Aspect's Development Adventures

Aspect™

Proton
Nebulae
I don't usually post here a lot, but I figured I would make this thread to gather more feedback from people on the things I make.
I like programming and game development, so that's what I've decided to do most days of the week. That is usually Garry's Mod stuff, but sometimes I do things outside of that, like in S&Box.
The things I make in Garry's Mod are mostly for HL2RP, but I sometimes also do other things, like making my own custom gamemodes, for example.

I'll be posting a bunch of things that I work on - do feel free to give any sort of feedback if you wish, I'd very much appreciate it!

Reactions: List

Aspect™

Proton
Nebulae
So, for a while now I've been working on remaking a standalone game, HackNet, into Garry's Mod as a Multi-Player Open-World PvP gamemode. Progress has been very good, and there are a lot of things to do still, but it's slowly taking shape and looking closer to the real thing every week.

Here are some media of the latest progress:

Random junk files from http://bash.org
unknown.png

unknown.png

There's a lot more stuff that I could show, but a lot of it is outdated so I'd rather not. If you want to see more or learn more information about the project, feel free to join the Discord!

Aspect™

Proton
Nebulae
This one is relatively recent: I've been wanting to play industrial_district for a while now but I never got around to it. This week I did, and I discovered there are more _district maps, so I played those too. Despite their somewhat archaic nature and mechanics, I loved all of them and all the edgy humor that came with them.

They kind of inspired me to play around with the idea of a similar map/gamemode, based on Helix, and so that's what I've been doing the last two days or so. I'm unsure if I'll ever finish it, considering the things I have on my plate, but it's still fun to mess around with nonetheless.

Aspect™

Proton
Nebulae
I've been working on a gamemode for s&box for a short while now - it's essentially a re-creation of some ancient flash game where you went around in a UFO and abducted people.

It's still very rough around the edges and all the models are placeholders that I made using hammer geometry, but the base gameplay mechanics are there.

Aspect™

Proton
Nebulae
So for a while now I've been working on this Administration Plugin - Originally created as a personal tool for my own server, Squadron has now evolved into something bigger than I ever anticipated. Obviously, I could have used any of the other Administration Addons, like ULX, SAM, ServerGuard, etc. However, they all had issues. Some were conflicting with Helix, others were bloated with features I did not need or were lacking features I wanted, some had a bad reputation, and others costed money. So I took it upon myself to make my own administration solution which only contained useful features for a SeriousRP server, no bloat, and one that integrated with Helix like a glove. Finally, after a long time of procrastinating, it is complete.

VPdifds.png
dXdgp7V.png
hTZnETK.png
sZ8dP8A.png
cAwJiWj.png
60wmnP5.png
ixqrodl.png
6ke80AI.png
kgwUR0b.png
IRB7ibs.png

Overall I'm happy with how it turned out and I'm glad that it's finally complete.

Aspect™

Proton
Nebulae
As part of a Devjam on HL2RP Hub, I recreated the Combine Assistant plugin by Blt950. While not an entirely accurate copy of the original plugin, it adds several useful features for Combine factions, and I plan to improve it at some point when I get the chance and add some more things to it. It also has built-in support for the CTO (Combine Technology Overlay) plugin, and adds a few more features if it is installed.