News Awakening - Coronation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe

Molecule
Nebulae
To be honest, I was thinking it was a normal CAB speach, I didnt expect this to be the event, I mean it felt kinda like a thing to show off, like the synth. Me and some of the people that were in my channel just felt there was something else to happen, guess it was good for the three CAB member that took the active part?
People were thinking this was the buildup, rather then the event

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
A little underwhelming and as some others pointed out, felt the finale didn't tie into the previous events.

Like I get it, it'd be silly if your characters saw all the events from start to finish- but as a player who attended I think most of the events, two linked up cause one was cause, other was effect of cops and the missing senator-

but the finale was just meh? I like the super synth, i guess. just the writing wasn't pieced together well.

Reactions: List

shit

Atom
Nebulae
I dunno frankly, this just makes me think we're beyond the stage of people being able to have any sort of passive wrapup to anything.

If its not action, its bad.
It were just cab speeches- Theyre barely interesting, honestly.

jb

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I dunno frankly, this just makes me think we're beyond the stage of people being able to have any sort of passive wrapup to anything.

Rabid, the wrap-up was an hour of people doing /broadcast. No one is against passive RP, but when a week-long event is tied up with an underwhelming, anticlimactic series of CAB speeches, well...

Gabe

Molecule
Nebulae

I disagree, its understandable due to the fact that CAB do so many speeches that people get sick of them. I mean think about it, I concider this to be a normal CAB speech with a simple twist, nothing more to it.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae

I didn't ask for blacksuit storm of the plaza tossing nades into the encasement. I'm an advocate for passive as much as the next guy, just feel like even the passive didn't even tie with the action.

Finale should be laden with the downtime... I dunno, of the past days?

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Seems like this stuff should have been a build up to a 120 slotter rather than the main 120 slotter

TinPan

Needs to blow his nose
Nebulae
Rabid, the wrap-up was an hour of people doing /broadcast. No one is against passive RP, but when a week-long event is tied up with an underwhelming, anticlimactic series of CAB speeches, well...
I mean, bear in mind this was an experimental format of event that we went into. We've always followed a clear-cut formula in the past and we wanted to vary it up through each faction getting their own slot and have an ending that progressed the whole servers story rather than be action-packed with a map change at the end.

People have asked us for ages to have an overarching story that progresses the server, and as far as I'm concerned we delivered well on that front.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
And? Why is that a problem? Its literally better advancement that trying to deal with a group of people who frankly spent most of the end of their event yelling about ammo lol - you wonder why people get put off trying to set this shit up for that half?

Catering for rebels is fucking difficult, and thats the case for every single big event. If it doesn't have shooting and they can't directly influence it its a bad event.

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
And? Why is that a problem? Its literally better advancement that trying to deal with a group of people who frankly spent most of the end of their event yelling about ammo lol - you wonder why people get put off trying to set this shit up for that half?

Catering for rebels is fucking difficult, and thats the case for every single big event. If it doesn't have shooting and they can't directly influence it its a bad event.

I don't agree with people's behaviors during the event, but maybe if making the damn thing such a lucrative rarity for the sake of 'balance' or 'making new things' even though people have been saying this is the most underwhelming hint of resistance for the past ten months, yeah.

You'll get complaints, you'll source every fucking complaint right down to their own mechanics they're forcefeeding down our throat since the start of Helix if you include an event with /me shoots, which you do-- it's gonna suck my soul out wasting ammo I spent so much on getting.*

Gabe

Molecule
Nebulae
Maybe you people need to re-think/play the rebel side to understand it a bit more come to think of it, cause you dont need to shoot in order to do stuff and have fun and we know that, its just that in events there isn't a lot of options given to rebels unless they directly go and ask for them. Examples given, the last 110 slotter after the 2-3rd day.
Look at old events were, examples, Bitter lake, White forrest, Contact 5, learn from that.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I don't agree with people's behaviors during the event, but maybe if making the damn thing such a lucrative rarity for the sake of 'balance' or 'making new things' even though people have been saying this is the most underwhelming hint of resistance for the past ten months, yeah.

You'll get complaints, you'll source every fucking complaint right down to their own mechanics they're forcefeeding down our throat since the start of Helix if you include an event with /me shoots, which you do-- it's gonna suck my soul out wasting ammo I spent so much on getting.*
And if you don't you get complaints because it wasn't action-packed. Thats literally been every single event so far - passive wasn't good enough.

Maybe you people need to re-think/play the rebel side to understand it a bit more come to think of it, cause you dont need to shoot in order to do stuff and we know that, its just that in events there isn't a lot of options given to rebels unless they directly go and ask for them. Examples given, the last 110 slotter after the 2-3rd day.
Look at old events were, examples, Bitter lake, White forrest, Contact 5, learn from that.
You mean the rebel focused events? Which they were. Every other event was reliant on people having shit to do all day every day, most of which involved shooting.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
You mean mostly combat oriented events

I'm not doing combat oriented events

I don't find them creatively fufilling, I don't enjoy the hassle of having staff needing to constantly give out guns and ammo and I certainly don't enjoy trying to tell a story when everyone's running around trying to get higher on game tracker

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
rebel events can litterally be everything but it seems most of the dudes running big events aimlock the "PARAMILITARY GUERILLA KILLER MEN" theme of the faction

men just want a rebel congress in the paris catacombs

Gabe

Molecule
Nebulae
You mean the rebel focused events? Which they were. Every other event was reliant on people having shit to do all day every day, most of which involved shooting.
Not the rebel focused events, more of rebels being in it and doing objectives. Look at Heavy snow, BAF had side hidden objectives to do that influenced stuff that happened around the event, im looking at the assasination of a CAB member inside the conscript base and stealing classified documments. Hell even if you guys do a normal event with the union and get rebels to blend in with the civilian population with set objectives that can be fun. Its just sad that it doesn't happen.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
rebel events can litterally be everything but it seems most of the dudes running big events aimlock the "PARAMILITARY GUERILLA KILLER MEN" theme of the faction

men just want a rebel congress in the paris catacombs
Because thats really all people seem to get interested in, Afric. Look at the majority of 100 slotters; the past two got complaints for being mostly passive and people getting by.

Look at the only part of the event where people got downright disrespectful and OOCly shitty - it was when people threatened to quit in LOOC if they didn't get ammo.

Not the rebel focused events, more of rebels being in it and doing objectives. Look at Heavy snow, BAF had side hidden objectives to do that influenced stuff that happened around the event, im looking at the assasination of a CAB member inside the conscript base and stealing classified documments. Hell even if you guys do a normal event with the union and get rebels to blend in with the civilian population with set objectives that can be fun. Its just sad that it doesn't happen.
The point stands though - are you telling me nobody thought to flag up on their rebel and scope out the political scene to report back in this finale? Or consider that there's a Senator captured (admittedly off-screen) that can tie into future events?

jb

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae

Doesn't change the fact that this was an anticlimactic, boring end to a week of "build up".

btw I main CAB and a rank 00 CP. Even if there was combat, I wouldn't be a part of it.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
All the events you listed were primarily resistance oriented

Bitter lake - literally had no cops in it until the very end
Contact V - started as rebel v rebel v cop, turned into rebel v cop: the event until part 2 which was then half city rp half combat

White Forest - rebels v combine: the event

I'm not going to shit on those events, they were good and I don't devalue anything of them; but they were all primarily combat centric events with nlrs, entity weapons and a heavy lean on the rebel side

I do not find combat centric events fun to run, they are a fucking pain in the ass, especially in helix.

Doesn't change the fact that this was an anticlimactic, boring end to a week of "build up".
lol ok

Status
Not open for further replies.