Serious ASMR

• Thread starter Deleted member 2011
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2011

You may or may not know about ASMR. If you do, I imagine you find it silly or something that you might not enjoy. If you have never heard of ASMR, here's a stock definition of what it is.

Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) is a term used for an experience characterized by a static-like or tingling sensation on the skin that typically begins on the scalp and moves down the back of the neck and upper spine. It has been compared with auditory-tactile synesthesia.

Or in more basic terms, you ever hear a noise or watch a video and you get a relaxing shiver up your back? That's ASMR. Over the years it has gained quite the popularity and I find it interesting on how it has a connection to the gaming scene. Here are some typical examples of some ASMR videos you can find on youtube. I'll put in a mix of something for both males and females.

And here are some related to gaming which I found quite interesting. In doing a bit of looking you can find ASMR videos on almost anything. I like to watch these videos cause they help me sleep and help me out after a stressful day, but some may use them for other reasons such as to help with anxiety or what not.

What do you guys think about ASMR?

Do you use it yourself?

What are your thoughts?

NightLock

LightKey's Evil twin
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I love ASMR, I listen to it whenever I hop into bed, and it's a very calming way to help me with my brain not wanting to sleep, as I am not a fan of just popping some pills to make my problems go away. It's a very nice concept to me, and although I don't get many 'tingles' normally, it still makes me basically pass out. For anyone who has troubles sleeping or relaxing, look into various channels on YouTube, there will be an ASMR channel for you :D

keiiou

I asked to be banned
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I actually quite enjoy it, especially ephemeral rift. He's such a unique guy and always delivers new and interesting concepts in his videos.

Reactions: List

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Premium Member
Nebulae
I kinda enjoy it, true there are some that are weird as fuck but I mean just don't watch the weird ones - There's very good ones out there. I use them as a way to relax before going to sleep, since otherwise I wouldn't be able to fall asleep before 2 hours have passed.

zigbomb

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
lovely to see your mother is still doing well with her youtube content, i hope she has more videos coming soon
Thank you, we're still working on ASMR videos. You can find us at her thread on this forum website.
[doublepost=1508409352][/doublepost]
lovely to see your mother is still doing well with her youtube content, i hope she has more videos coming soon
My uncle is working on stuff too!
Fuck Danny Green....

Luxury

your neighborhood humanist
Nebulae
I'd say that ASMR is quite intriguing to say the least.

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae
idk i dont get all this whispering stuff

but hoover sounds (????) do it for me and always had since i was a kid and i have zero idea why

zigbomb

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
idk i dont get all this whispering stuff

but hoover sounds (????) do it for me and always had since i was a kid and i have zero idea why
bingbingbongbong.jpeg