Information Ban Apology Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
What you are suggesting: The banning of "apology threads".
Why it would be worth adding: Because "apology threads" do nothing at all but stir extra drama that would have been solved anyway if said person just made a ban appeal / fucked off / be a better person and show their good will through their actions.

No one gives a shit about apology threads except to spout memes and/or cringey "oh ok ur cool now bcz u apologizeddd!!!".

Please STOP.

There are like seven of these threads now and it hasn't even been a month.

tumblr_o69vcav51h1t65ngco1_400.gif

@Blackquill
@RabidMaggot93
@Rictalspace

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
How about people stop acting like little kiddies so that there's not need to say sorry in the first place?
yes because i'm sure you've never made any rash decisions that merit apologies

not defending the threads btw i think they're cancer and i apologize over steam and shit if i need to, but "lol dont do bad things" doesn't exactly work

rocky

bonk gang
Nebulae
Apology threads make people feel better as they believe that they are finally making amends with the Community or certain individuals that they have inflicted unease to. However; I do agree that they do cause a lot of unneeded drama, especially when people come onto the threads with memes or un-serious comments which further upset the user posting them.

Apologies should be kept to PM either on the forums or steam, lets get rid of 'em boys.

Nebulae
90% of apology threads are bullshit and people only make them to look good, and then keep doing the things they shouldn't. I'd much prefer banning them and letting people show they've changed by their actions rather than typing a load of horse shit and getting lots of friendly ratings

like everyone else said, if you really honestly think you wronged someone and they deserve an apology, you should just message them over the forums or steam- a personal message would mean a lot more to me than a blanket apology

Mirukihoshi

internet therapist
Nebulae
If they're gonna make a fool of themselves and make themselves feel a bit better about themselves even though the apology fixed NOTHING, just let them. Yeah, they might cause stupid shit- but then when making an apology thread, just ask to have it locked? I'm not defending them, I think they're fucking stupid too- I'm just saying. Let them look like a loser in front of everyone else just so they feel slightly better about themself and fuck off.

Reactions: List
D

Deleted member 1381

Well, they do cause more drama, yeah, but I don't think it's doing that much damage that they should be banned. I mean if it does go into drama the posts can be deleted, right?

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
who even actually cares, it's really not a big deal - people make it a big deal for no reason

I think u should be banned from posting filthy frank gifs instead

Yeah can we do something about the filthy frank gifs they're fucking annoying

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
blame the assholes who look like this with their stupid beards, hair and earrings that look like dust caps, for these stupid threads(nearly everyone in england)
39e600ce35f19875583a89df56b44706.jpg

and this shit

hipster shitheads

Status
Not open for further replies.