Cannot Use Weapon

Breakfast

Neutrino
Nebulae
So I bought a Scar-H tonight and wanted to pull it out to see what happened. Only problem is that when it's equipped, I can't pull it out. I also can't load ammo.

9021d22dcbf2caaa8f61aac1a576de4d.png

228feec3f9417fdf5c680962af3925dd.png

ab0d61de7f4b545b0310c2682130bbad.png

I discovered that if I did /charfallover, I can equip the weapon, but it still doesn't show up in my wheel.

Last edited:

steambored

Make no mistake, this is a one-way trip.
Nebulae
So I bought a Scar-H tonight and wanted to pull it out to see what happened. Only problem is that when it's equipped, I can't pull it out. I also can't load ammo.

9021d22dcbf2caaa8f61aac1a576de4d.png

228feec3f9417fdf5c680962af3925dd.png

ab0d61de7f4b545b0310c2682130bbad.png

I discovered that if I did /charfallover, I can equip the weapon, but it still doesn't show up in my wheel.
use anoter weapon to load in ammo, could fix it

Breakfast

Neutrino
Nebulae
Update:

I came back to the game, thinking that maybe closing out of Gmod and coming back in would do anything. Still having the problem.

I tried selling the weapon and getting another one, but that didn't work either.

I tried what @spectry suggested with an M16, but I can't load ammo or equip the weapon either, so it looks like this is a problem I'm having with every weapon.

steambored

Make no mistake, this is a one-way trip.
Nebulae
Update:

I came back to the game, thinking that maybe closing out of Gmod and coming back in would do anything. Still having the problem.

I tried what @spectry suggested with an M16, but I can't load ammo or equip the weapon either, so it looks like this is a problem I'm having with every weapon.
Try a new character.

Reactions: List

Breakfast

Neutrino
Nebulae
So here's an update.

I spent most of the day on another character. I had no problems using a weapon on him. Now this made me suspect that the reason that I couldn't use a weapon was because the character was OOCly wounded. I had medical RP done earlier that day but a staff member would never heal me when I used !help.

But anyways, my coal character was NLR'ed from an edge overdose, and when I bought another weapon, I couldn't equip it.

So uh, now both of my characters are fucked up. No clue what to do.

EDIT: I tried the M9K's in SP with no problems. I went to the trouble of suiciding to see if they'd break after I died, but nothing happened.

Last edited:

Breakfast

Neutrino
Nebulae
Yeah so, another update in a process that's painstaking for every side. I've jumped to conclusions on something, and I'm sorry that I quickly went off on an assumption before checking other psosibilities. I've had a really bad day, and my temper and patience have really been hurt because of it.

So anyways, on my second character, loading ammunition into the rifle managed to make the weapon equip-able. The problem remains that I cannot load ammunition for my first character, though. Because it's only for that guy, who's wounded, I think it has to do with his injury somehow, although he's just slightly injured.

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
Secondly I'd ask you to join a singleplayer and try using CW2 weapons. If there is no problems, trying joining the server, loading your character, unequipping and re-equipping everything.
we use a slightly modified version of CW2.0 to make it less broken when using it with clockwork

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
Only change I see
just because it's backend stuff you can't see, doesn't mean it wasn't changed

by and large a majority of the base is identical to the workshop version, but there has been changes

all i'm saying is that if something works in singleplayer there's no guarantee it'll work on the server and vice versa

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
oh yeah dude real backend

because lua scripting is so backend
ok how about this description instead:

stuff was changed that didn't directly affect the UI or how weapons appear to handle

does that satisfy your desire to be loved by someone other than your parents?

Breakfast

Neutrino
Nebulae
Short version, this thread can be locked and move since the issue's fixed itself.

Long story, I just got back from a bit of a trip. When I logged in I had no problems equipping a weapon and loading ammunition. I think it has something to do with the weapon update that happened while I was gone, but I'm fumbling in the dark for an explanation because I know nothing about scripting.