Serious Building my car!

Meepy

Still needs to get a life
Nebulae
I thought I'd share the task of me building my car :3 Feel free to read, masturbate to and indulge yourself in my effort

So because I am a special child instead of buying a car like a normal human I decided to yeet myself this bad boi
UfUvdSo.jpg

Sexy isn't he? This is a 1968 VW Beetle UwU My son

My plan is to fully repair, restore and upgrade this bad boy by summer :D

Allow me to run over some of the current jobs, aside from the obvious ones you can see such as, finding where the hecking wings got to because they're not there?!??!?!!? big confusion

A2Xluwg.jpg

Firstly I need to yeet a new handbrake because the cable, like my will to live, snapped like a toothpick and the only thing stopping the car from rolling out into the road like the runaway train is my Dad's campervan but the bright side it means he can't force me to the lake district until I do which is nice

WT9JUMD.jpg

Another important job, find where the HECK is the engine is, because it is currently...on holiday? I was thinking of upgrading to a Subaru Impreza engine as it will fit in the bay and it will make achieving 70mph on the motorway something attainable

9vJdEaJ.jpg

One thing I did notice when I inspected the car is the gearstick has somehow yeeted itself out of the transmission so that probably needs doing

GpsuY85.jpg

The steering wheel as also run off and been replaced with that one you see there, this was done by my dad so we could actually get it out the garage where it had been sitting for 20 years, a new one shall be sourced. Where the cassette player is now a lovely hole, I was thinking of fitting a more modern system

The current plan right now is to wait until my dad has finished building the garage at our house so I can actually start working on it, I need to look at the suspension and chassis as I suspect they have withered away like my hopes and dreams, I'll update this as I go along lets hope I don't die

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
I thought I'd share the task of me building my car :3 Feel free to read, masturbate to and indulge yourself in my effort

So because I am a special child instead of buying a car like a normal human I decided to yeet myself this bad boi
UfUvdSo.jpg

My plan is to fully repair, restore and upgrade this bad boy by summer :smiley:

Allow me to run over some of the current jobs, aside from the obvious ones you can see such as, finding where the hecking wings got to because they're not there?!??!?!!? big confusion

A2Xluwg.jpg

Firstly I need to yeet a new handbrake because the cable, like my will to live, snapped like a toothpick and the only thing stopping the car from rolling out into the road like the runaway train is my Dad's campervan but the bright side it means he can't force me to the lake district until I do which is nice

WT9JUMD.jpg

Another important job, find where the HECK is the engine is, because it is currently...on holiday? I was thinking of upgrading to a Subaru Impreza engine as it will fit in the bay and it will make achieving 70mph on the motorway something attainable

9vJdEaJ.jpg

One thing I did notice when I inspected the car is the gearstick has somehow yeeted itself out of the transmission so that probably needs doing

GpsuY85.jpg

The steering wheel as also run off and been replaced with that one you see there, this was done by my dad so we could actually get it out the garage where it had been sitting for 20 years, a new one shall be sourced. Where the cassette player is now a lovely hole, I was thinking of fitting a more modern system

The current plan right now is to wait until my dad has finished building the garage at our house so I can actually start working on it, I need to look at the suspension and chassis as I suspect they have withered away like my hopes and dreams, I'll update this as I go along lets hope I don't die

fuck
where do you live
is that area stuck in the early 70s

Reactions: List

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
Subaru Impreza engine
king of blown head gaskets and overstroke
just make sure you get one with a semi closed deck because open deck EJs are as weak as it fucking gets, i doubt youre gonna be running a turbo so dont bother hunting for a fully closed deck as they demand a high price and even if you are running a turbo a semi closed deck is enough for about 300, 350 bhp on boost alone
and if youre interested in pushin top speed a bit dont be afraid to raise the redline a little for that extra bit of horsepower, EJs are overstroke as fuck which with decent strength internals can push quite good RPM
other than that, have fun mate and try to keep us in the know

Meepy

Still needs to get a life
Nebulae
king of blown head gaskets and overstroke
just make sure you get one with a semi closed deck because open deck EJs are as weak as it fucking gets, i doubt youre gonna be running a turbo so dont bother hunting for a fully closed deck as they demand a high price and even if you are running a turbo a semi closed deck is enough for about 300, 350 bhp on boost alone
and if youre interested in pushin top speed a bit dont be afraid to raise the redline a little for that extra bit of horsepower, EJs are overstroke as fuck which with decent strength internals can push quite good RPM
other than that, have fun mate and try to keep us in the know

I'm not using a turbo as that'd be overkill and I believe my dad is getting a semi closed

sky_

florida man
Nebulae

UfUvdSo.jpg

My plan is to fully repair, restore and upgrade this bad boy by summer :smiley:

A2Xluwg.jpg

WT9JUMD.jpg

9vJdEaJ.jpg

GpsuY85.jpg

car looks sick, just kinda uhh... old?