Black screen

yacinebond2015

Neutrino
Nebulae
So basically I join Nebulous Hl2 server normally but when I choose a character to start playing it turns into a black screen, I can hear the ambiance sound and I can see the mouse reticule. Is there any method to fix that problem?

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
So basically I join Nebulous Hl2 server normally but when I choose a character to start playing it turns into a black screen, I can hear the ambiance sound and I can see the mouse reticule. Is there any method to fix that problem?
It happens to me sometimes, too.

Just go in the console and type 'retry', should fix it. If not, try again.

yacinebond2015

Neutrino
Nebulae
It happens to me sometimes, too.

Just go in the console and type 'retry', should fix it. If not, try again.

Once the black screen is on I can't even open the menu or console until I restart Gmod.

But for now I removed all my addons and installed few servers addons it works better than it was.

D

Deleted member 3818

I have the same problem I think, from my guess it's because my pc isn't powerfull enough to run all the add-ons. I had a fix that sometimes worked by putting good video settings on lowest possible, disabling stormfox in client and subscribing to as few add-ons as possible. For some reason it worked better when I downloaded them via joining the server

yacinebond2015

Neutrino
Nebulae
I have the same problem I think, from my guess it's because my pc isn't powerfull enough to run all the add-ons. I had a fix that sometimes worked by putting good video settings on lowest possible, disabling stormfox in client and subscribing to as few add-ons as possible. For some reason it worked better when I downloaded them via joining the server
It's already on minimum specs, when I've removed the addons and installed only those that I need it works better than it was.

Puffin The Muffin

Rebel, UM, Cop
Nebulae
It's already on minimum specs, when I've removed the addons and installed only those that I need it works better than it was.
When you get to the main menu screen, do you see the red auto disconnect icon in the top right?

If so, just relog onto the server, or restart GMod.

D

Deleted member 7591

I have the same problem now, how do I fix it?