Can't join server

RoboPanda

Neutrino
Nebulae
This morning, I joined the server and everything was working fine. I left for a few hours, and when I came back, my Gmod crashed when I tried joining the server. I tried it again and the same thing happened. I set it to "only download map files" and it still crashed. I verified the integrity of my game files, restarted my PC, and tried again, and it still crashed. I set it to "do not download any custom server files" and it still crashed. Every other server I joined, everything worked fine. Every time I try joining, it gets to the point to where it says it's downloading the helix/ix_hl2rp logo, pauses there for a good minute, then crashes the game completely. At this point, I don't know what the problem is.

Last edited:

Masky

Full time lurker, Part time social anxiety attack.
Nebulae
It's a stretch but have you done any port-forwarding or messing about with router settings recently or know if anyone else has? I had a similar issue where I couldn't join specific servers due to a family member port forwarding for a server and it screwed up everything.

RoboPanda

Neutrino
Nebulae
It's a stretch but have you done any port-forwarding or messing about with router settings recently or know if anyone else has? I had a similar issue where I couldn't join specific servers due to a family member port forwarding for a server and it screwed up everything.
No. No one in my family would know how to do that.

RoboPanda

Neutrino
Nebulae
Update: I fixed it. Since the Helix logo was not downloading when I went to the server, and it said it wwas under materials, I copied the Helix content addon and pasted it in materials. This made it so my game wouldn't have to download it. I got in with ease this time.

Raijiin

Electron
Nebulae
Could you explain what you did, in a bit more details? Or steps?

I have a bit of a similar problem and i cant remember how to deal with gmod, thanks.

RoboPanda

Neutrino
Nebulae
Could you explain what you did, in a bit more details? Or steps?

I have a bit of a similar problem and i cant remember how to deal with gmod, thanks.
Well, every time I crashed, it got stuck at “Downloading materials/helix/ix_hl2rp/logo.png.” I went to my materials folder in my computer for Gmod and found nothing there that matched this. I figured the only place this could possibly come from is the “Helix Content” addon, and that this one material from it is incompatible with downloading through Gmod, so I copied the Helix Content addon and pasted it in my materials folder. When I went back to Gmod, it still got stuck on the same thing, but it let me through after a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: List