Accepted ascended penguin metagaming

Discussion in 'Ban Requests' started by Helupiarz, Sep 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helupiarz

Helupiarz Molecule

Nebulae:
    Your Steam Name: Helupiarz
    Character name: Chung Ho 'Ling Three' Khac

Rulebreaker Steam Name: 자폐증바나나 [​IMG]@ascended penguin (on forums)
    Rulebreaker Steam ID:STEAM_0:1:79028957

Reason for Request: Metagaming, OOC seek of revenge as motive in IC actions, trying to influence RP by spamming friend's steam, trying to force him to help him out ICly, when he was being PKed, maybe even more.

Time of Occurrence: All of this happened between (I'm not 100% sure, but I will look into things if asked) 26/09-28/09

Evidence: So everything started when me and my friend @Dr Heckyll were hanging around our hood. We met his character Jeff and threw out of 5th floor for being a snitch. He was stalling as much as he could (typing, or rather not typing at all, as after five minutes I told @Uranio to PK him as it was really annoying).
    The next thing, I hear is my friend telling me how salty he got over steam and how he was trying to influence his IC actions to save his life (I don't remember his forum name, but I will find him and tell him to add all evidence he has). I ignored it as I thought 'well... he is a new player, I remember how salty I was when my first char got PKed'. But it didn't stop on this, he made new character and came to our hood again, talking about his Jeff and how Jeff, his friend died. I didn't check his name for first. So told him, that Jeff had flying contest. He instantly told us that he will report us. Then I found out that it's the same person OOCly, so asked in LOOC 'What the fuck are you doing'. He kinda stepped back but another thing I see is him going around our hood, reporting our group everytime he has possibly an opportunity. He almost got my whole crew PKed yesterday (@Numbers was on his CP) but they played it out well and didn't got PK.
    Any additional members involved: @ascended penguin

2. Dr Heckyll

Dr Heckyll Atom

Nebulae:
    His 2nd character is Logan Something. I'm fairly sure my arrest and imprisonment resulted from him calling the cops on an altercation going on in the Crack Attic (Westside apartment attic). The problem with this arrest, however:
    • @Macho 's character blocked the Attic doorway with file cabinets. This is of course, suspicious, but it wouldn't allow anyone to access the attic, or to really hear into the events up there
    • No one was yelling in the attic or shouting for help untill we could hear the CPs at the stairs themselves
    • There really was no indication something was happening in the attic from an outside perspective.
    • Our only IC interaction with Logan was spying on him, although ICly we had conversed only in Union friendly tones. He could not possibly infer an underlying malicious intent. @Simplest of the Simpler was present for this.
    This, in my opinion at least, indicates levels of metagaming for the purposes of OOC revenge, as his 2nd character Logan could not possibly be aware of the extent of our activities what with him being new to the city and all.

I'm still under investigation locked up in the Nexus, I think it would be worthwhile anyways to see where it goes before deciding if any rules were broken though.

3. Macho

Macho Atom

Nebulae:
    I placed the file cabinets behind the door. The door opens inwards (into the attic) and not outwards so ICLY the door would only open slightly before being blocked by the cabinets. I'm not sure who this was but someone apparently opened door outwards and later ran of when he saw the file cabinets blocking the door but ICLY the door wouldn't have opened outwards so the cabinets would have revealed themselves. I'm guessing the person who ran off also called the cops but I'm not 100% sure.

4. Helupiarz

Helupiarz Molecule

Nebulae:
    I mean, it's not about this one situation. It's about him trying to fucks us over all the time because of OOC seek of revenge and by putting OOC knowledge to IC.

5. Simplest of the Simpler

Nebulae:
    Right I got tagged here by Dr Heckyll (who I believe is to be my IC friend Aibek Omarov). I'm going to give my two cents because I was involved with both the PK of Jeff Marshall (not by fighting but keeping watch that is) and with the new character that he made after his PK got denied, Logan Samaroo (I do not know his last name IC, I took this OOC because of how scoreboard works and to answer @Dr Heckyll question above).

First and foremost, I will upload the screenshots of how my steam friend tried to get me to do things IC'ly and convincing me to abandon my post. Note that this is one of @Helupiarz reasons for metagaming (trying to influence RP by spamming friend's steam). If you want to follow more closely with what actually happened while we were doing the conversation over steam (which sort of explains why he kept pausing and stalling rp unless him eating is true) I will include this link to his denied Pk appeal for Jeff Marshall because my post shows the logs that occurred (from him throwing the request device to me to him trying to desperately get me to save his ass and use the request device that I put in my pocket). I apologize if some of the chat from me is not very good grammar (for example when he asked if I would help him with his appeal, I meant to say I can't because there is nothing I can do to help for him, not against).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I put the last screenshot up because it's obvious IC what he was trying to do according to this report and from my IC experience with him which I will underline below, I knew he is basically the new snitch in town.

The background of the new character, Logan Samaroo
    So I was the first of anyone to actually have a chance beforehand to interact with him and all that, which was yesterday. I seen this red jacket wearin' fella with a backpack slinged over I believe and we struck up a conversation after I went past the checkpoint into the east block (near the ruins of Yuri's bar :c and before the hanged CWU worker sign). He introduced himself and we had a pleasant conversation about the city going down the drain even more so than before (this is before the people's assembly suicide attack and everything after that so things were quiet). Moving on, after we had some nice IC rp, we headed back to the Plaza square because he told me he needed to tell CPs about "something". This is where I realized it was my steam friend and ex "Jeff Marshall" to which I PM'd him saying I didn't know it was him and that I liked the new char he made etc. Once Logan went to the CPs, I could see from a distance, him dropping a few items of contraband which he later claimed he found in the hotel nearby, glass...plastic...etc in large amounts. This is evident by the CP picking it them up (with animation and all). He then came back to me and stated his intention to get an armband and that he found contraband materials in the hotel, to which I started to IC give him advice on how to avoid making such obvious intentions to becoming a loyalist and that he could even be labeled an 'anti-citizen' if he keeps getting large amounts of contraband he found to turn in to the CPs. There was one CP unit who standing near us, naturally overheard the conversation and he proceeded to chastise Logan and give him some heat for trying to 'abuse' the system, in fact he even decided to search him in case Logan had anything suspicious. The last time I saw him afterwards was the CPs bringing him inside to the Nexus (past the ray shields) and I thought he was going to get more than just a beating.

Current situation until I logged off
    After the chaos that occurred with yesterday's events, we met Logan again whilst the boys and I (just a group of friends walking together and seeing what there is to do since we were bored) in the plaza square. We both exchanged pleasant, polite conversations about current affairs and what he missed that occurred in the City. From what I gathered, Aibek Omarov already knew who Logan was and what he was capable of IC wise, you know snitching and all that. However there was literally zero malicious tone whatsoever in anyone's voice and only myself and Aibek were actually speaking to him actively (the other two with us were standing about) and this was all the while CPs were patrolling so we didn't even show any form of hiding (otherwise it would be suspicious if we did have malicious intentions, which we did not as there was no reason to be honest). Logan went back inside the hotel to change clothes (he got a black outfit with hood down instead of his red jacket before which we questioned if that was even allowed apparently). We convinced Logan to join us to inspect the crashed sector administrator's helicopter at West block. Whilst we were there, CWU warehouse got a small explosion and we all ran to the attic to hide ourselves out of fear obviously. Logan joined us too and we all started ranting and expressing our distaste for how the Rebels started attacking the West side now and could even target the UM next since CWU was targeted. Logan left the attic because he told us he needed to "check on my friend". Once this occurred and after a few more minutes of us exchanging remarks and getting one of our guys to spawn some lights to make the attic brighter, I told everyone IC and ooc that I was going to hit the bathtub for a snooze (logging off).

That's all I got so far as I know in terms of Logan or the situation up to this point. I will show a few screenies to back up my statement but there would have been no way that Logan could possibly have been Jeff Marshall's friend somehow (if he only got transferred to the City so recently after Jeff's death) and I wouldn't possibly think that his new character would immediately begin to somehow get an understanding of what Ling's group is doing and start to get them all PK'd as @Helupiarz mentioned.

[​IMG]
    The above is Logan (red jacket with CPs) reporting about his findings of contraband as he told me, whilst I was waiting for him to return.
    [​IMG]
    The above is us seeing Logan come back from the hotel building, him donning the new outift with hood down in description. Eventually we all decided to go and see the helicopter crash site in West block out of boredom and interest for him.
    [​IMG]
    The above are console logs showing the first set of explosion on the CWU warehouse. I will follow up with second screenshot to display in-game.
    [​IMG]
    This above is the second screenshot to represent how it looked like in-game.

[​IMG]
    Final screenshot I got of our group with Logan whilst the second describe was made on the other, larger explosion. We fearoleplayed and ran to the attic all together to wait it out.
    [​IMG]
    Logan stating he needed to leave (followed by me eventually logging off after five-ten minutes I believe).

In conclusion to all of this however, I don't know what happened IC besides checking forums to see that some sort of investigation happened and that some of my friends got killed because of it and all which is sad but I am here to only give my two cents as much as I can on what happened and if it were me, all of this does seem very suspicious that he is still sort of angry deep down that his favorite character got killed off and made a very similar archetype one (even said he was friends with Jeff) to get back at the group I bet. This is all speculation but that could mean there really was a lot of metagaming going on since everything was done in closed doors (even the fight with Jeff Marshall).

Please let me know if you need more information and especially if there is something I shouldn't have put here since I am sort of new to forum posting besides just lurking for a year. :grinning:

6. Helupiarz

Helupiarz Molecule

Nebulae:
    "My char is spy for CPs", lmao. I wonder how much shit he actually caused by seek of OOC revenge.

7. Tzula

Tzula Molecule
    HL2 RP Operator

Nebulae:
  8. ascended penguin

ascended penguin Neutrino
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Im not actually a spy as in the role, IC im stuck up and selfish and since i got one request to spy on rebels ofc he'd be willing to brag about it.
    Merged:
    I did hear screams and other stuff, though this was from yesterday, this is gonna sound weird but I cant remember what it was that i heard(it was around 11 pm, I was tired.) I would show screenshots but I dont have any as I didnt expect for someone to appeal for this.
    Merged:
    Most of what i said to you in the chat was satire. The items were not in large amounts either, it was around three pieces of glass and a piece of plastic I believe.

#8 ascended penguin, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  9. ascended penguin

Premium Member

Nebulae:
    We agreed to voiding the entire thing about when i came up to you after making my character. I almost got you PKed yesterday because i heard you attacking someone so I called cps, it had nothing to with Jeff(my other char). I explained in the game why i was stalling in LOOC and in the chat with Simplest Of The Simpler. I can admit that It was a bad idea for asking him to try to save my char, but that char is dead now and asking him to help didnt affect you or me in any way.

10. Helupiarz

Helupiarz Molecule

Nebulae:
    I broke rules but it's past so it doesn't matter now, right ;---d ? Especially as you did it on purpose and you have clear OOC motive behind your actions.

11. Helupiarz

Helupiarz Molecule

Nebulae:
  12. Helupiarz

Helupiarz Molecule

Nebulae:
    @Evil stop stalling, react please

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. ascended penguin

Premium Member

Nebulae:
    How was my actions OOC motivated? I literally heard you assaulting a woman up there. It had no OOC motives whatsoever.

#13 ascended penguin, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2018 at 10:45 PM
  14. Helupiarz

Helupiarz Molecule

Nebulae:
    Woah, I guess it doesn't matter. Thanks guys for quick reply.

15. DoubleD

DoubleD `impulse-approved
    Moderator HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    After reviewing the situation carefully over a period of time, I have concluded that @ascended penguin did indeed break the rules, and thus will receive a 3 day ban for those actions. The main reason for the ban are these logs:
    Trying to sway people over steam to metagame is not allowed. Also, I took particular interest in the last log - "I am a spy for the CP's now" which implies that you had intent to get back at the group on your new character.

I apologize for the long wait. I thought another Ban Appeal/Request manager was going to handle it, but alas.

Accepted and locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice