Resolved Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Originaire, Jun 13, 2018 at 6:04 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Originaire

Originaire Quark

Nebulae:
    Your Steam Name: Originaire
    Your Steam ID (We use this to unban you): STEAM_1:0:84399375

Server: HL2RP
    Character Name (If Applicable): Bradd 'Josh' Eski
    Length: 4days

Admin Who Banned You (Tag them with @ before their name): I don't know

What were you banned for?: Rulebreaking (No /me while using the request device)
    Why Should You Be Unbanned?: I just read Deborah's KP appeal. It is false, she never mentioned the fact that I left for a moment to "eat" (for the report to the CP precisely), (verifiable in the logs). I didn't do /me because I was and I checked IC, alone. No one was around me, not even Deborah who remained in front of the forbidden zone. The /me would have had no impact. The ban duration is far too long for such a simple mistake(a futile mistake that wouldn't have changed anything), in comparison, mingepunchers or people who avoid the PK by disconnecting are banned 24/48 hours.
    Time of Occurrence: June 12, 2018
    Evidence: The moment when I went away IC to report Deborah is verifiable in the logs (I specified that I was going to eat and that I would be back soon)
    Any additional members involved: Deborah Kim

2. DonutGent

DonutGent Neutrino

Nebulae:
    I do agree this shouldn't be a ban for that long, maybe just 2 hours, but regarding the PK I was still in range with you, and had eyes on you. Enough of the PK here though, I do think the ban should be lifted.

3. Originaire

Originaire Quark

Nebulae:
    Actually you were still in front of the stairs (I looked at you as I walked away) and I made my /request behind the cabin, so no you couldn't have an eye on me. That is why the /me was completely useless in this situation.

4. DonutGent

DonutGent Neutrino

Nebulae:
    We were at gate, but once you went to eat, I did follow you. You stood in the entrance way of the entire cabin area, in clear view, while I was now on the tracks, after following you.
    Merged:
    Also you did, somewhat, admit to not using a /me by saying, "a simple mistake", so without evidence of where we were standing I don't think anything can be done. "I'm not trying to shut you down, just saying without proof of both of our locations, then we have a problem. I dont know what admins have access too, but if they can find it out, then by all means I want them too!"

#4 DonutGent, Jun 13, 2018 at 7:06 PM
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018 at 7:12 PM
  5. Originaire

Originaire Quark

Nebulae:
    You may have come all the way to the rails, but I stand by my words: I was behind the cabin, with an extremely restricted field of view that excludes even the rails. So the /me would NOT have changed. But this side there is unverifiable, what is sure in the meantime it is that you could not have done anything during my /request since as soon as I left this restricted field of view, you were already in front of the door leading to the staircase... So either you lie in bad faith, or there is a small problem.

For your last answer, you shouldn't be fooled to think that my IC character didn't make sure that you were right behind him during his request... I mentioned in the logs that I was going to eat (by definition I'm going away from you) then I do a /request (which was behind the cabin, out of your sight) if as you say you followed me and surprised me, in this case you should have done a /me explaining your action as what your character surprises mine doing his /request, and you didn't do it. Besides, you didn't even know about it, so as soon as I did my /request, I went out in front of the cabin and you were already in front of the stairs, waiting for me, not suspecting anything. I'm sorry but you're sinking, you couldn't do anything IC and you were PK legitimately.

I think we can already close the debate on this, let the admins do their job now.

6. DonutGent

DonutGent Neutrino

Nebulae:
    You did see me, because I was on the tracks, while you were standing in the gate way. Im getting repetitive here, so Im also going to let the staff decide where this should go, but you should've used a /me due to our distance. Dont let "a simple mistake" cause you to call me a liar, only to manipulate the truth to better benefit yourself. I also have brought into play, you body blocking the doors without a /me, and just standing there talking. IC I did yell at you, but you also failed to /me blocking the door, which are shown in logs. *I am not here to report the none /me on the doors, due to how minor it is, but I did want to bring it up to showcase your consistant "simple mistakes".
    Merged:

7. Originaire

Originaire Quark

Nebulae:
    It's starting to get off topic and boring, I probably know better than you the customs of a /me, I never wanted to block the door, I was just talking while you scream like a hungry monkey. Just a coincidence that my bodygroup was blocking yours.

8. DonutGent

DonutGent Neutrino

Nebulae:
    It was no coincidence from how small the doors are, and how more towards the stairs, you continued on the next gate. Its also not off-topic, because it shows that you cotinued to lack /mes. Dont start an argument, and consider it done when you dont want to defend anymore!

9. Originaire

Originaire Quark

Nebulae:
    You're harder on my Ban Appeal than your PK Appeal. Stop polluting this demand as if it were a primitive zoo, come in private discussion if you want to express anything of little interest. The only thing to do now is to wait for the verification of the logs which will prove on the one hand that you lied in your PK Appeal by not justifying that I had been absent a certain time (it already deserves an irrevocable PK of your character as well as a temporary ban to take the admins for idiots), the reason of my ban and your unPK is a /me, /me which will be decreed futile after verification, therefore my ban will not have a reason to be and your unPK also. What else do you want? Stop expressing your bad faith here and stop up this topic. You do what you want on your PK appeal if it can reassure you of your sad fate, but I would like to deal with relevant answers from competent people now.

10. TommyGman

TommyGman Starbucks guy
    HL2 RP Operator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    This isn't at all helping the ban appeal, both of you are just letting the argument from your PK thread spread into other subsections of the forums. Cut it out, get back on topic unless you'd rather wait even longer for a verdict.

11. Originaire

Originaire Quark

Nebulae:
    I totally agree with you, that's what I answered last, the guy comes up to pollute my appeal to protect his mediocre citizen who clearly deserved his PK, there's a time to stop taking people for buffaloes

12. TommyGman

TommyGman Starbucks guy

Nebulae:
    I genuinely meant it- Cut it out, you didn't at all need to respond to that, agree with me by not going against what I specifically stated in the post. Leaving the conversation on an attempted zinger barking on about 'mediocre citizen' and 'deserved his PK' is baiting him, you clearly don't at all agree with my message. Now, seriously, cut it out and let matters get back to the ban appeal.

13. DonutGent

DonutGent Neutrino

Nebulae:
    *I also think you should take respect into hand while talking with someone.* If my PK gets appealed, the person who died from his actions, then it should be lowered to 48-24hours, if the admins think the PK should stay, clean the ban completely.

14. TommyGman

TommyGman Starbucks guy

Nebulae:
    What you think doesn't matter, you're not involved, quit posting.

15. Originaire

Originaire Quark

Nebulae:
    Well, I understood my mistake, it will not happen again, I'll just ask you a reduction of time on my sentence, a few days if possible, so I could participate in Conflict, that's something I would really like, I'm sure you can understand, thank you, goodbye.

16. DoubleD

DoubleD `impulse-approved
    Moderator HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    To my understanding, you must do a /me of the request, no matter what. It doesn't matter if you think you're alone, you must do it.

17. DoubleD

DoubleD `impulse-approved
    Moderator HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    However, since this is your first ban - I will lower it down to 1 day as 4 days is a bit extreme. The validity of the PK is up to the respective managers (@Nicrobe)

Resolved and locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice