Serious Buying Premium

Deleted member 3713

My dick way too small to have y’all on it.
Nebulae
I do understand that the charges for premium are a revolving monthly charge
Now tell me
Has anyone ever been ripped off or un-able to stop the monthly charge? Any complaints?

I just need re-assurance, thanks!

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
If you've got concerns or questions regarding premium, I'm sure @alex will be able to help you out

PilotBland

community antagonizer
Nebulae
i haven't been able too cause my card got declined

alex please take my money I know my bank account is in the negatives at the moment but I need a cute skin

Deleted member 3713

Nebulae
If you've got concerns or questions regarding premium, I'm sure @alex will be able to help you out
I just need evidence really that it doesn't really screw anyone over, since I've heard paying month by month can be hard to stop the charges

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
I deal with any Premium Membership issues and so far we've only ever had issues with PayPal not notifying us correctly, which is now fixed with our switch to the new payment system provider. To cancel Premium Membership you only need to go to the Store page and click the "Cancel Membership" button at the bottom, the subscription will run it's course and expire after the 30 day period.
[doublepost=1510954970][/doublepost]It'd be great if other Premium members can reply though.

Reactions: List

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i pay because i like the community tbh

im an apprentice and i can afford five quid

like who the fuck cant afford five quid but can afford internet and a gaming pc

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I've previously had an issue my card being declined because it was done via European payment methods, though I think that's been fixed now.

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
the community wouldnt be here if it ripped off all its donators

it is bad practise

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
Even if for some reason you can't cancel it, you just phone your and say 'block this payment from now on' and it won'go through.

Deleted member 3713

Nebulae
yeah i just needed feed back to make sure since in the past I've had problems with paypal, please keep giving feedback!

SHODAN

'Sentient Hyper-Optimized Data Access Network'
Nebulae
It'd be great if other Premium members can reply though

Fuck it, let me give you my own personal response then, going off the different things you get. Looking at it primarily from a HL2RP standpoint because its what I have most experience with:

- Zombie Whitelist: Never used it but I heard some people saying they have enjoyed RPing as a headcrab or necrotic. Be prepared to die a lot and very quickly if you happen to run into any geared up resistance members. I believe you still have to apply for it though via @Chicken.
- PET flags: Physics gun, Toolgun and Prop spawning access. This tends to be the thing I use the most from premium to add a couple of decorations here and there for my market stall, spawn in a mug to ICly make someone a cup of coffee as a Secretary or even decorate my clinic a little when doing medical RP. Just make sure you don't go overboard without staff permission - otherwise you could end up losing access to PET.
- Citizen body-groups: Purely a vanity thing, you can change up your BG to include glasses and whatnot so that you can be cool and different from everyone else. Mainly used this for editing my resistance bodygroup to get a medical shirt instead of standard blues for my character.
- Premium container: Arguably the best and most important benefit from a mechanics standpoint, this benefit gives you an extra 30kgs (I think) of storage space in certain locations around the map. Use this to store your extra gear or before you head off into the city.

The forum banner is a nice touch that makes your profile look a little bit nicer I guess and the premium-only discussion board is...alright. I would say its more for a quick read and the odd interesting topic rather than something you will want to check all the time.

Dealing with @alex and the system in general. Not going to lie when I say Alex was really quick when I paid for premium but received none of the benefits (this was using the old system) as he managed to correct the situation within the hour. Obviously that's going to vary at times because man needs to sleep but he clearly isn't trying to rip anyone off.

I've actually spoken with him a few times, bit of a nerd (love you really) but otherwise he is really down to earth and is a pretty decent dude. I wouldn't say we were close on a personal level or even knew each-other too well. I am not staff and have zero reasons to lie in order to 'trick' people into getting premium.

Most importantly just think about your experiences on the servers - ignore the rest of the fancy crap that goes along with it like the rewards and think about how you enjoy everything. If you like it and enjoy RPing then chuck the community 5 quid every month. If you don't then don't bother - a zambie whitelist isn't going to make everything better magically.

There. Response administered.

Chicken

Nihilanth
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I deal with any Premium Membership issues and so far we've only ever had issues with PayPal not notifying us correctly, which is now fixed with our switch to the new payment system provider. To cancel Premium Membership you only need to go to the Store page and click the "Cancel Membership" button at the bottom, the subscription will run it's course and expire after the 30 day period.
[doublepost=1510954970][/doublepost]It'd be great if other Premium members can reply though.
what do I do if I don't have a credit card because last time I checked it necessarily required one to make the subscription-based payment

the last man

corn lord
Nebulae
Next month will be my one-year anniversary of paying for premium uninterruptedly throughout the whole year. Never felt like I've been scammed, ripped off or otherwise felt like anything was shady. Never really had any problems aside from some times where the transaction was delayed or something and I simply had to wait a couple of hours for things to actually go through.

I don't really pay to get the rewards, I pay because I like seeing the community thriving and working as it should. I spend a lot of my free time here so I don't see why I shouldn't be able to cash up the equivalent of half a cinema-ticket every month to help out.

Chicken

Nihilanth
B A N N E D
Nebulae
- Zombie Whitelist: Never used it but I heard some people saying they have enjoyed RPing as a headcrab or necrotic. Be prepared to die a lot and very quickly if you happen to run into any geared up resistance members. I believe you still have to apply for it though via @Chicken.
Also, I'd just like to take the opportunity and mention that paying specifically for Zombie whitelist is not a good idea, as it still requires you to apply - and I need to be harsh on quality control because nobody likes zombies that just constantly abuse nlr, etc., which can get the faction removed really quick.

If you're unsure, I accept apps even if you don't have premium - in case you don't know if you would qualify or not.

I mean, yeah, sorry if you are paying 5 bucks a month to become zombie and end up denied, but sadly paying doesn't equal trusted and experienced roleplayer.

Black Rain (1989)

The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Chardust
Nebulae
I enjoy the community and I like providing for it both as a member of staff and fiscally. The rewards are completely subjective to how much you play and your play style. But if you treat this as your hobby like many of us do then I don't see the harm in 5 pounds a month, especially since the new payment system is easy and streamlined.