
  • Functioning of assets, mods etcetera​
  • FPS / Gameplay balance​
  • Loadouts​

Main Operation - TBA

Feel free to ask any questions, or discuss the operation below. Also, sign up below.

Last edited:

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
Good fun, was going to pickup that new DLC anyways. Makes two reasons to install arma 3 again.
Count me in.

Reactions: List

Northgate

HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
UPDATE

Added 6 Team Leader positions.
Added 4 Operative positions.
Team Leaders are basically Squad Leader "junior", who can jump in and take a squad if necessary (in case the Squad Leader has to go, or if another squad is needed). This role has no special ability beyond making you look based.

Northgate

HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Update:

Thanks @FreeSpy443 for letting me know! Keep in mind, you don't need to attend the test operation to attend the main. The purpose of the test operation is to simply check loadouts, mods and FPS. Exact time will be announced when ready.

If you know anyone on nebulous who plays Arma, feel free to show them this thread - the more, the merrier :)

Northgate

HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
ye das cool
im american and work til 3 usually so it's up in the air possibly but i don't care