Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Frosty, Mar 20, 2021.

1. echs dee

echs dee Nucleus

Nebulae:
    by the way, need staff confirmation for this one
    isnt this meant to be your final ban?

2. Frosty

Frosty Schlong
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    What’s the point in having a proper tiered staff team aswell as a ban appeal section if Admins can ban people whenever they want without having to show the actual reasons why?

How many years has it been since you were staff? Not really sure how it makes you relevant to the appeal at all.

I’m not appealing this asking for another chance, I’m appealing it on the basis I did nothing wrong

3. Ond

Ond Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    We've banned lots of people in the past, because they've been toeing the lines of the rules or just being general annoyances despite them not breaking rules. This wouldn't be the first time

Not so long ago that I don't remember you and your pals being annoying as fuck to deal with

4. Frosty

Frosty Schlong
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Difference here is I was literally doing nothing while I got banned, Yurrie banned me for being in the same room as another char thinking they hadn’t met without checking that they’ve interacted for almost two years now which I’ve evidenced (as well as making up something about threatening people on the streets using throwaways which was just thrown in there which is which I’m asking for the entire IC logs to show that never happened.)

The metagang thing is also something Yurrie started months ago which was baseless too and I was never actually banned for since he couldn’t find anything to post on the ban request about it. Somehow this ban appeal became about the second part and not the actual reason I was banned though.

Also yes there was times years ago when I probably should have been permed especially 16/17 and at a stretch 18 but it’s honestly been years since I’ve actually been involved in any minging and basically every single person I played with back then doesn’t come on the server now other than Chleb.

5. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    Staff are going to assume the worst of you both when not only are you two literally never apart on server but you also have 5/6/7 almost identical black characters (with really weird names) you swap between frequently. Like Chleb literally got PK'd twice in one day (once by the cop and once by Deathwolf) and still had a character who magically knew yours ready to go that he instantly swapped to.

In the PK's you've both been involved in more time is spent log-chasing over "Well no, actually that was [BLACK CHARACTER] who was made before [BLACK CHARACTER] and is not in fact [BLACK CHARACTER] that knows [BLACK CHARACTER]" than dealing with specifics because the people who're involved literally can't tell your characters apart otherwise.

Like I know you may be sitting there frustrated but to be honest, your reputation was one you both built and one you don't seem to understand why that is - even when you started doing stuff like this back in 2016 when I was still having to ban you.

6. Señor Jaggles

Señor Jaggles PK Deputy, Certified Fun Killer
    Moderator HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I don't want to fuel the fire but mate I literally saw you guys together 90% of the time, and when your mate's char died he just flagged on a diff one and went straight to where you guys were

Like I get it you want the evidence of logs posted fair enough but as it's been said, there's just a limit to how far you can push things before things end up badly man.

7. Frosty

Frosty Schlong
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Just so you both know the stuff said about Chleb coming back on another char to me after he was PKed wasn’t true, it was me that went to him with the admin spectating to show that Deathwolf was following him around still even on a new char, like I posted the chat logs of me talking to the admin about this on it.

Most of what Rabid said is true because I use to go through loads of PK appeals and such but it’s just not the case anymore, like I’ve had one char die in almost two years now(7 or so months of playing ig) and that was a fair death that I didn’t appeal. Also yes 90% of the time I’m on the server I’m with Chleb because he’s the person I play this game with but we only interact on chars that know eachother and never meta for personal gain.

I understand admins assuming the worst because of my rep but not actually just checking the logs on the same day I was perm banned to see that what I was accused of didn’t actual happen is what the issue is for me.

8. Civil Protection

HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    I dont know man you should stop making it sound like there is a big "hrrr yurrie hates us, there is a big nebulous.cloud conspriacy against us hrr they want us gone!"

We perma banned people depending on what the admins saw before, it doesnt require proof, if it was like that, id have to unban 2 hackers i perma banned in the past becuase i banned them on what ive seen with no recording to proof. I also highly doubt yurrie hated you on the higgest level to want you gone

9. Frosty

Frosty Schlong
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I’ve never said anything about a conspiracy though and the only reason Yurrie is the one who keeps getting mentioned is bacause they happen to be the person who started the metagang thing and they were the person who perm banned us. I also don’t see any reason why Yurrie would hate us too lol my only guess would be they want to save face about not being able to find logs for the ban request. You have to realise that Yurrie posted on the initial ban request saying they’ve dealt with me before even though I’d never even spoken with them once which doesn’t half hint at the fact that they do want me banned.

10. Flanders

Flanders `impulse-approved
    HL2 RP Administrator Media Developer Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I'm neutral on this but I wanted to point something out:

Permabans are a bigger deal (obviously) than timed bans, and they fall under Blackquill's authority, not ban management. I feel really confident that if Blackquill thought something was going wrong here, he would have stepped in pages ago.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice