Car dodge in the gta games, why has no one talked about it!?

depthjacks

Proton
Nebulae
For those who dont know what I mean, here's a short story :
I few years back I played Liberty City Stories on my psp, I had a 3 star wanted level and was on foot. While running I noticed a cop car charging towards me, so by instinct I decided to press the jump key to avoid the car. Instead of seeing a short jump to the side, what I saw was Tony doing a full on dive roll, infact it was the exact same animation which the peds do when you drive fast near em.

And hell, this isn't the only gta game that had this happen to me, same case with III. A civilian car was driving towards me, I saw it in the last moment and pressed the jump button, this was followed by me seeing Claude jumping to the side face first in the pavement, and again the peds in gta III do that same animation.

So, here are my 2 questions: Is this still a thing that can be done, and why has no one ever talked about this?
I've looked everywhere and I can't find anything related to this topic.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
what I saw was Tony doing a full on dive roll, infact it was the exact same animation which the peds do when you drive fast near em.
this tends to happen when landing on angles, done it before down a flight of stairs on Liberty City stories.

depthjacks

Proton
Nebulae
this tends to happen when landing on angles, done it before down a flight of stairs on Liberty City stories.
no i dont think you understand, this specific animation only happens when a car is speeding towards you. you need to understand that this same shit is in gta 3 as well, its just that, well, claude jumps face first instead of rolling

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
This can happen in GTA 3, it’s annoying though since he takes like thirty years to get up again