Serious Best Gmod maps of all time?

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
#Edit:
The votes have been counted.

Original post:
Following the poll of 1,000 votes for the most popular servers of all time to help archive Garry's Mod culture, I thought it might be interesting to find the most popular maps. Many respondents had wished they could vote for more than one server, so I'm allowing multiple choices for this poll.

For this vote, feel free to list up to 3 maps that you think are the best. These would be the file names of the maps you had the most fun on or played the most in Gmod, regardless if they were originally made for another game (for example cs_office) or even if you were the one that made them.

If you can't remember a specific map edit name then I'll still list the shortened name, such as rp_city45 representing a difficult to remember name like rp_tb_city45_v02n. You can further help by adding notes about the history of your favourite maps (like what year / server / gamemode you played on them) and what you enjoyed about them, which could be used as quotes in potential articles on specific maps.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Following the poll of 1,000 votes for the most popular servers of all time to help archive Garry's Mod culture, I thought it might be interesting to find the most popular maps. Many respondents had wished they could vote for more than one server, so I'm allowing multiple choices for this poll.

For this vote, feel free to list up to 3 maps that you think are the best. These would be the file names of the maps you had the most fun on or played the most in Gmod, regardless if they were originally made for another game (for example cs_office) or even if you were the one that made them.

If you can't remember a specific map edit name then I'll still list the shortened name, such as rp_city45 representing a difficult to remember name like rp_tb_city45_v02n. You can further help by adding notes about the history of your favourite maps (like what year / server / gamemode you played on them) and what you enjoyed about them, which could be used as quotes in potential articles on specific maps.
gm_construct
gm_flatgrass
gm_bigcity

Enough said

Zarail

Atom
Nebulae
gm_bigcity
gm_fork
rp_pripyat

though tbh i like these maps more because of what ive done on these maps rather than the maps themselves. nostalgia tends to make things seem better than they really are.
for an example, pripyat has been used by the iterations of ww3rp and frundtech that i played years earlier, and fork has been used by ww3rp several times.
and bigcity's a fucking classic. i mean, come on!!
i think i might also be a sucker for these because, in comparison to other gmod maps i used to play at the time, theyre large and open and used to put my old computer on suicide watch.

avralwobniar

Atom
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
cs_office for prophunt and ttt. probably my most played non-rp map

i17 is the map ive spent the most time on, and never got sick of it really

rp_tnb_coast is my favorite map. I just love coast

FMDev

Funny SCP Lady
Nebulae
rp_xyzscp and all its variants only worked within the context of the defunct servers and gamemode than ran them but they were great.

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
I take my comment back, the three best maps of all time are clearly:
gm_aistruct
gm_2flat
rp_nc_cityvchina
/s

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
I'd be cheeky and say mine,
But being real, the maps I shipped were unplayable trash.

Something with gmod stripped me of all capability

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
I'd be cheeky and say mine,
But being real, the maps I shipped were unplayable trash.

Something with gmod stripped me of all capability
You're allowed to vote for your own. If you worked hard on it and enjoyed it, I'd say that's as good a reason as someone being motivated to vote for gm_flatgrass. There are no rules on the poll other than 3 different votes at most.

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
the edit of evocity2(even though it was laggy and unoptimized as fuck)

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
The results have been posted, and after 100 respondents voted, the top five are:
gm_bigcity (25 votes)
gm_construct (23 votes)
gm_flatgrass (11 votes)
rp_evocity_v33x or "v33x" or "evocity" (8 votes)
gm_fork or "Fork" (7 votes)

Feel free to continue to discuss your favourite maps, but they will not be added to the results as I'd like to work on other articles now. Thanks to those that took part!

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
The results have been posted, and after 100 respondents voted, the top five are:
gm_bigcity (25 votes)
gm_construct (23 votes)
gm_flatgrass (11 votes)
rp_evocity_v33x or "v33x" or "evocity" (8 votes)
gm_fork or "Fork" (7 votes)

Feel free to continue to discuss your favourite maps, but they will not be added to the results as I'd like to work on other articles now. Thanks to those that took part!
Who tf voted for the FNAF maps

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
Evocity_v2d is the OG semi-seriousrp map. Doomfort in cub foods.

gm_oviscity was the first rp map I played on and it was great. But kindof a shit map by today’s standards.

Amsterville is still one of my all-time favs