Serious Capital Hill Autonomous Zone

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by HBaguette, Jun 9, 2020.

1. NightLock

NightLock Nooblet

Nebulae:
    I agree that it really needs to be taken down so some actual law enforcement and other city services can be provided to the area and people stop dying and getting assaulted by the 'police' there which I think most people have seen are acting like morons sometimes and more than normal cops are usually dickheads. Also detectives really need to be let in to investigate these sorts of things.

Buuuuuut, if they want to be stubborn about it, fine. Double down, build a big permanent Trump wall and make the protesters pay for it

Also what's up with people in the CHAZ/CHOP whateverthefuck saying that they're angry about police not showing up? Isn't that the whole damn point? And even when they do go they aren't cooperated with in the slightest so that they can get to/figure out the crime scene. These people confuse me.

#501 NightLock, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Megafreak

Megafreak shit medic

Nebulae:
    throw the whole zone in the bin

seriously who the fuck thinks anarchy is a good idea ever, especially in america

you take a fuckton of riled up people with easy access to guns especially with a reduced/thinned out police presence thanks to corona, protests and rioting making it easier to slip in more guns (if they were even attempting to stop it lol) and you get this fucking mess

anarchy is just an excuse for power tripping morons to beat the shit out of people for minor crimes, loot shit and then start to break laws without repercussions - that whole zone is looking like a mix of the dark zone from the division and a budget contender for the next bad guy location in the walking dead

also ironic how it started as a protest to the government supposedly being corrupt and police brutality and now you have rape, murder, robbery and 'security officers' that point blank execute people for having a car similar to suspected shooters after opening fire on them in an ambush

literally last of us style ambushing people and then executing them - and they have the gall to ask "where were the police" - not going the fuck near that dark zone you created that's where the fuck they were - what kind of fucking numbskull would go anywhere near there, especially after you kicked the cops that went in a few days ago to secure a shooting scene for medics out when it was calmer in the zone. ignoring all the guns that were handed out to randoms they now want them to go in after people literally ambushed an SUV and executed someone? fucking barmy

that mayor is a fucking idiot for allowing this shit in the first place and now cops/national guard are absolutely gonna get hurt when they inevitably have to go in and clear this place out. its only gonna get worse from here on out and the longer its left alone the more organised the resistance will be when it has to be taken back

literally turned the zone into CW rebel RP with no pk auths needed

• Agree Agree x 10
  3. Leather Clad Lad

Leather Clad Lad `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    And enough ammo lmao

4. Shrike

Shrike corn lord

Nebulae:
    a failed organized anti-state movement as part of a larger movement against systemic issues inside a failed nation state becoming one of the most sensationalized piece of news and takeaways from the conflict

it really does feel like we're watching live proof of why a federalized state of 330 million people from diverse cultures and socioeconomic origins cannot properly organize a broad political entity that doesn't have glaring structural issues related to systemic violence, injustice and instability.

Is the american experiment finally collapsing? more news at 11

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Leather Clad Lad

Nebulae:
    Recolonize the colonized lands yes yes

Or well balkanize

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Shrike

Shrike corn lord

Nebulae:
    We're in a tricky situation. By many means, we're still dependant on the strength of the United States for the stability and continued growth of the increasingly globalized economy, which makes diminishing the federal entity within the country problematic on a global scale. No matter the problems that come along with it, the federal is still as necessary as ever if we do not wish to rock the boat upside down, especially in the matter of fiscal and monetary policy.

7. Leather Clad Lad

Nebulae:
    I think there's barely anything stopping it now. Wait and see, I suppose

8. Shrike

Shrike corn lord

Nebulae:
    if the US actually properly starts collapsing, it's in the world's best interests, particularly that of europe and the americas, to intervene and support some form of american state that can at least temporarily hold onto its economic capacity. If the US actually goes under, we'll see huge NATO and EU interventions, military and civil.

In one of fate's cruel ironies, the US is now for better or worse best described as 'too big to fail'.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Aether

Aether haha dumb truck

Nebulae:
    As much as I'd hope England would swoop in and reclaim what was ours, I think the most realistic option is just that the place is divided in half by Canada and Mexico.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Ond

Ond Rictal-Approved

Nebulae:
    >england starting wars to reclaim territory ever again

hahahahaha

the u.s will never be divided between Mexico and Canada

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Shrike

Shrike corn lord

Nebulae:
    idk what part of history we're in but we're certainly not in the "my neighbour just collapsed it's time to divide their lands feudally between me and my other neighbouring countries" era any more.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Aether

Aether haha dumb truck

Nebulae:
    I mean idk, people calling eachother kings and queens, there's a plague, feudalism looking pgood right about now

13. Shrike

Shrike corn lord

Nebulae:
    feudalistic types of government and land rights have little to do with having queens, kings, wars and plagues

the sheer fact that technological efficiency has moved us away from argiculturally based economies is proof that it's near impossible for people to actually live in feudal societes anymore, no matter how many people we call lords, dukes, queens, kings and counts

unless we suffer catastrophic near-extinction events that put an end to the anthropocene we will not see the return of pre-industrial philosophies of land and wealth distribution.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. PilotBland

PilotBland community antagonizer

Nebulae:
    itt Europeans larping about america falling for the 900th time

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Shrike

Shrike corn lord

Nebulae:
    on the contrary mister bland in this thread today i'm offering a hypothesis about how international interventionism would keep undeniable internal instabilities within the US from causing complete collapse and a general loss of life and living because of the economic importance of both a stable dollar and american investments

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Leather Clad Lad

Nebulae:
    My guy its pretty serious anno 2020

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. mert

mert Molecule

Nebulae:
    if america falls then cyberpunk 2020 is gonna become reality

18. Leather Clad Lad

Nebulae:
    More like mad max considering its america lmao

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Aether

Aether haha dumb truck

Nebulae:
    it was a joke bro

20. Shrike

Shrike corn lord

Nebulae:
    to be completely honest with you i was only looking to make a post in which i could hyperlink a picture of the unabomber and your post offered a great excuse

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice