Broken animations

FIGHTSONG

Quark
Nebulae
A lot of /act animations play a different one than they're meant to, often completely unrelated to what its supposed to show.

Since I'm the only one who sees these animations like this and since it happens on other servers, I'm sure it's a problem with my game.

The only thing is, I've completely reinstalled gmod (for unrelated reasons) including all of its addons and game content and it's still happening. I'm completely at a loss here. :/

Reactions: List

Deleted member 5501

The Civil Authority Grindset
B A N N E D
Nebulae
A lot of /act animations play a different one than they're meant to, often completely unrelated to what its supposed to show.

Since I'm the only one who sees these animations like this and since it happens on other servers, I'm sure it's a problem with my game.

The only thing is, I've completely reinstalled gmod (for unrelated reasons) including all of its addons and game content and it's still happening. I'm completely at a loss here. :/

A video would perhaps better illustrate the issue you're having. but without exact context, I can only comment from the opinion that /act commands are server based as they've been coded into the framework of the server. I doubt it's an issue with your game.

M

Man wearing a helmet

Find the hl2 extras folder and navigate to the models folder, delete all the files inside.

Mount the game Counter Strike: Source if you haven’t already, or download the content you’re using from elsewhere.

Reactions: List

FIGHTSONG

Quark
Nebulae
I talked to a couple other people who had the same problem. It's caused by using bootleg game content.

For anyone who gets the same problem, buy CSS and HL2E1+2.

Last edited: