Bunker 6 |Feedback

Nebulae
ebba1C8.jpeg

okZK2v3.png

back of the feed

preemptive apologies for general clumsiness

@FreeSpy @Erkor @Numbers @Tinbe @constantdisplay @Oswald @deathwolf @Phil from MyPillow & whoever else i forget

thanks a lot to @OneClassyBanana event acting & @Laura for some of the propwork​

Last edited:

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
event was rly rly fun
errie at times
NPC combat wasnt a bore
S2RP went rly smoothly
Needed music a lot more
lots of boring long pauses, handle it!
xOq4B4O.jpeg
CC2T0B7.jpeg
lF6kBbO.jpeg
aTwlObJ.jpeg
zOimQLF.jpeg
E4AEHCo.jpeg
tsdUicp.jpeg
HAHeRFN.jpeg
vKJ63mR.jpeg
rqvf66e.jpeg
GS9ZkpO.jpeg
s14vRcz.jpeg
fjIS9lt.jpeg
MKlaxkU.jpeg

Reactions: List

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
good atmosphere, some hiccups with people speeding ahead for little reason besides hearing a zombie npc at the beginning

viewing this from an unwhitelisted player perspective, i think too many orsted came along which stole the thunder of preemptive/slow planning cus theyre all built like supersoldiers, why would they need to plan extensively

and too many vorts to adequately portray them getting drained that we all sort of resorted to having some of them die over time

from my perspective as an SD, tho, epic event, worked with the cards u been dealt by including everyone who wanted to come along so theres a net enjoyment if most people got to do something with their time

deathwolf

I AM SPIDERMAN, GRIST LIES! I AM HIM REALLY! ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
good atmosphere, some hiccups with people speeding ahead for little reason besides hearing a zombie npc at the beginning

viewing this from an unwhitelisted player perspective, i think too many orsted came along which stole the thunder of preemptive/slow planning cus theyre all built like supersoldiers, why would they need to plan extensively

and too many vorts to adequately portray them getting drained that we all sort of resorted to having some of them die over time

from my perspective as an SD, tho, epic event, worked with the cards u been dealt by including everyone who wanted to come along so theres a net enjoyment if most people got to do something with their time
only people that answered the /event announcing a location

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
guys you wont die if you have to wait for a couple minutes before engaging with npc zombies
got left behind with others 2-3 times while trying to rp

otherwise good event

Nebulae
yeah i am not very happy with the way a select few(!!!) among the party rushed ahead of everyone else to the point i had to /plyslay one of them after three IC warnings against it, not sure what can be done about that. same with picking the people; i have a hard time leaving people out of shit if i dont have a very good IC justification

definitely gonna think on these things

Erkor

Narrative/Lore Management
Nebulae
ok more serious post time

I think the event -- up until the point where i died -- was paced pretty well. Although inherent to the way HL2RP functions, I think the intermingling of s2k and s2rp can be a little dangerous (but that's coming from someone who's DMed and RPed in a very large amount of emote-only events against NPCs/'actors'*). The intermission of action between lulls is definitely a fun way to add action to a given sequence, but certain drawbacks always end up muddling it a little bit. Case in point: the snark attack. It wasn't a bad idea and I don't think the execution was bad either (i think it was very creative actually!!!!) but the sudden influx of lag made the combat go from interesting and tense to "oh god i just lost 120 hp somehow what the HELP!!"

I've had some time to ferment my state of mind following the Mute One's unfortunate NLR. I guess, in the way(s) that actually matter, it was my own folly--although maybe I should have believed L.A. instead of assuming something was off. Still, that was the one thing that ultimately soured my experience. I won't hold it against anyone involved because my reaction is about as visceral as when Dietmar Gropp got assbombed; it was a fair kill, but i wasn't particularly happy about it. Even though there's no consequence to this event death, I was looking forward to seeing how I could appropriate my vort's idiosyncracies in regards to the main antagonist. Ultimately that didn't happen, but I think I might have been disappointed in a different manner if I wasn't given the "coochie coochie coo" treatment by a zombie torso. also that thing apparently ate and entire mag and didnt die lmao

All in all, my verdict is this:

-The event itself I think was interesting and offered some cool insights into zombified vortigaunts from my PoV.

-The emote combat felt enjoyable and--bar a couple hiccups like Zhao accidentally murderizing the Gonome we were fighting because he thought it was godmodded--rewarding in regards to creativity. I hope the wording on that telekinesis emote wasn't too confusing, though, whoever played the "i am outside and hurting you right now" Gonome; the chatbox can get really hectic with the combat posts!

-The lull thereafter felt very interesting. I was looking forward to exploring that further, but there's probably going to be another time for that. Or I'll just co-opt it into something I make up down the road who knows

-The intermissions of S2K are a little scary. I'm a proponent of exclusively roleplaying combat, but I've been accustomed to that environment for years. Other people aren't, and they'll probably find it boring, or something.

I think 7/10.

-3 because im buttmad

e:

10/10 is virtually impossible to attain in my made-up-on-the-spot rating system​

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
yeah i am not very happy with the way a select few(!!!) among the party rushed ahead of everyone else to the point i had to /plyslay one of them after three IC warnings against it, not sure what can be done about that. same with picking the people; i have a hard time leaving people out of shit if i dont have a very good IC justification

definitely gonna think on these things
WW3RP IED scripts solve most problems. Including this one.

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Good fun, bouncing between S2RP and S2K went by pretty well from my perspective, although the hiccups with snarks left me pretty banged-up, since they can apparently chew through 80 hp in two seconds. The Gonome trio felt like overkill at first, but I understood it in hindsight. We had a waayyy too many people come along that caused the difficulty to spike up.

Whether there should've been that many ICly is a bit tricky, since the fanfare before the event made it sound like a major threat - hence necessitating a small army. Of course, this in return leads to a lot of stuff bogging down due to the sheer number of people involved, which leads to increased difficulty, which in return makes it seem like more people are needed... so on and so forth.

I'm not sure if there's any clear-cut answer to such a dilemma besides hardcapping the amount of players allowed, so I won't mull over that much longer. I guess my takeaway from this is that snarks should be used in moderation (small hitboxes + speed demon velocites + server latency = pain), and that zombie torsos shouldn't be employed a lot in close quarters due to their own, fucky hitboxes.

Not sure if there's much else to say with everybody else filling in with similar thoughts. Gotta say that the S2K part was intense as hell. The only painful part - and this is an aside that you probably couldn't have control over - was the fact that the "Something is creating script errors" message is pasted over player info, making the readout of HP and stamina much more difficult in the heat of the moment.

Nebulae
Good fun, bouncing between S2RP and S2K went by pretty well from my perspective, although the hiccups with snarks left me pretty banged-up, since they can apparently chew through 80 hp in two seconds. The Gonome trio felt like overkill at first, but I understood it in hindsight. We had a waayyy too many people come along that caused the difficulty to spike up.

Whether there should've been that many ICly is a bit tricky, since the fanfare before the event made it sound like a major threat - hence necessitating a small army. Of course, this in return leads to a lot of stuff bogging down due to the sheer number of people involved, which leads to increased difficulty, which in return makes it seem like more people are needed... so on and so forth.

I'm not sure if there's any clear-cut answer to such a dilemma besides hardcapping the amount of players allowed, so I won't mull over that much longer. I guess my takeaway from this is that snarks should be used in moderation (small hitboxes + speed demon velocites + server latency = pain), and that zombie torsos shouldn't be employed a lot in close quarters due to their own, fucky hitboxes.

Not sure if there's much else to say with everybody else filling in with similar thoughts. Gotta say that the S2K part was intense as hell. The only painful part - and this is an aside that you probably couldn't have control over - was the fact that the "Something is creating script errors" message is pasted over player info, making the readout of HP and stamina much more difficult in the heat of the moment.

definitely a learning experience in the use of snarks. this was their first showing in the server. i was happy they turned out to be threatening but also understand the need to take lag into consideration

glad you had fun. also ((the artifact)) in your possession will have a followup on it soon @OneClassyBanana