Back 4 Blood

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
Game is a disappointment, still wanted to make a thread though.

From someone who plays L4D2 versus campaigns nearly every week with friends, the game is just terrible.

The gunplay is trash. You can't tell the difference between a pistol and an AK.
The hordes are lackluster.
There's no campaign versus and they said they aren't making one.
The survival versus takes forever to set up and can only last UP to 5 minutes instead of what we see in L4D2.
The campaign is boring.
The card system is confusing and invasive as fuck.

Share thoughts if you want.

B4B hordes: we are sending 10 zombies your way : )
L4D2 hordes:

Reactions: List

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Premium Member
Nebulae
i actually like the cards and random level modifiers (ie fog, stronger zombies, etc) - seems like a cool way to expand on lfd2s level/item spawn rng

everything about the game does feel clunkier though, feels like it takes forever inbetween saferooms

also the division-esque gun stat system sucks ass

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Left for dead two
image0.gif

Jaydawg

Loves QA testing
Head Staff
Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
Game is a disappointment, still wanted to make a thread though.

From someone who plays L4D2 versus campaigns nearly every week with friends, the game is just terrible.

The gunplay is trash. You can't tell the difference between a pistol and an AK.
The hordes are lackluster.
There's no campaign versus and they said they aren't making one.
The survival versus takes forever to set up and can only last UP to 5 minutes instead of what we see in L4D2.
The campaign is boring.
The card system is confusing and invasive as fuck.

Share thoughts if you want.

B4B hordes: we are sending 10 zombies your way : )
L4D2 hordes:

Card system is dogshit - I don't know who comes up with these ideas, but L4D2 was great because it was simple, no need for a 'meta' or anything, pick a difficulty and fight from 'A to B'.

The card system just adds a whole 'meta' to "Oh, I need x, y, z to fight on these difficulties." You try playing the harder diffiulties and not getting pummled because it spawns 9 super mutants in the first 30 seconds of the game... lol

Also, disappointing ending to acts- Just some particle effects, woooooooah!

Guns are also shit, for some reason if you double tap left click, it fires your gun 3 times even when it shouldn't... HELLO?

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
Card system is dogshit - I don't know who comes up with these ideas, but L4D2 was great because it was simple, no need for a 'meta' or anything, pick a difficulty and fight from 'A to B'.

The card system just adds a whole 'meta' to "Oh, I need x, y, z to fight on these difficulties." You try playing the harder diffiulties and not getting pummled because it spawns 9 super mutants in the first 30 seconds of the game... lol

Guns are also shit, for some reason if you double tap left click, it fires your gun 3 times even when it shouldn't... HELLO?
The Card System is very intrusive, like dawg let me just play the game. I don’t wanna spend 15 minutes picking a card meta.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae

The Card System is very intrusive, like dawg let me just play the game. I don’t wanna spend 15 minutes picking a card meta.
The L4D games were so great because you could just pick them up and play them

The mechanics are extremely straight forward and easy to understand, the gameplay is varied by the AI director and the maps themselves having slight variation if I remember correctly - like I think L4D2 has alternating paths that can spawn.

I've also heard that the special zombies are annoying as fuck and not clearly indicated whereas in L4D/L4D2 - they have:
  • Their own unique SPAWN sound ques
  • They have extremely distinct models from one another and to distinquish them from commons at a glance (The hunter is the only one that can pass as a common and even then there's no commons that wear hoodies).
  • They all have unique SOUND ques (Hunter's growling, Smoker coughing, Jockey's giggling)
L4D might be simplistic but it's also really tightly designed, I don't know what they're thinking when they bloat the game with shit like cards and can't figure out how to do special zombies right

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
L4D2 is one of those games that seem very simple on the surface but have an insane learning curve lol

the hidden mechanics are gnarly as fuck

this just looks like ass

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
valve really do nail the whole "easy to play, hard to master" gameplay

look at TF2, counter strike and l4d

this looks like it was front-loaded to be hard to get into and that will act against it

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
everyone saw it being terrible
turtle rock should've just made evolve 2.0 as a battle royale

Merlinsclaw

Risen From Ruins
Nebulae
L4D2 is an iconic game, and they've really missed out here. Campaign Versus has people coming back to it over a decade later and it still holds up. I love the game and it's a blast to play with friends. Like others have said it's a hard as fuck game and there's a great deal of variation.

B4B is going to be dead on arrival. Apparently the huge ass 'tank' monster is scripted too lol.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
imagine fumbling the bag this hard

literally isn't hard to do a good game

make cool ass maps

cool ass enemies with clearly defined purpose, ability and models

make cool ass but easy to figure out guns

make cool ass main cast

???

you have good game

this is shit

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
ngl the fact that the characters themselves give mechanical bonuses means that people will be forced to play shit characters just because it benefits their build