Can't join the HL2 server.

Masky

Full time lurker, Part time social anxiety attack.
Nebulae
Recently I've been having an odd issue with my garrysmod. All servers on the server browser work fine but a select few servers appear as non responsive and when I attempt to join through the IP it tells me connection failed after 6 retries.

I've tried deleting my garrysmod folder, verifying the cache, deleting a bunch of addons, joining through a friend and joining through connect IP. The servers were working for me fine yesterday and the only thing changed was my router crapped out on me for about half an hour then worked fine after a restart.

Edit: Fixed it.

Last edited:

Masky

Nebulae
How did you fix it? I'm having the same problem.
I fixed it by going into my router settings and going to the port forwarding tab and disabling all exceptions. The issue for me specifically was someone did some port forwarding to make a private server for a pirated game which was messing with steam. Hope it helps!

Reactions: List

albzino

Neutrino
Nebulae
How did you disable all exceptions? I'm on the Port Forwarding tab but I don't see any way on disabling it, I'm using Virgin Media, lol.

N15tL4W.png

Masky

Nebulae
It seems you don't have any port forwarding rules/exceptions made so there is nothing to disable.

Reactions: List