Serious British General Election, 12th December 2019

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Snook, Nov 15, 2019.

?

Which party are you going to support?

1. Conservatives

16.9%
  2. Labour

38.6%
  3. Liberal Democrats

7.2%
  4. Scottish National Party (SNP)

15.7%
  5. Brexit Party

3.6%
  6. Green Party

2.4%
  7. Other

15.7%
  1. Snook

Snook Civil Authority Lead
    Moderator HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. uncle kev

uncle kev jerry
    WW3 RP Operator

Nebulae:
    I’ll be voting Tory. I’d lean towards labour usually, and I even voted remain, but Labour’s complete lack of commitment towards any side of the debate up until their hand was forced has quite clearly shown they’re not interested in the public and have been frustrating the government out of sheer politics.

Also, I hate the SNP

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Goatson

Goatson Guardian

Nebulae:
    im not a britbong so i cant vote ofc but if i could im leaning between tory and libdem

unpopular opinion inb4 ”lul libdems”

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Neo Komchan

Neo Komchan Neutrino
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    The greens want to borrow another trillion, labour and tories want to "Take Advantage of Low Interest Rates" which will inevitably cause them to raise and lower our credit rating. SNP is deluded, and have caused Scotland to be all "Inclusive" and stifle free speech. Lib Dems have no clue what they're talking about and repeatedly contradict themselves.

• Informative Informative x 4
  5. Snook

Snook Civil Authority Lead
    Moderator HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    I think that the options for most people in this election are not great. If you're a traditional centre-left person, who would normally look at the Labour party as your home, you're stuck with Jeremy Corbyn who some people really do not like and who cannot decide on a Brexit position, instead letting the ''people'' decide, trying to appeal to both sides of the argument. It doesn't work. You need to pick a side, or voters go elsewhere to get what they want - Liberal Democrats for remainers and Conservatives for leavers.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Neo Komchan

Neo Komchan Neutrino
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Personally, I think the Brexit Party remains an option, despite what the Conservatives would want anyone to believe. Unfortunately, it remains more of a "Farage" party then anything else. Our voting system has caused Tactical Voting to exist, which is utterly abhorrent, and the highly effective disinformation campaign against the attempt to improve it by Labour/Conservatives has been far too effective. Either the voting system changes, or we're stuck with the two main parties. Tactical Voting is Terrible.

7. Goatson

Goatson Guardian

Nebulae:
    idk mate at least they decidedly want to remain in the EU unlike both the tories and labour where its just a mess
    i have very personal reasons for wanting the UK to stay in the EU so if I lived over there that would be my main thing when deciding party

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rabid

Rabid Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Neo Komchan

Neo Komchan Neutrino
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    The EU isn't sustainable for the UK, unfortunately, nor is it going to be the most efficient system.
    Look at how it handled the Refugee Crisis, Greece, Spain (Suppressing Catalonian Separatists), Response to Brexit, Original Referredums to join (A lot of countries had to host multiple votes due to them being against it), and a hell of a lot more (Article 13).

10. Goatson

Goatson Guardian

Nebulae:
    The EU also brings plenty of positive things such as Schengen, important trade deals, the GDPR, the Data Privacy deals with the US(cant remember the actual name), not to mention the mutual crisis support that helped my country massively when we had huge forest fires rampaging in the country

Also most top level UK economists are all in agreement the pound is going to tank massively if you leave the EU, and possibly lead to a ten-year recession

and again as for my personal reasons, i have people close to me living in the UK so id love to be able to keep the ease of travel to there

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Neo Komchan

Neo Komchan Neutrino
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Yes, the ease of travel is a pain and so are the other perks.
    No, I don't trust these "Top Level Experts". They couldn't predict any of the major economic crisises, and some of them are bound to be advising the governments to take out the countless loans that have put the entire world under economic unsustainability. There's a reason Greece defaulting was such a major threat.

12. Goatson

Goatson Guardian

Nebulae:
    idk mate i kinda trust experts in their own field considering they have more knowledge than us

13. Neo Komchan

Neo Komchan Neutrino
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    Blindly following the 'Experts' hasn't worked well in the past.

14. Goatson

Goatson Guardian

Nebulae:
    not taking the advice of economical professionals hasnt worked well in the past either
    theres a reason we learn from past professional economists in even as basic a level as general education yknow

anyways thats not the point of the thread
    im just not in favor of brexit and neither are any of my close ones in the UK hence why i swing libdem

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. constantdisplay

constantdisplay Molecule

Nebulae:
    farage slithering out of his shallow 2016 grave to lead the brexit party and whine about how brexit is being handled (after he dipped after the referendum) was enough, if that man gets into a position of power imma scream

i wouldn't put it past previous UKIP voters though

16. Angel

Angel she/her/they nonbinary transfem
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    If Labour had nearly anyone else, possibly even a cactus, a dog or a rock it would swoop these elections.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Chopchop

Chopchop Electron

Nebulae:
    I don't even think that's nearly true.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Dallas

Dallas event guy

Nebulae:
    im in an snp/libdem/tory marginal seat

will be voting for the snp

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Neo Komchan

Neo Komchan Neutrino
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    ...The SNP is completely hypocritical and has directly caused the erosion of free speech in Scotland.
    As well as this, the Leader of the SNP has repeatedly stated she would change their name but doesn't for obvious reasons (Idiots voting for them merely for their name).

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Dallas

Dallas event guy

Nebulae:
    lmao alright pal

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice