BLAZER - 17/10/2020 - 6PM UTC

Discussion in 'Archived Events' started by Tyrone, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Tyrone

Tyrone certified sigma male

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]

You are approached by a sleazy looking man. He's talking about a job with good pay. You keep it in mind.

A Leather Clad Lad debut.

BLAZER is an event set inside an overrun facility. An antlion hive has claimed it as their home.

It is up to you, the players, to make work of this.

Gear up and get there in short notice. Time is of the essence.

This event is catered towards everyone. If you are a rebel, you may apply, but do keep your gear at home. Your employer doesn't care about what you have done and just needs your help, no matter what.

I will need a few event actors. Hit me up on Steam or shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Application format:
    1. What scares you the most?
    2. Who is your character?
    3. What is your character like?
    4. Would you kill anyone, and I mean anyone, without question?
    5. Do you like fire?
    6. Why should I pick you over others?

SLOTS: 10/10
    - Riscow as 'Donnie'
    - echs dee as 'Joshua'
    - Goopy as 'Alistair'
    - Jackround as 'Farzaad'
    - Tony as 'Aladdin'
    - Bigdaddy as 'Meishu'
    - Fireball as 'Eden'
    - Dvn as 'Vince'
    - maxi as 'Wadood'

- Magnum as 'Lucius'

Map:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2117398746

PKs are on, non-negotiable

#1 Tyrone, Oct 12, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    • nebulous nebulous x 13
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Subeh

Subeh pitmaster

Nebulae:

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  3. Numbers

Numbers ok
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]

• nebulous nebulous x 5
  4. Ricsow

Ricsow retarded LnBD lead
    Media Developer Premium Member

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]
    donnie.
    What I‘m scared of? There‘s many things like that, the worst of 'em definitely is makin' the wrong decision. I always wanna be assured I chose the right idea at the right time.

I‘m Donnie, Donnie Morenos. Ex-Terminal Worker, I rose to fame, fell back down to square 1 to a fake scandal, become a war photographer, and now I‘ve chosen my new path in life.

I can be a little 'eh... hotheaded sometimes, actin' in the heat of the moment, I‘ll admit that. But it all works out in the end, I calm down, access the situation n' everything. I got nothin' more to say in this regard.

Not even when I‘m actin' in the heat of the moment, would I kill some innocent person without thinkin'. I’ve never killed anyone, atleast I wouldn‘t know if I have or not. It really takes a lot for me to consider takin' someone‘s life away from them.

Fire keeps me warm at night, jus' don‘t get too close to it.

I like to think I‘m reliable n' useful to a team. I‘m well-armed, I‘m good at makin' plans, eh... Yeah that‘s the most important points.

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  5. echs dee

echs dee Atom

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]
    (@Ricsow )
    Joshua

Many things, two of them are OTA and creatures he's not capable of fighting. Both explains itself. Having OTA at your doorstep is a nightmare for everybody underground. Alongside some odd creatures, that you can't beat. So easily atleast...

A random nobody from City 17. 'Ex-citizen', a store owner from 2026. A Ex-ELA Insurgent. Since ELA's fall, Joshua's became something of a mercenary.

A skilled idiot. He's got some slight aggression issues, especially in stress. Usually, in shit situations. He's got some half-decent 'leadership' skills, for someone like him.

"Uhh.... Yeeeeaaah...."

"Not aslong as me and my friends are the ones on fire."

"I'm a reliable person. I especially know how to fix machineries and such, if It'll come to that. I know first aid, and shit."

#5 echs dee, Oct 12, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    • nebulous nebulous x 5
  6. Ricsow

Nebulae:
    Hm, I wonder who made that Poster. He might want credit for that bro

• nebulous nebulous x 4
  7. hangingwithmygnomies

Nebulae:
    1. What scares you the most? hm..headcrabs those are so scary with their legs like ughh.

2. Who is your character? ehh.. there is not something interesting in my character pffff i dont know what to say, a simply guy living his life alone, hoping he will find friends.

3. What is your character like? Kind of lazy for some things like job,sport idk what to say much, he can be agressiv with small things this is his bad habit in his personality, most of the time hes chill man he dosen't care about things around him.

4. Would you kill anyone, and I mean anyone, without question? it besides, if you are talking about the family or the closest friend than no, but yes i would kill the person if he did something bad to me or hes bad.

5. Do you like fire? i used to like fire but since a tragedy happend in my life its not that i dont like it like i used to.

6. Why should I pick you over others? idk...i am new player i joined the community 2 months ago and its not that i played in events, but if you think my application is bad than its not a problem you can deny my application.

#7 hangingwithmygnomies, Oct 12, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    • nebulous nebulous x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ricsow

Nebulae:
    @Leather Clad Lad please accept this dude I want to see Magnum succeed, just once

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  9. echs dee

echs dee Atom

Nebulae:
    Give magnum a chance

10. Tyrone

Nebulae:
    I won't deny you but I suggest taking inspiration from the previous applications. I want to know who the character is. Just get into their mindset

11. Goopy

Goopy Molecule

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]

"So what did you wanna tell me, kid?"

"There was this guy, asked some real weird questions for you Al"
    "Oh yeah? Run them over with me kid, tell me what he had"

"Well Al, what scares you most?"
    "That you or him asking that, kid?"

"Him"
    "What a weird question, mate has a haunted theme park he wants me to go through? Saying that, those are pretty up there, playing off cheap thrills with their clown masks. Probably rate it about in the top ten fears for me, kid. What you think about them?"

"Top ten? Nah mate, that's being a wuss. But answer seriously, money is involved 'ere Al."
    "Money? Why didn't you say so earlier you tit? Anything that I'm scared of is all so generic, cause everyone scared of them. You can't romance it, how do you make yourself seem special cause you're scared of losing loved ones. You're a thorn in my side, kid, but wouldn't know what I'd do if I lost you. Combine is pretty scary, but I think we're all scared of 'em, even the tossers on their ivory thrones in the Civil Authority, worse than the tories, but sure they still got fear of the big unknown that conquered our planet in 7 hours. They actually probably look like some weird lovecraftian racist bull crap."

"Yeah, yeah, I hear you Al. Big wuss by here. Alright, who are you then, Al?"
    "Alistair bloody Walsh, kid. You know me. Dreamer, entrepreneur, leader, liberator. A man with class, someone who takes actions. Used to be a bar keeper before this crap happened, now? Now I'm a man"

"Heard this shtick before, save it Al. What are you like?"
    "Like I said kid, I'm a man with class. A real gentleman. Ain't scared to stick it to the man, and when I do, I'll do it with grace. All these people hide down in the sewers, get stained with their wank clothes, too scared to put someone down, I aint like that, kid. I'm destined to be a someone, my ambitions will take me there."

"So a liar and a con man, shall we put that down Al?"
    "A thorn in my side, kid. A thorn in my side."

"How about this Al, would you kill me? Or rather, would you kill anyone, without a question? Even your wife?"
    "Again, kid, telling you this guy is a psycho, definitely trying to build a haunted theme park. Nah mate, I wouldn't. Not many people kill without reason, the cops, the OTA, I'm sure they don't kill without reason. Most people have a reason, without it you couldn't kill, unless you're an actual psychopath, or a character in a game, which very little people are. No, kid, I wouldn't kill ya unless I had reason to, I wouldn't kill anyone without reason to, killing is hard, makes your life hard. Learn that, alright kid?"

"Awfully kind of you, how unlike you. You like fire, Al?"
    "Kid, don't make me say it again. Psycho. Fire does jobs other things can't do. Can't remove a house with water. Can't remove a body without water. Fire is a great remover, which is what's scary about it. Add that to my fears, kid. Being trapped in a room, gasoline spread all over you, lit up with a match. Won't kill you instantly. You'll feel your flesh bubble, your skin fall off, your muscles meld to your bone. Your eyes liquidate. Your blood boil. And then you'll die, and with that death, your body will go missing. Will they even know you died? You're just ash now. It's not all like that, back in the day, people willingly got cremated to save the planet, believe that kid? So you could say I'm neutral on it"

"Christ Al, no one wants to hear that. Why should he pick you?"
    "Why shouldn't he, kid? I'm a smart and successful guy. Be great for him."

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  12. Jacksquare

Media Developer

Nebulae:

[​IMG]

What scares you the most?
    -- backstabbers; the sell-outs, type to kill you for their own benefit. Rat always knows when he's in with weasels.

Who are you?
    No doubt a revenant - should've received some second-rate fate in Sudan.
    What are you like?
    Altruistic. Incisive. To people a regular blacksmith, neighbour, demolitions expert. Man looking to get by.

I serve a bigger purpose. They see my pokerface.

Would you kill anyone, and I mean anyone, without question?
    Inshallah.
    My wrath descends upon those who obstruct my duty.
    Death is prompt, often takes the form of a bullet to the cranium.
    I can't promise a swift one. Never can I promise a swift one.
    19 / 09 / 2028
    Do you like fire?
    I take three pieces, no more.

Enough for a small explosion, to take out the structure -- to descend the crane. Bring it all down.
    Stuff it into a pressie-rig, already bribed the guardsmen. They'll turn a blind eye.

The mailman is comforted. I hold the remote.
    His last words-..
    drowned by the Skyfall.
    I watch.
    Never been so happy to see flames.
    Fire re-ignited. His death was for the cause.
    [​IMG]
    Why should you pick me?
    I get the job done.

• nebulous nebulous x 5
  13. hangingwithmygnomies

Nebulae:
    am i accpeted or not to play....i hope yes

14. jb aka deathwolf

jb aka deathwolf Rictal-Approved
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    he's saying you should probably remake your application pal

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Tony The Booze

Tony The Booze Neutrino

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]
    'Aladdin'

What scares me?
    I dunno, probably water- Yeah actually, water. I don't mean like, drinkin' the shit ya' know. I mean the depths, you don't know what's underneath it... it's like it can consume you. One dip in some murky water, some water you can't tell what's underneath, and that's the last someone will ever see of ya'. I'm scared of a lot of things... irrational things at most.

I'm a businessman, seven deadly sins... Greed and all that. I like to collect stuff, sell said stuff for outrageous prices... but don't tell anybody I told ya' that... completely confidential.

Aladdin is a sleazy, selfish, idiot-but-quite-intelligent sort of guy. It's one thing for sure he'll get the job done, but if you can trust his motives, and whether he'd save one another's skin is up to interpretation. If one thing comes to worse, he'd most likely save his own skin... he's not the gung ho hero type.

Kill someone? Hm. Maybe. Actually yeah, if its for the job's sake.

Fuck yeah, love fire. Explosions and shit... burning buildings. Epic.

Hah, Why should you pick me?

Exactly, why should you? I'll get the job done, but if you think I'm not here for the reward or my own gain, you'd be dead wrong.

16. bigdaddyman413

Nebulae:

[​IMG]

"What scares you the most?"

Death. It doesn't matter how, when or why. Death is a scary and touchy subject, especially when applied to friends or family, even one's self.

Death is ever-looming, and always coming. So, in truth, there's nothing he can do about it.

"Who is your character?"

Meishu Chisai.

His name is backwards, this due to his traditional Japanese up-bringing.

The boy is known for his dealings with the Resistance cells he comes across as well as criminal organizations ruining the city, playing both sides for gain, working off of odd jobs and such, he himself is known for helping people get paid by handing out jobs himself.

He's just another City Twenty-four player looking to make it big in the underworld.

A wannabe Yakuza.

"What is your character like?"

Although he isn't the most kind man, Meishu is rather social, his business dealings requiring him to be out there to find prospects for his lines of work.

With this, the man is also very aggressive, not one to play around, considering that most matters surrounding him are very serious, he himself, is very serious.

And, to add onto it all, the cherry on top, the man is very greedy, selfish too, only out there for himself when it comes to making profit, it's a rough world and he wants to be on top, it is what it is.

"Would you kill anyone, and I mean anyone, without question?"

Now, as said, he is greedy, but he is also human, of course he wouldn't kill without reason.

Especially if it would have him lose face and have his name slandered.

He needs a valid, viable reason to perform a murder, anything else is done without question, but, to take one's life is a very serious matter that he isn't ready to delve into without proper knowledge of his target.

"Do you like fire?"

No, Meishu is a greedy gangster, not an arsonist.

Simple as that.

"Why should I pick you over others?"

I'm the best in the business, not another like me. I may not have the equipment you'd like, but, I wanna make a name for myself, more then I already have.

Trust me when I say this, you won't find another employee like me.

Take this opportunity to take me in whilst you can.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  17. Tyrone

Nebulae:
    Two slots are still open. I am still taking in event characters, including antlion whitelist holders.

18. Oceana Fireball

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]
    Eden "Breezer" Zimmerman
    "What's there to not be scared of, we live in a world where around every corner is a headcrab ready to turn you undead, a barnacle waiting to scoop you up or a unit trying to find a reason to beat you"

"I'm just a man, nothing particularly important about me, I don't aspire to be anything more"

"After being through what we all have over these past years I'm just trying to keep myself alive, I treat others the way they treat me. However, I refuse to conform to anyone's ways one day I'll be collecting my ration in the city, the next I'll be telling campfire stories with some of the undesirables"

"No one kills someone without feeling a thing or without some doubt in their mind, I have killed but I have felt that guilt that last thought of what I could've done different"

"Fire's what brought us from the stone age into modern-day and It'll be the last thing the planet sees, It also lights the occasional cigar"

"Sometimes you find yourself listening to a man answer your questions and wonder should I choose him for my little adventure, the real question you should be asking is if your willing to part with the time you've wasted listening"

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  19. Jolly_Dasher

Jolly_Dasher Nucleus
    B A N N E D

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]
    User login: MacIntosh69278

What scares me the most?: What scares me? Well... I'm afraid of death, but I most people have that feeling. I'm scared of making mistakes, getting people killed. I want to help where I can.

Who am I?: My name is Michelle MacIntosh. I'm a citizen like so many others in this God forsaken place, but I've been through a lot this year, most of it almost costing my life.

What am I like?: I'm human, I make mistakes. I try and fix them where I can, which seemingly gets me in more trouble. I want people to trust me, but I also understand if they have their reason to never turn their backs to me.

Would I kill anyone without question?: It depends I suppose. I've never taken a life before I hope I don't have to in the future. That being said, if I have to protect myself or a loved one, I might be pushed to break my oath.

Do I like fire?: I'm not a pyromaniac if that is what you're asking, but I do like staying warm if it's cold outside.

Why should you pick me over the others?: Well, I don't know who these 'others' are, but I've got some skills that might come in handy. I'm a dead woman walking anyways, might as well try and do some good while I can.

#19 Jolly_Dasher, Oct 12, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    • nebulous nebulous x 1
  20. Tyrone

Nebulae:
    accepted

i also bumped the slots up to 10, so 2 more spots open

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice