Serious Base Raids Feedback

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
Heyo. This is a thread to discuss our thoughts on the base raiding system and what transpired in the events that followed. Pls keep it civil.

Reactions: List

Hunk

Extraction Point
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
>rebels didnt flag on

>rebels spawned prop mines instead of calling staff (i told them to call staff) to activate the mines for them (they didnt activate themselves)

I WANTED TO HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
I am confused as to why the rebels seemed so underprepared
It was announced a day prior, paired with permitted metagame of the attack and 4 vorts on I was convinced this would be a really tough battle
What happened?

Nebulae
It was announced a day prior, paired with permitted metagame of the attack and 4 vorts on I was convinced this would be a really tough battle
What happened?
They didn't have the heart of the cards or the power of friendship

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
What happened?
prolly just didn’t want to fight

it was also quite early compared to when a lot of things happen now but that’s not a complaint on my end at all I hope it pushes people on earlier

Simman102

the Scourge of Roleplay
Nebulae
prolly just didn’t want to fight

it was also quite early compared to when a lot of things happen now but that’s not a complaint on my end at all I hope it pushes people on earlier
Most of the random spontaneous fights during day-to-day gameplay generate a harsher rebel response
Seems that people intentionally didn't flag up which is strange

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
With run and gun disabled, there's nothing particularly effective about vorts indoors. Unless they hold some really long corridors - and even then, MP7 vomit can pretty much wipe any greenie out in a heartbeat, unless said hallway stretches halfway across the map.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Not much happened on my side while I participated on the raid, few shots exchanged but fairly quiet on my front.

Only real thing for me, is that regardless of how the fights go, the emphasis on base raiding with specific locations to hit and rewards for doing so, were not things I was particularly interested in having continue into further maps. Granted it still made me show up so I guess it worked?

Although it was more of a feeling of obligation to spend the stockpile I kept from 24.

Giving notice on day and time was appreciated, something I would've enjoyed having on 24 just to help keep things from feeling like a constant battle, but I don't have much the energy for it. In regards to why the rebel performance seemed weak from Simman's post, Folks largely seemed to struggle for supplies, I gave out the bulk of my ammo and grenade reserves and some spare guns, but still seemed to be plenty of folks struggling regardless.

I suppose it's just not what compels me to play on the server, I'd rather be wandering the wasteland looking at weird aliens, remaining under the radar from combine patrols, while doing some freelance work, although I don't think that's the intended vision the server is going for?
It's a weird one, current events don't really do it for me atm.

Valtorix

Self-Identified S.T.A.L.K.E.R
Nebulae
Well, I got pumped for this base raid, I set alarms to make sure I was up early and prepared; only to get on, be ignored by everyone IC because I'm not as of yet an influential character, finally figure out where I'm going 3 minutes prior to when its about to start, hide in a vent uselessly, have my back up run away without notice, I follow, and then get ripped a part by a CP thats moving around like he has flash step thanks to the insane ping that all of a sudden occurred. Feels like I got capped by a kid lagswitching on old school call of duty lmfao.

A lot of stuff can be handled IC, but that god awful lag and co-ordination ugh, just was sooo let down. By the time my NLR ended everything was over, which I mean whatever I guess but still; very disappointing.
Most of the combat was interior, so I mean the fog was kinda' not necessary. I feel like all it served to do was alienate those not closer to the server host by getting them "Nani'd" by ninja cops.

FieldersNL

heck
Nebulae
What happened?
With run and gun disabled, there's nothing particularly effective about vorts indoors. Unless they hold some really long corridors - and even then, MP7 vomit can pretty much wipe any greenie out in a heartbeat, unless said hallway stretches halfway across the map.
Run and gun disabled is a significant nerf to the vorts.

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
I am glad run and gun is gone though tbh.
I'd personally bring it back for melee, pistols and maybe some of the smaller smgs, but I'm glad the big power weapons and rifles don't benefit from the mobility anymore.
even though I wiil miss OTA nutjobs peaking corners whilst screaming for dear life

Valtorix

Self-Identified S.T.A.L.K.E.R
Nebulae
It was IC lack of coordination which honestly isn't something anyone can deal with. That's all an IC issue they can resolve with time.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
I was pretty sure that would benefit the rebels even further as pushing corners is considerably harder without it
It makes popping out of corner to shoot equally as challenging. If the attackers manage to get a two-man system of one covering while another advances, it's pretty much impossible for defenders to peek without getting blasted far before being able to open fire on their own.

bilack

Electron
Nebulae
What happened?
Perhaps people find PassiveRP more fun than S2K